Floor pan in my 86 lx - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Region: Iowa
Floor pan in my 86 lx

So my floor pan is completely rusted through on the driver side and im going to be ordering a new OEM floor pan. My question is, how do I remove the floor pan thats in there now? I was thinking a plasma cutter or just a grinding wheel, idk, fundage is low so im lookin for an easy way out. thanks guys.

chadderkdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina
Cool Re: Floor pan in my 86 lx

I recently horse traded for a 79 ford truck and fixed it up for my dad I didn't relize the floor pans were gone till the trade was over even so it had a good motor and transmission in it but needed a hood and fender "Damaged" I bought a air metal shear from a place that sells a lot of import tools for around 50 bucks and used them to cut out the flooring and used the sheet metal from the old hood to make new ones welding them in and hammering them down to conform to fit in the end it came out really well it just a lot of time to form them to fit. when you get the factor pans lay them in place and mark around them then cut out the old pans leaving yourself an inch or so overlap so you will have plenty of space to weld them in. I went under the truck and sprayed some expanding foam into all the cracks to keep out any water you may want to go the extra mile and fiberglass the top and bottom when you get it all put in the truck was just a work truck

eagle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:23 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
Re: Floor pan in my 86 lx

if you need a cheap,easy way out a jigsaw with a metal blade will cut it. The metal is very thin so even if you feel like not using power tools get a hacksaw and have fun for awhile

sawzall will work to just harder to move around in tighter spots.
'04 Roush F150 ( totalled while parked )
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT