e6te head compression ratio questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
e6te head compression ratio questions

does anyone have any info on the e6te head?....i.e. compression ratio...i know that it was produced in 86 only...but im try'n to find out the compression ratio and any other info someone might have on these short production heads
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: e6te head compression ratio questions

Here's a starting point The Infamous E6TE

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
Titus Wadicus
Regular

i already read that one. thanks though....i've been through his whole site...it doesnt givecompression ratios
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

I believe itís 61cc

Eddie Rios
Tuning and Installation
Muscle Motors
Performance Inc.
Ofc (818)341-RACE ext.104

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
Titus Wadicus
Regular

ok,ok. wut i meant is the compression with a stock piston...not the size of the combustion chamber...thanks though cause i wanted to know that anyway....i had read something bout the those being "high swirl" heads, but u cant belive everything u read on the net....
Old 03-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

really depends SVTLX, you'll need to see how far in the hole the pistons are to find the real compression ratio.. because it varies from car to car.

though as an aproximate, i believe most stock setups have around a pretty disgusting +0.010-0.015 deck

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #7
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstangboy View Post
really depends SVTLX, you'll need to see how far in the hole the pistons are to find the real compression ratio.. because it varies from car to car.

though as an aproximate, i believe most stock setups have around a pretty disgusting +0.010-0.015 deck
AN E7TE head ON A STOCK block is 9:01...i was hope'n someone would tell me the e6te head was like 8.5:01 cause i'm run'n a supercharger. i talked to florida 5.0 yesterday and they said the two heads are very similar. the compression is the same but the size of the e.g.r. humps in the exhaust runners is bigger than the e7te and the heart shaped combustion chamber are the only real differnces. once i popped the valves out he was right. i was gonna unshroud the intake valves a bit, but i think it will mess up the swirl effect....so im just gonna smooth the bowls out, and port match the exhaust and intake ports like my e7te's.....i gota get these things done...i got some honda kids that want me to do their intakes and heads.....i will purposely under port their ****...can't have fast hondas run'n round here now can we!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

well I am also running a STOCK BLOCK, but am only +0.005 in the hole, therefor with a thin gasket and some 58cc heads along with a -3cc's of piston, I come up to around 10.6:1 compression ratio.

it I had been only 0.010 or 0.020 in the hole it would be a completely different end ratio.

basically what im saying SVTLX is that herbstang was giving you the correct answer to your question already, no one could tell you the compression ratio without knowing if your keeping the stock pistons, what thickness gasket your running, and how well the engine was built at the factory, as i've seen much variance with stock motors. ESPECIALLY with the so-called stock cam..

I hope im not coming off as a dick, just trying to help man, good luck with your port job!

93 mustang notch
Old 03-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
Titus Wadicus
Regular

AS FAR AS GASKETS IM RUN'N STANDARD FELPRO STUFF...AS FAR AS PISTONS, THEY R STOCK flat tops, with no valve reliefs...i was gonna unshroud the valves a lil bit, but i am gonna leave them alone since i will be running under boost....maybe i should look for a thicker head gasket, i'm trying to lower the compression so i can run more advance on my timing...unshrouding the valves would help lower the compression a bit, but i don't wanna **** up the swirl effect. florida mustang said the e6te will flow as good as the e7te with a lil bit of port work. the intake runners between the two are identical, but they said the exhaust is where the bottlenck is cause of the egr humps...im port matching the exhaust so bye-bye humps....thanks for everyones help.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

why don't you pick up some GT-40P's off of an explorer, they'd be absolutely perfect for what your doing!

a much better head, and after some good port work, flow nearly what a good aluminum would out of the box, not to meantion I think they are a about a 68CC head

just a suggestion if you haven't already thrown some money around.

93 mustang notch
Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #11
Titus Wadicus
Regular

well the gt40's have a higher compression ratio...im going for less compression. also unported gt40 flows less than ported e7te....not to mention i really dont have the money to throw around right now. i've dusted some gt40p equiped cars with my ported e7te's....i've got a book with flow bench #'s. ported e7te's are worth 40hp on stock intake, bottom, & 1.6 rockers. now i know everyone here thinks i'm nuts, but im on a quest to see how much horse i can squeeze outa stock heads and bottom.....i will post quarter trap speed before i put my blower (<where all my money went) on....some of the guys i dusted last summer that knew i was running stock heads and bottom end, now want me to port their heads and intakes...i must be doing something right. i dont claim to b an expert, but i love saying at the end of a race, "you just got worked by junk yard motor!"......i keep tell'n these guys to buy more books than parts. peolpe round here have a tendacy to mismatch parts, think'n bigger is better, and dont know how to tune their car. guys ask me how i can run 24lbs inj. on e7te heads...port matched intake and exhaust, and 1.7 rockers, e-cam, 3:73's, typhoon intake, 70 ml. throttle body, 70ml. svt truck lightening mass air...and those e7te's wake the **** up!!!....itsa definatley a budget setup, but for the power it makes, versus the money i have in it....i'm very satisfied....i estimate 310hp @ the crank....once the 9psi blower is on..i'm think'n 415 @ the crank...i'll be happy with that, considering the minmal amount i have in the motor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT