Help with ideas for mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Jones Send a message via MSN to Jimbo Jones Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo Jones
Help with ideas for mods

Uncle whos a Ford nut found me a Stang. '87 GT with '94 5.0 motor. It's his buddies car,my uncle put the motor,new clutch with all the goodies in it when the motor went in not to long ago. I can get the car dirt cheap and know it has been drove about everywhere and it's dependable. Want to make a good daily driver out of it but still have some power but a ton because I'm going to do several things to it to make it nicer with the money I'll have left. Posting in several different areas here to get my answers on the different mods for different parts of the car. The car is stock as a rock and never been dogged on(owner is older guy) Figured I'd ask if there was much to do to the suspension to possibly lower the car a little,3.73s for the rearend(what kind of money we talking and where can I get them) Do these cars have four wheel disk or disk/drum. How about 5 lug conversion,where can I get the stuff to do it so I could run some Cobra wheels and little wider tire. Where can I get Cobra wheels at. Once I have the car I'll have about $1500 to spend,I'm going to clean it up a lot and then start checking everything out,like if it needs brakes I'll just do 5 lug conversion. Kind of thing where if it needs done,go ahead and upgrade,know what I mean. So mods for suspension,brakes,tires/wheels,performance mods and exhaust(because I know these cars sound like crap stock ) Help me out guys

Jimbo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
get 3.73's it will cost you about five hundred installed. you can get those at
then change out those drums.

STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
ahh yeah

3.73's rock.. I knew I left something out of my mod list on your other, identical post in the other forum lol
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Thumbs up

Gears and suspension will work great and you will like how the car handles afterwards. I highly recommend Maximum Motorsports for the suspension.

fastmustangs1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT