94gt transmission vibration - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #1

89TBirdSC is unknown around these parts
94gt transmission vibration

Hey everyone. Just recently got a '94 gt stang, test drive went great so we got it for 4900. Great condition too. However just a week ago the transmission had started vibrating somewhat violently around 35-45 mph. I just today did a good tune up and oil change on the motor, since it looked horrible and there was little oil in the motor to begin with idiot previous owner! I have done some research in this, some sites say that this is common with the transmission, it will shake and vibrate, and that replacing the fluid and filter fixes the issue. I did go to Ford and buy the right fluid/filter/gasket, so I'm ready to go for the change, but if anyone else has had this sort of issue any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
[/I]

Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Herbstang is unknown around these parts
Re: 94gt transmission vibration

Just for grins and giggles have you check the mounts ?? could be a Torque Converter Clutch solenoid, or the shift solenoid is sticking. It might also be the transmission filter is partially clogged also check for a slight wobble in the drive shaft

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

94 Mustang GT is unknown around these parts
Re: 94gt transmission vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89TBirdSC View Post
Hey everyone. Just recently got a '94 gt stang, test drive went great so we got it for 4900. Great condition too. However just a week ago the transmission had started vibrating somewhat violently around 35-45 mph. I just today did a good tune up and oil change on the motor, since it looked horrible and there was little oil in the motor to begin with idiot previous owner! I have done some research in this, some sites say that this is common with the transmission, it will shake and vibrate, and that replacing the fluid and filter fixes the issue. I did go to Ford and buy the right fluid/filter/gasket, so I'm ready to go for the change, but if anyone else has had this sort of issue any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
[/I]
Im sure you did something with it by now, but depending on how many miles are on the trans i wouldnt recommend changing it! Also I would recommed checking the trans breather tube (Very common to over look for lot of trans issues!) So I hope you got it figured out by now! lol what was the deal?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT