street/drag racing....everyone participate! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:39 AM   #36
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: street/drag racing....everyone participate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstangboy View Post
im sorry, but a cobra (of anykind) did not WAX a 1300 busa... let me throw my waders on for this thread.
i have to agree, i think the guy on the busa was jack'n with'm. the only car i have seen out accellerate a bike "of that engine size" was a honda f-1 car, drag racing a "i think" it was a 1100cc "1100rr" honda sport bike......maybe it was a hiyabusa clone, and underneath it really was a "ninja 250"...i could see the cobra walk'n all over him then.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

So you want me to get my stang purist attitude out of the thread??? Might as well tell 99 percent of the site not to post in here.

And did you not ever think that if the mods/site members thought it would be a good idea to start a kill stories section by now. I mean how old is this site by now and how many members are on it??

And as for saying this site is dead... Holy **** man, do you even click the unread post button? I've been on for almost 45 min and I still have 149 posts to go.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #38
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
So you want me to get my stang purist attitude out of the thread??? Might as well tell 99 percent of the site not to post in here.

And did you not ever think that if the mods/site members thought it would be a good idea to start a kill stories section by now. I mean how old is this site by now and how many members are on it??

And as for saying this site is dead... Holy **** man, do you even click the unread post button? I've been on for almost 45 min and I still have 149 posts to go.
hello..."5.0 and 5.8"....that leaves you with the rest of the site for your crappy attitude...all i'm say'n is that there's no reason in the world for as big as this site is that u have to talk trash to people on one thread. if u don't like the content or subject then move to the next thread...most of the stories people are tell'n are a few years old anyway. besides that, who made u "m.e." police for responsible conversation topics. btw, the thread title is stree/drag racing....meaning that people are more than welcome to talk about legal eigth or quarter mile racing...not just street. no one here, with a "not stock" mustang cant say that they never opened their car up at least once. i don't have any speeding tickets and it's not because of my f.o.p. plates....it's called being responsible like 99 percent of the people on this site. ima leave this **** alone...u r entitled to your opinion....and perhaps i shoulda just ignored u like everyone else, which is wut i will do in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Did I miss something? 1. How is 5.0 and 5.8 mustang? 2. Last I checked we got along fine... 3 Crappy attitude? 70 percent of my posts are sarcasm, hence resident *******. and 4. I cracked on guys post because it sounded ricey as all get out, and others apparently thought the same.

Yes I race and have done "illegally" several times and still do. In the respect of this threads starter I'll add to instead of take away.

A stock LT1 came in town a few weeks ago with a friend of mine and wanted to run. He had exhaust, 150 shot, and MT DR's. We race and I beat him by 3 ish. We get back to sonic and I say nice race and all he said was, "Could have been faster." Apparently they weren't smart enough to look and see that the bottle only had 100 psi. He borrows a bottle from a friend of mine, we go out run again, and beat him even worse. We get back and he says that it wheel hopped, got scared and let out. Now, the kid talked a little trash before we ran and didn't even bother to try running the car on the spray before we ran to atleast see what it'll do. Not a good idea. Either way two losses for him. He went to the strip the next day and ran 8.30's and so far I've gotten an 8.33 out of the car. Would have been a good race had he hooked.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:22 AM   #40

Region: Massachusetts

Thanks luna pony. i have to agree with svtlx too saying about the cobra and the busa too. how weak would that be if it really was a 250 with a busa body. funny.
Mach chin spoiler (still sitting in garage)
silverstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

A 700+ rwhp Cobra could very possibly take a Busa from a roll. There are plenty of videos of F-Bodies and Supra doing it.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #42
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Did I miss something? 1. How is 5.0 and 5.8 mustang? 2. Last I checked we got along fine... 3 Crappy attitude? 70 percent of my posts are sarcasm, hence resident *******. and 4. I cracked on guys post because it sounded ricey as all get out, and others apparently thought the same.

Yes I race and have done "illegally" several times and still do. In the respect of this threads starter I'll add to instead of take away.

A stock LT1 came in town a few weeks ago with a friend of mine and wanted to run. He had exhaust, 150 shot, and MT DR's. We race and I beat him by 3 ish. We get back to sonic and I say nice race and all he said was, "Could have been faster." Apparently they weren't smart enough to look and see that the bottle only had 100 psi. He borrows a bottle from a friend of mine, we go out run again, and beat him even worse. We get back and he says that it wheel hopped, got scared and let out. Now, the kid talked a little trash before we ran and didn't even bother to try running the car on the spray before we ran to atleast see what it'll do. Not a good idea. Either way two losses for him. He went to the strip the next day and ran 8.30's and so far I've gotten an 8.33 out of the car. Would have been a good race had he hooked.
i'm sorry, u r totaly right. we have always gotten along...i get a lil high strung from time to time.....it's those tight *** stock shoe laces again....lol....i'm really try'n to work on that. thanks for your story.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #43
Titus Wadicus
Regular

i apologize to everyone for fuk'n up this thread, even though sum of u all fell off of your chair from shear laughter.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
i apologize to everyone for fuk'n up this thread, even though sum of u all fell off of your chair from shear laughter.
Yeah ya'll 2 totally ruined this thread what were you thinking? damn pushrod guys
Old 05-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I have so many stories from the track.. I'm gonna have to hold my tongue and just tell you one from a visit to mexico last week

A buddy of mine and I carpooled down to mexico to race..

He's got a nice grand prix with an L67 swap, cam, intake/exhaust/3.2" pulley, etc... runs 13.0s@110 all day long

We ran 3 times, twice from a roll..

First one, 30 MPH roll.. I shifted down to second and he got a kick down to first, his blower was LOUDER than the stang.. but I started edging a head (his bumper about my door) by 75ish
Second one from a 65 MPH roll, and we were absolutely dead even til I got partway through 4th and he inched ahead (my bumper by about his front tire)

Third run was from a stop.. those streets in mexico are nice and wide
The red light went out so we assumed it was a green (never can tell how well they maintain their roads there) I waited to make sure he was gunning it then launched around 2200 RPMs... I spun a bit, skidded sideways then hooked and rocketed past him.. I had 5-6 cars on him by 60

Basically I only won because of traction... our cars trap close to each other..

Then we drove back home.

I do not advocate or promote street racing.. you'll find me at a track first 99 times out of 100
Old 05-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

oh I fell out of my chair.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #47
Titus Wadicus
Regular

[QUOTE=1996stang;404675]Yeah ya'll 2 totally ruined this thread what were you thinking? damn pushrod guys [/QU

o no u didn't, pushrods rock!!! and don't u ever forget it! ask those mod motor deviants wut us pushrod guys got for'em.....all three of their valves start shake'n when us push rod guys roll up.....word to yo grandmas.....we aint play'n!!!.......i'll shut up, it sounds dumber and dumber the more i type..lmfao!!!

btw, nmra= national mexican racing association...dat otta throw off my fellow law enforcement professionals. dat's how we roll @ m.e. baby!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

do you have to live in Mexico to join??????
Old 05-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
do you have to live in Mexico to join??????
Yep but there are so many here now who knows if we are in mexico or not?
Old 05-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Just say we are picking crops for summer work right
Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #51
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
Just say we are picking crops for summer work right
< wearing sumbrero with runn'n horse emblem, and hold'n cardboard sign that says, "will work for speed parts!"......yo quero blower por favor!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

With a cute little mexcian rodent as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT