Got in my first races with the cobra... holy ****!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #36
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
who needs a speed-o-meter anyways. just drive the same speed as traffic. if you get on it its a blur till 90ish anyways, anything after that whats it matter how fast youre going, as long as youre winning.

see mike if you had the nitrous installed you couldve raped that SS alive. shoulda listened to me but no.
well i dont NEED the speedometer, but Id like it to read correctly for more than 1 reason...

1. I can tell how fast im going
2. i dont rack up unwanted "phantom" miles on the car
3. I can actually tell what sort of gas milage Im getting

And I do plan to install the nitrous, its just gonna be a ***** pulling it all out of the v6. The main reason I havnt is because Ill need to get a new shrader valve for the v6's fuel rail so when I pull the fuel solenoid off, it doesnt spew gas everywhere.

Also, stop hijacking the thread, start a new one about why you want a working speedometer and why you dont.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Is the 6 going anywhere esp to be sold or what cause if its going to a dealer do what I did for the vavle get some of that I believe its teflon tape cover it up and wrench back in should take care of the issue (well temp.) cause thats what I did when My 6 was off to be sold at a dealer :yup: but if its priv thats a whole differ story.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #38
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Its gonna be sold privately, I dont want to screw someone over.

I like toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

whoa whoa whoa. back the cobra up...

why do you need a new schrader valve? Did you not tap the fuel rail correctly? You should have kept the cap and you just put that back on with some teflon tape or something and it works great.

Taking nitrous off takes half the time that it did to install it (so about an hour)
Old 05-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #40
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

No I need a shrader valve on the v6 when i pull that little doo-hicky that the nitrous kit comes with out of the fuel rail. I dont know where I put the old shrader valve on, so if i take it off of the v6, then i cant start it cuz fuel will go everywhere under the hood.

I like toys
Old 05-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

put the 5.0's on the v6. Or just goto the performance shop and buy a cap for the -AN fitting you have in place of the schrader valve.

stop making excuses and spray the cobra --- wuss.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
bah speedometers are only for looks anyways. real racers can tell how fast theyre going without looking down.

me and my buddies used to have contests where at random times the driver would cover up the speedometer and the passenger had to guess what speed they were going. i usually was right within 2-3 mph.

the only thing i would worry about with a messed up speedo, is the ecu seeing its speedlimiter way earlier than it really is.

I go to the track every other week if not more often... I've auto crossed twice...

and I still use my speedo for a few things.. (mainly when to shut down in the 1/4 mile..)
Old 04-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #43

Region: Texas
Re: Got in my first races with the cobra... holy ****!!

well i know this is a late post but i just got registered
the thing i hate the most is when freakin ricers in hodas and stuff pull up and act all badass then i pull up in my neon and as soon as i pass them they slow down... after i slow down they get on it again and im like what the f++k are they doing...
or even eclipses... i was messing around one time then this car pulled up... i think it was a six and mine is only a 2.0... and i guess he wanted to race so i dropped to first, i have an auto, and he was doing his dangness to catch up but i kept messin with him... fun as hell
i just have cai, throttle body, udp, header and full exhaust and a chip, i still need to put on the intake manifold
its fun but then again there are people out there that think they are too good when you tell them you have a nice car
ill be crusing around and then they will try to mad dog me and stuff... i just pull up to them and rev them up but no body wants to play!
lol
i wanted to get a camaro but got the mustang since i had the cash for it right then and there
nice races though
fibarraciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Re: Got in my first races with the cobra... holy ****!!

And just to go back to the speedo issue...you can get the speedo gears for up to 4.30's but you have to change both. The one on the output shaft and the one on the cable. I have 3.73's and ended up just doing this and now im spot on, plus i can still get the speedo right if i go to 4.10's or 4.30s, i forget how far the other way goes though.
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT