E85 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302fritz View Post
What can u guys tell me about this e85???
Without getting into the debate above, here's what I know about it.

You can make more hp with e85. The reason is because you can run much higher timing just like if you were running race fuel. Or, if you are force fed, you can run more boost.

It takes about 30% more e85 to make the same power you would with regular gas. You need to make sure your fuel pumps have the ability to move the fuel, the lines big enough to handle the volume, and the injectors big enough to spray the extra needed. 03/04 guys running e85 and 23-25 pounds of boost are running triple fuel pumps, larger fuel lines, and 80-110 pound injectors.

Ok, that's all I know about e85. Oh yeah, and your mileage will suffer due to needing more to make the same power and you can't find it everywhere so road trips need to be highly planned out and hope there's an e85 pump when you need one.
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

wut kinda report? ust closure reports, geo-tech reports, ground water potentiometric maps, geo-probe placement maps, phase 1, 2, or 3 site assesments...general corrective action plans...commercial waste water treatment for heavy metals, soil remediation for hydro-carbons..bio (microbes) and conventional. ive even done nuclear density testing on soils for proctors

ive done petro-chem work for b.p., speedway/superamerica, frito-lay, u.p.s., coca-cola, just to name a few. and i used to be the primary haz-mat/ emergency response contractor for 3 counties in northern ky.

seriously, if your an industry professional..then throw something at me. the only materials i dont deal with is asbestos (because of cost insurance) and radioactive (cause it's radioactive).

you guys can say "wut" u want bout my short hand... but who cares when u got spell check anyway?
I have been reading your posts...you give real ****ty advice....maybe keep that crap to yourself. Anybody with half a brain sees right thru your bull****
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Guys, if you can't debate without cursing people out then don't reply to the person.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
K that is some pretty funny stuff....nobody listen to this guy...worked in the petro-chem field for years...sure bud....I wonder if you ever filled out a report and if so what did they think of your assassination of the English language....and I don't understand why you would spell wut when what is only an extra letter...hard to take anything you write seriously when you can't spell...or are to lazy
ya' gotta love the grammar police
Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota

Oh he is from KY, THAT explains it (No offense to others from KY!)!!!!!!!!
94 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #41
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Without getting into the debate above, here's what I know about it.

You can make more hp with e85. The reason is because you can run much higher timing just like if you were running race fuel. Or, if you are force fed, you can run more boost.

It takes about 30% more e85 to make the same power you would with regular gas. You need to make sure your fuel pumps have the ability to move the fuel, the lines big enough to handle the volume, and the injectors big enough to spray the extra needed. 03/04 guys running e85 and 23-25 pounds of boost are running triple fuel pumps, larger fuel lines, and 80-110 pound injectors.

Ok, that's all I know about e85. Oh yeah, and your mileage will suffer due to needing more to make the same power and you can't find it everywhere so road trips need to be highly planned out and hope there's an e85 pump when you need one.
wut your sayn is true. but i think the discussion was more bout stock vehicles. you need bigger injectors, pump, and all that suff anyway if your making decent power with boost. i run e85 sometimes and just turn up the fuel pressure (in my supercharged stang with 30lbs. inj.)

anyway, i think the debate is flexfuel vehicles. cars designed to run gasoline and e85. if a car has big honk'n injectors and fuel pump for e85, then how is it goin to trim the fuel back for running gasoline?

the car has to widen or shorten the injector pulse/duty cycle to control the amount of fuel goin into the cylinder.

if a car is designed to run both,their has to be a happy medium in the set-up.
my argument is that car uses the injector pulse width to control the fuel. as opposed to super large injectors, lines and fuel pump, which would make you run rich when using 100% gasoline.

also, e90 or 10% ethanal has been sold for years and most ppl didnt even know they were using it (most ppl dont read the small print on the pumps). and cars dont need bigger injectors or lines to run it. 10% ethanol has been sold since before 93 or 94 when "phase 1 vapor recovery systems" were first installed on fuel dispensers across the country.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT