Mustang Evolution Forum banner

im surrounded by idiots!!!!

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  svtlx 
#1 ·
has anyone ever swapped their cam for the f-303 in their 5.0 if yes please help...push rods,rocker rollers,valve spring retainers,heads intake wich is the best set up to buy:) ,im running 9 psi of boost:eek: stock bottom end low mileage in my 91 gt that has 20.000 km on it, i just intent on valve train swap and intake for now parts guys around here cant figure their ass from their elbows:good: with combo kits to:mad: sell me so if anyone has a better idea then me let me know:mad:

#5 ·
9psi? is that a powerdyne unit? like the guys said, u r better off get'n a kit, if u r unsure on the set-up u want. i thought u had to do some extra notch'n on the pistons to get them puppis to work...maybe i'm think'n of a z-cam...i know when i went to 1.7rr i had to get longer push rods, and my piston to valve clearance was damn close, and dat was with an e-cam, of course i am run'n tru flat tops with no valve reliefs. ran great for a year and some change till the rod bearings went south...pistons and valves became very intimate. if u try your own set-up...double check your clearances. ford racing said my set-up wouldn't work and it did...so much for the factory pros

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.