Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cam

2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  iamdat 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im new here i was wondering i got a B cam layin around its out of my old 302 i was wondering would it hurt anything if i put the used B cam in my new 302? thanks

#7 ·
the cam on a 5.0 is a really straightforward swap, if u did the heads u can definitely do the cam. u can remove the water pump and timing cover as one assembly if i remember correctly to save time. itll take a few hours but its definitely worth the swap as far as power and sound.

#8 ·
sweet and thanks for the tip on saving time thank god this car isnt my daily driver any more so i can take my time doing the work it took me forever to do the heads cuz work was slowing me down but now i can do it on the weekend and again thanks :good:

#10 ·
yea its a straight forward swap, take off the intakes, timing cover,water pump and the front accesories needed. If the gasket on the water pump to timing cover is good still you can remove them together.

How many miles on the motor? putting in a new set of lifters wouldnt hurt either.

#12 ·
also even though its a small mild cam, double check to see if the stock valve springs can handle it if they are stock atleast.

#14 ·
check the spring rate, I dont know them off the top of my head and check the b cam specs.

#18 ·
Board Navigation

well since it didnt show the link, thats a chart for headflow to compare

#22 ·
b-cam will work in a completely stock engine. other than sound, a cam in a 5.0 will do nothing! you're gonna need aftermarket heads or at least good ported E7TE's. the best thing you can do for a 5.0 besides forced induction is heads. the stock heads are anemic! on mostly stock engines, as far as off-the-shelf cams, ive always preferred TFS stage 1's. they can be picked up anywhere cheap. i know crane made the TFS cams and since crane has gone under, little is known about who is gonna make TFS cams now.shot, and bolt ons.

#25 ·
just curious, on a 94/95 gt, what are the heads called? i don't know all the little stuff about my car yet :( i know it has the funny angled plugs, was just curious if it was the same as the explorers or slightly differnt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.