Need help choosing heads and fixing dash light problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Need help choosing heads and fixing dash light problem

I've no longer got the 97 v6, lol. Got a 89 coupe 5.0 and it has a few things done to it, it has e7 heads. I was wondering what heads i could get for it that will increase power but that are not too costly. Also it was a 4 cylinder car converted over to a 5.0 carbourated, and the low fuel light and the other light on the dash on the right side of the steering column, none of the lights work? Any suggestions? Maybe because its not fuel injected anymore?
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
ibleedblue65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 182
Gt40 heads. You can get them off an explorer in a junkyard. Our windsor juniors, they are pretty cheap.
ibleedblue65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Need help choosing heads and fixing dash light problem

check the wire cluster on the driver side firewall in the enging bay. chances are they cut a power wire to the dash when they removed the 4cyl. most of the electrical in the cluster cluster goes through that harness.

anyway it's funny, i just bought a 96 v-6 to convert to a 5.0 i was considering stripping my coupe to make it and selling the notch body, im still up in the air though.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
GUDNEVL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 84
Re: Need help choosing heads and fixing dash light problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang View Post
I've no longer got the 97 v6, lol. Got a 89 coupe 5.0 and it has a few things done to it, it has e7 heads. I was wondering what heads i could get for it that will increase power but that are not too costly. Also it was a 4 cylinder car converted over to a 5.0 carbourated, and the low fuel light and the other light on the dash on the right side of the steering column, none of the lights work? Any suggestions? Maybe because its not fuel injected anymore?
like the other poster said,the gt40 heads are prob. the cheapest,and i am not sure where you are in south carolina,but there is a guy in rock hill,sc with a set for sale on c-list:
Mustang Parts: GT40 Heads, Intakes, etc.
__________________
1989 mustang gt,short headers,3.08 gears,off road h pipe,flows,cold air intake,smog pump delete,fresh tune up,push button start,gt fog light fix ,everything else pretty much stock
most recent mod:blown head gasket
GUDNEVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Need help choosing heads and fixing dash light problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUDNEVL View Post
like the other poster said,the gt40 heads are prob. the cheapest,and i am not sure where you are in south carolina,but there is a guy in rock hill,sc with a set for sale on c-list:
Mustang Parts: GT40 Heads, Intakes, etc.
yup, just dont go over .500 lift with gt40 heads. the cumbustion chamber is smaller than e7's
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue65
Gt40 heads. You can get them off an explorer in a junkyard. Our windsor juniors, they are pretty cheap.
Alright thanks, we just sold a set a while back before I got this car. Lol.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

yup, just dont go over .500 lift with gt40 heads. the cumbustion chamber is smaller than e7's
Alright thanks, I'll probably keep the e7 heads then.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUDNEVL

like the other poster said,the gt40 heads are prob. the cheapest,and i am not sure where you are in south carolina,but there is a guy in rock hill,sc with a set for sale on c-list:
Mustang Parts: GT40 Heads, Intakes, etc.
Yea that's where I'm at. Lol. Rock Hill, I check craigslist sometimes.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
check the wire cluster on the driver side firewall in the enging bay. chances are they cut a power wire to the dash when they removed the 4cyl. most of the electrical in the cluster cluster goes through that harness.

anyway it's funny, i just bought a 96 v-6 to convert to a 5.0 i was considering stripping my coupe to make it and selling the notch body, im still up in the air though.
Alright, thanks. I've looked over it, didn't really see anything cut, they may have put it inside the plastic wire cluster holder.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUDNEVL

like the other poster said,the gt40 heads are prob. the cheapest,and i am not sure where you are in south carolina,but there is a guy in rock hill,sc with a set for sale on c-list:
Mustang Parts: GT40 Heads, Intakes, etc.
Check out Edelbrock's E- Street heads brand new there about $649-$700 just google them, or check out jegs.com
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Need help choosing heads and fixing dash light problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang View Post
Alright thanks, I'll probably keep the e7 heads then.
i wasnt tryn to discourage you from gt40p heads, you can still run something like an e-cam (.498 lift) or an equivalant. with those heads, 70ml throttle body, 24lbs inj. and a good intake (explorer intake or better) will have you sumwut close to 300 at the crank. itsa good economical set-up cause you can find most of the stuff at the junk yard
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94

Check out Edelbrock's E- Street heads brand new there about $649-$700 just google them, or check out jegs.com
Alright I'll look at them. Thanks.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dash warning light(battery with X in the middle) eddie1 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 11-25-2008 10:40 PM
Fog Light problem. runvsofthisbull Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 01-23-2008 07:07 AM
2003 Mustang GT Problem with interior light 2003TangGT 1996-2004 Mustang GT 1 10-01-2007 04:48 PM
Dash Light bulbs FireFox28 Mustang Audio & Video 2 07-12-2005 06:18 PM
problem with head light look like it crakling tonyd Mustang Audio & Video 8 01-17-2004 12:00 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.