im back to ask experts on my 95 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

im back to ask experts on my 95 gt

my 95mustang is really doing some funky things when im under a load(going up a hill) it shakes for a minute and i hear this rattling sound and the rattling contiues even if im not under a load almost seems like backed up pressure i think its the cat. conveters but i want a second opinoin be4 i go get a full exhaust i wanted one anyway but i still want to know what could this be i have small mods done to my car cold air intake, msd distrubtor and coil ngk plugs and ngk 02 sens. and msd plugs wires some one any one plz help me you guys have been right on all my issues thus far and i kno you all got the answers
durtyred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: im back to ask experts on my 95 gt

If your automatic it sounds like the tranny but it could be cats being stopped up not let it breath and could cause you to blow a gasket or rings. I would go ahead and have the cats removed or gutted and see if it helps before you replace the whole exhaust.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thanks will do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

ok here we go i got a code 656 i look it up and the description says torque converter clutch continuous slip error now i have an automatic so does that mean my torque converter is bad cause i dont have a clutch
Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Road Trip!

It means the lock-up torque converter is not engaging like it should. Its a common problem. Your best bet is to disengage/unhook the trq-converter clutch by cutting the purple and yellow wire or it maybe a brown with orange wire at the trans plug.

It also could be a green wire but it should be one of the two I said above, it wont hurt the tranny if you disconnect it I done this on many fords and the people are driving them all the time too and from work.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I will do that today and thanks again by the way is that a temporary fix or will it have to replace torque cov... at some point or the clutch what part do I need to buy to totally fix this problem
Old 11-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Road Trip!

It could be the torq or the selinoid in the tranny not makeing it work correct. But it should fix it for a long time, you shouldn't have to replace the torq unless you want to. If you do want to fix it i'd replace the torq first because thats the easiest of the two.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

ok i just got home from a tranny tech and they saying some shyt like rebuild the whole tranny cause it dont make sense to replace torque converter and not do rebuild to the rest of the tranny cause the code i keep pulling(656 torque converter clutch continuous slipping error) does really mean that its the torque converter could be in the tranny and that if i just get the torque conv.. it mybe a waste of money how would i kno i dont know anything about a tranny so they can tell i have to rebuild the tranny when i may not have to i do i protect myself from getting ripp off
Old 11-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
Road Trip!

They will tell you that just for your money. If you cut the wire that engages the locking torq it will solve the problem. You can replace just the torq. If your tranny isn't slipping and it shifts good then I would only replace the torq. If for some reason it doesnt fix it then it could only be one other thing and thats the sensor in the tranny, witch could be a pain in the butt to change because you have to pull the valve body out.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
They will tell you that just for your money. If you cut the wire that engages the locking torq it will solve the problem. You can replace just the torq. If your tranny isn't slipping and it shifts good then I would only replace the torq. If for some reason it doesnt fix it then it could only be one other thing and thats the sensor in the tranny, witch could be a pain in the butt to change because you have to pull the valve body out.
I had a torque converter and only a torque converter replaced in my Chrysler. The car ran at least another 10K miles with no other tranny problems. I got rid of it due to another issue. In other words straubittleman is most likely correct you shouldn't have to replace anything else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT