Having trouble locating someone to burn a custom chip - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Having trouble locating someone to burn a custom chip

I have contacted a few companies about burning a custom chip for an 89 Mustang gt. A few of the ones with the chassis dyno needed me to take the car to them. The closest one was around 4 hours away. If anyone knows of a company that could help me out with this by me just telling them the modifications and them in turn burning a chip please let me know.
trickflow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Having trouble locating someone to burn a custom chip

radical racing in atco, NJ would probably do it for you.. but he'll tell you right off the bat that he can't be 100% sure/accurate without doing some dyno pulls
Old 11-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Stang Hi here might be able to do it as well. You could email/call him and tell him Rob sent you.

Welcome to Stang-Hi Performance if you want to look up his info
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I contacted cody at stang hi. He was going to call me back yesterday and didn't get back to me yet. I would like ot get ahold of radical racing to see what they will charge. being 100 percent accurate isnt an issue. 80 percent will bne way better than it is now. lol.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickflow5 View Post
I contacted cody at stang hi. He was going to call me back yesterday and didn't get back to me yet. I would like ot get ahold of radical racing to see what they will charge. being 100 percent accurate isnt an issue. 80 percent will bne way better than it is now. lol.
He has been deathly ill this week and just opened up for the first time in a week yesterday. I say ping him again when you get a chance...he might have forgotten about calling you back as he has been the walking dead lately.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Radical Racing
687 Jackson Rd
Atco, NJ 08004-1232
(856) 753-7117

Ask for Craig
Old 11-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I wrote an email to Jason at VMP this morning asking if they are still burning the chips with the multiple setttings. I left a message for radical racing yesterday and didn't receive a return phone call yet. Thats too bad about the dude at stang hi. hopefully he feels better soon. I will give him another call next week maybe he will feel better.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Jason at VMP contacted me back this morning and said he really doesn't like to burn a chip for a 5.0 without the dyno time. Not because he wanted to make the extra money at all but, because he wanted to do it right. Seeing that he is located in Florida that's a little too far. So I am still stuck. Hopefully stang hi performance will be able to pull through with something when I call them next week. Motorvation said they can do it but, he said it may take a few times of me sending the computer to them then them sending it back to me to get it right. I guess that is better than nothing though.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I just got off the phone with Cody...he is buried right now with a couple cars (he's a one man show), but he said give him a call on monday and he can hook you up once y'all talk about it.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickflow5 View Post
Jason at VMP contacted me back this morning and said he really doesn't like to burn a chip for a 5.0 without the dyno time. Not because he wanted to make the extra money at all but, because he wanted to do it right. Seeing that he is located in Florida that's a little too far. So I am still stuck. Hopefully stang hi performance will be able to pull through with something when I call them next week. Motorvation said they can do it but, he said it may take a few times of me sending the computer to them then them sending it back to me to get it right. I guess that is better than nothing though.

Shouldn't need the computer to burn you a chip, so long as you make sure the contacts are clean before you plug the chip in
Old 11-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Both of thos last 2 companies I mentioned seemed very knowledgable and both were definately places I would do business. However I finally made some progress today and found a place in Central PA called CJ's pony parts. They seem to have alot of knowledge on 5.0 computers and said he can put 2 more programs into the chip I have for around 40 bucks. The chip I have is currently setup for my old modifications. It took some searching but, I think I finally made some progress. Thanks guys for the advice.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #12

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to CreativeCustoms

hey i see you had some tuff time getting a chip for your 5.0. well did you get one and i have a 96 v6 that i am putting in a 302 in it. do you think that these companies can burn a chip that i can put into my v6 computer to run the v8? its kinda urgent since i am on leave and am trying to get it done. thanks for any help you all can give.

:wstupid:
1996 v6 3.8L --- soon to be a 302!
Help its Stock!
CreativeCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

try Delk Performance they were doing that awhile back not sure if they still do.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have a chip that has a 4 program memory bank in it now from superchips. it works really well. you can't set the timing over 10 degrees advance though. It will start to ping. This setup is probably only temporary. Next winter I am going to tear it all apart and use my good heads and roller rockers for something with alot more power. the 302 is OK but, it took a ride in my buddies 79 Z28 with 650 horspower from a carberated motor with no add ons and never experienced anything like that.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Is your car doing stupid stuff like bucking and having trouble idling. We are headed for a tune here as well sometime SOON.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

It was bucking till i bought the right mass air meter. Also I have a fuel pressure regulator that runs a constant 30-40 lbs. and when pushed will allow up to 65 lbs. of fuel pressure in. It beats having to adjust one all the time. Timing also had alot to do with it. I patched alot of vacuum leaks to make that all 100%. Now it feels right. It has alot of power for a 302. The computer tuning did alot. CJ's pony parts in PA helped me out with that.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Where did you find most of your vacuum leaks and what did you do to find them? I heard just using some starter/carb fluid around the intake and listen to when the engine revs will find some leaks. What did you use to patch them up?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Alot of the leaks were from old splices in the lines. I replaced them with new splices of larger vacuum line that fit over the old stuff and clamped them off. You could hear them though. I have been told to use a straw to listen for them. I don't know if that works or not. Mine were bad to the point that you could hear them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT