push button ignition - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
push button ignition

i am considering the panel type push button ignition and am wondering if the switch can handle all the accesories?http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL80142/,thanks for any advice,and awesome forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: push button ignition

what do you mean by accessories? Its just a bypass so instead of holding the key to start you push a button that does the same thing. Is that what you are talking about?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

with this panel that i am looking at,it has a toggle switch for the on/off part of the ignition,and also has the push button seperate,what i meant was will the acc. overload the toggle switch?I know the push button side will be fine,just wasn't sure about the toggle switch.

-Please correct me if i am thinking of the wiring all wrong,wouldn't the power for all the acc. run through the toggle?or would the toggle basically just be for power to the push button?
-also I am thinking of getting rid of the key switch all together,i know this has major risks of theft,but i have door locks and if a thief wants it they will get it with or without keys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

also fixed the link i have up there,didn't realize it was a bad one till now
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

I think it would be to much for one toggle to hold all of it. you need at least 3 toggles if fuel injected and 2 for carb and thats MINIMUM!
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

ok,i will most likely just replace the stock ignition setup for now then,maybe just tie in a push button start for the fun of it,thanks for the reply
Old 11-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #7

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to SoulForge Send a message via Skype™ to SoulForge

It looks like the Push button your looking at is for a race car, hence no security to it, if your looking for a keyless you may wanna take a look at the one from Ididit, it has a key fob that only allows the car to start when it's within 10 feet just like new cars. Autoloc has one as well that may work for you. This is the kinda parts most of us Hot Rodders use to bring our classics up to speed, actually considering this one for my Big Block 69 F-100 Hot Rod

take a look don't know the cost though didn't get a chance to find the price

ididit inc - Key to Keyless Ignition Push Button System

Gary Boix
Total Speed Freak
http://MajesticSpeed.com
SoulForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
It looks like the Push button your looking at is for a race car, hence no security to it, if your looking for a keyless you may wanna take a look at the one from Ididit, it has a key fob that only allows the car to start when it's within 10 feet just like new cars. Autoloc has one as well that may work for you. This is the kinda parts most of us Hot Rodders use to bring our classics up to speed, actually considering this one for my Big Block 69 F-100 Hot Rod

take a look don't know the cost though didn't get a chance to find the price

ididit inc - Key to Keyless Ignition Push Button System
ho;y crap,base price is 399 bucks!thanks though i will be looking more into that style now
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #9

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to SoulForge Send a message via Skype™ to SoulForge

No Problem, I figured it wouldn't be too cheap Ididit and Autoloc cost a bit but there stuff is usually pretty awesome. Let me know if you need anymore help, I'm happy to help out anytime. I'm doing mine this spring maybe

Gary Boix
Total Speed Freak
http://MajesticSpeed.com
SoulForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

the one on autoloc is only 49.99 for the flip out key type w/remote built in,if you already have the keyless entry,if not its still only around a couple hundred.I think i am goin to spend that money on a fuel pump for now,been lookin to upgrade anyhow,thanks again
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

i found a push start ignition button,they sale them for 99 bucks on keepitcleanwiring.com,exact same one on ebay for 10 bucks shipped!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:20 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

I was thinking, If you know how to wire in relays you can wire your ignition up to engage with one switch wired to the relays then push the button to start.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

unfortunately,i can only do basic wiring on my own,but i am learning as i go,would anybody happen to know which wire to tap into for the push button ignition?i haven't been able to find a good diagram,good as in free,lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT