Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Idle Problem Help!!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  W225110 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 GT that I swaped in a 1995 Cobra engine. Since then it well not idle properly and sometimes dies at a stop. I have the same ECM as the GT and it also has no smog pump. When I change the ECM to one that is from a cobra it idles at 3000 RPM. Does anyone know what could be wrong?:confused:

#2 ·
You need to have this combo for it to run correctly, 19lb injectors & the 94 gt computer & 94gt mass air flow meter, or 24lb injectors, cobra computer & cobra mass air flow meter. The cobra computer is calibrated for 24lb injectors & matching mass air meter from that cobra. Make sure this is done before you start trouble shooting.

#4 ·
the cobra has 24 lb injectors. i think the maf's are indeed the same. different pcm's which means different calibrations though. this can be corrected easily though using your same pcm with a chip such as a moates unit or a sct chip.
assuming you have a 5 speed car, you probably have a t4mo computer whereas the cobra has a j4j1 pcm

#5 ·
getting 5.0L engines to idle right (out of stock range with cams) is a major PITA but can be done as well done when you get to that point prepare for another battle lol.

#7 ·
they make such things but I cant remember who all does it, I know its not SCT or Diablo etc not like the ones on newer cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.