Mustang Evolution Forum banner

and i said i'd never own a foxbody...

Tags
fox body
12K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  04TRV6 
#1 ·
going pick her up this afternoon! its an 88 5.0 GT with PLENTY of mods...
might be getting in a little over my head since i'm not a gearhead especially as a female, but thats why i love this site :D i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions... starting out with some questions on the present mods.. i'll go down the list and put questions next to the ones i need
here's a list, but doesn't cover everything...

302 engine bored and honed .030 over
mass air conversion (70mm sensor)
GT-40 upper/lower intake (port matched)
plenum spacer
windsor jr heads (port polished)
1.7 stud mounted rocker arms
3 angle valve job (2.02/1.6)-----?????
Blue printed motor-balanced-----?????
MSD-6AL ignition box and coil
K&N air filter
under drive pulleys
hi flow water pump
bigger alternator
17" Steeda wheels w/ BFG GForce tires
Saleen wing
LX taillights
3" cowl hood
dimpled rotors
Stage 1, 2, and 3 suspension kits (subframe connectors not installed)----????
aftermarket gauges and tach with shift light.

other various bolt ons as well.

going to look up more info on parts with question marks, but i'm interested in getting some feedback here as well. pickin up the car for $4500 so i think its a great deal..

oh and i almost forgot.... the car has only 30,000 ORIGINAL MILES!

deal, or no deal? wasn't a question for me :good:

here's a pic of her:

See less See more
#2 ·
That sounds like a heck of a deal for what you have listed with mods. the 30k original I would be a little leery of since those cars only had 5 digits for total miles...but even if it's 130k, the paint looks good in that pic from what you can tell and the motor sounds plenty good.

Have you driven it at all yet?

#9 ·
sorry i had responded but apparently forgot to submit.

the body does have some scratches in paint, mostly around engine bay area from working on the car i'm sure. the panel where the wipers are is also messed up from the hood flying open on him after not being latched properly. but that should be a very easy fix. pull-a-part. won't take much to have it painted to match.

haven't driven it yet. it was raining here yesterday and the guy was nervous about takin it on a slick road. esp with a female driver.. lol
will take her for a spin before we finalize paperwork though. i'm not expecting any problems. she sounds amazing.

only bad thing about it, i'll be a cop magnet now...

once i get home i'll take some more pics to post for you guys

#4 ·
so looks like we'll be rollin two cars deep for tupelo [i did wayyy to much detailing on the 6banger to leaver her home]. i just haven't decided who's gonna drive what yet. my fiance def. doesn't like the idea of driving the 6 while i smoke his ass.. ha

#13 ·
thanks! yea i def. couldn't pass it up!

Nice... Even if it needs a little something here or there that's a good deal. You should drive the GT in-case it broke down or something, plus it's a new toy!!
got that right.. the body is a bit rough in some areas, but nothing a good paint job can't fix. its all paint problems. however, the 30k miles is probably crap, because the car was originally red, they put a black paint job on it. and the paint job sucks... but for the price i got the car, i can afford to get it painted...

holy ****, sweet ride fo sho. im jealous.
thx =) wanna trade? lol

#14 ·
just make sure to check it out, check for salvage title, etc etc really well. 4500 is a fair price for an 88 in decent shape though. Listen for engine noises, and drain the oil/fill it to ensure they didnt put crap in the oil to hide some issues

#15 ·
she's mine =) clean title. clean oil. only noise the engine makes is.... LOUD! lol

i think i got a good deal. if i end up being screwed over about it, it'll just be lesson learned. but i'm confident that i made a good purchase.

thx for the tips & hints spectorv.. much appreciated!

#17 ·
Congrats on the new stang! I am also not a huge fan of the fox bodies, but this one is nice. And even if it ends up having problems, they are great cars to play with, you can find an engine and drop it in for fairly cheap. Plus you still have the v6 to drive around...if you can part yourself from that v8, lol.

#18 ·
well if i didn't meet you in tupelo, i announced my first mod to the fox there..

first mod on the fox will bee...

a clutch extension :eek::

i'm too short :lol:

took her down a back road after we got her && well... it wasn't that great lol.. i def. need to feel more comfortable behind the wheel of the car before taking in anywhere with true distance. fortunately for me, my wonderful fiance is working on that for me this week. he knows how anxious i am to drive it.

#20 ·
after seeing the car in person, you got a great deal. and are quite brave to take a car you just bought on an 800 mile cruise.

#21 ·
haha idk if i would call it courage or stupidity, but hey we made it right? ha

the fox came out better than my 6banger did. woke up this morning to a flat tire & rear end oil leak.. lucky we made it home

#22 ·
:wtfok guys.. prolly gonna be a stupid question here.. what is an e-cam?

when i questioned the P.O. about the cam in the car he said "an e-cam with real high lobs"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.