ok you guys give good info so heres go - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

ok you guys give good info so heres go

i have a 95 gt i need my whole suspension done front and rear im only replacing parts that have to be for example im keeping front lower control arms but replacing ball joints and bushing but im wondering should i replace the whole anti roll portion of the suspension or keep the factory sway bar and just replace to links and bushing i know which ones cheaper but what would be the best way to go and one other thing struts which are best for my car gas operated mono and twin i have no idea please help
durtyred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ok you guys give good info so heres go

I'm not a suspension guru, however, there is one question you need to answer before anyone can comment accurately. What is the purpose of your car? Drag strip? Auto cross? Road coarse? Street comfort?

Then, our suspension guru's can give you an accurate recipe of what to do to your car.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well i dont plan on going to the track i guess the best answer for that would be strip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

well i do plan on going to the track so i would street rod i guess
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

It's up to you really...

Obviously different sway bars are going to help your body roll. A stiffer spring will also increase handling, and with the right spring will not disrupt your road comfort.

Personally, if it was me replacing my suspension and I generally drove it on the street with an occasional track outing, I'd make it look good, and count on sticky *** tires for my track endeavors rather than a suspension that will create the proper weight distribution for a solid launch. I'd lower it, match a solid spring with a shock/strut combo that's valved for the spring stiffness, and go from there.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

it all depends on what you want to do, if its just a daily driver... there is no need to sink 10k in the suspension. If you drag race the car... no need to do certain things than an autox car would do... so it all depends on what you want out of the car.

Ive only done springs mostly for my car as I dont drag race it or autox~ I plan to do bushings but thats for wheel hop.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
it all depends on what you want to do, if its just a daily driver... there is no need to sink 10k in the suspension. If you drag race the car... no need to do certain things than an autox car would do... so it all depends on what you want out of the car.

Ive only done springs mostly for my car as I dont drag race it or autox~ I plan to do bushings but thats for wheel hop.
I already asked him that, and he replied, kind of...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i need some info about 95 stang

what are the basic things you need to check or have done before you start any upgrades to your 95 stang i have jump the gun already with msd distrubtor and bbk cold air intake i know timing is important and to check compression what else
Old 02-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

I wouldnt say theres any basic things you need to check. Just make sure your car is in good running order and properly maintained. A distributor and cold air arent going to affect the way your car runs anymore than the stock components (for the most part). The things I would suggest is making sure you have clean fluids in the car (trans, brake, oil, coolant, rear diff, etc) as well as regular maintenance items looking to be in good order. Things like spark plugs, wires, belts, hoses, those sorts of things. The 302 is a pretty reliable motor, and unless its been absolutely ragged on, you shouldn't have much for compression problems. You can check it for peace of mind, but if compression was low in one or more cylinder, you'd probably know by the way it runs.

Just start modding... replace those old worn out parts with pretty, new, performance aftermarket parts.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT