Air Bag light = blown fuses and no turn signals???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #1

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to 95GT5.0
OK so im new here and i thought somebody might have experienced the same odd problem i am having. So there are some light scratches on the left side of my rear bumper which tells me someone backed into it. When i got into the car the airbag light was on. So i figure there is a sensor in the rear that needs to be fixed. Wrong! Then the airbag fuze that connects to the turn signals and reverse lights keeps blowing out. I replaced them 10 times and the second i shift to reverse it pops again. So i have exhausted all ideas that I or my chiltons manual have been able to come up with. If anyone has an advice i would appreciate it.
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Re: Air Bag light = blown fuses and no turn signals????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GT5.0 View Post
OK so im new here and i thought somebody might have experienced the same odd problem i am having. So there are some light scratches on the left side of my rear bumper which tells me someone backed into it. When i got into the car the airbag light was on. So i figure there is a sensor in the rear that needs to be fixed. Wrong! Then the airbag fuze that connects to the turn signals and reverse lights keeps blowing out. I replaced them 10 times and the second i shift to reverse it pops again. So i have exhausted all ideas that I or my chiltons manual have been able to come up with. If anyone has an advice i would appreciate it.
Well first of all,At the are where the hit and run happened
is the damage only to the bumper or any part of the quarter panel? Because if fuse is popping at the release of
reverse gear the shifter enables current to the reverse lamps.Look behind inner panel for wire harness being pinched somewhere there,what you have is a dead short.
If not check anywhere along that line,Remember the logic,
fuse shorts out when gear selector is engaged in reverse
so whatever receives power when reverse switch is on to ground that where the short will be.Check all ur bulbs too!
Go get the electrical schematics for rev-lmp.switch & multi-function switch & clock spring.
Blustreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT