Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Getting new catback/headers, need mid pipe?

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  CreationNation 
#1 ·
I'm going to be picking up a Magnaflow Catback system and some BBK 1 5/8" headers, if I left the stock mid pipe on there would it create a lower performance issue vs. getting a new mid pipe as well?

#5 ·
Yeah the hurdle will be showing the wife how much it's going to cost hehe.

I was thinking the BBK-1521 H-Pipe set. I think I'll add that in to the "total".

So far the order is looking to be:

BBK Shorty unequal headers
BBK-1521 Mid
Magnaflow Catback
New "Chrome" headlamps
BBK Cold Air Intake
New Caliper sets for the front (Napa premium sets for now)

#6 ·
sounds like a pretty good start :)

#12 ·
ya, i didn't know if you had emissions, where i am at right now and were i was before we don't have emission testing, but everywhere around the areas does :)

#13 ·
Midpipe isn't just about sound. You can make some extra power with them too. And when you start making more power down the road with bigger mods, you'll definitely want the extra flow.

It's too bad you have emissions testing where you live, or I'd recommend the Mac ProChamber. It combines the best qualities of the H and X pipes, and has the most unique (and best IMO) sound of any mid pipe.

#14 ·
Yeah I definitely wanted to also get a setup that I wasn't boxing myself in with down the road as I build out the engine etc. - I think the setup I've decided on will be good for as far as I plan on taking any engine rebuild/mods.

Sweet thanks guys, will be ordering all my parts today! I'll start/search for a computer chip/mod thread soon... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.