Whats cheaper - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Oregon
Whats cheaper

I was just crunching a few numbers and was wondering what was least expensive. Driving your modified mustang hot rod down the puplic roads like a mad man just driving your car how your should be drivin. And take a few tickets for racing and speeding and maybe get your liscense suspended. OR dump a hole lot of money into even a sportsman class race car and travel round the state to race tracks. Know thats spendy too. One time on a road course would for sure kill my road rage. I've gotten three speeding tickets since I installed my headers/exhaust, 4.10 gears. It's the red mustang or the chrome twenties maybe. Lol

Schlahty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Whoa and I thought I was bad. Well it is your own choice calculate fuel and expensive and everything. It could get expensive too. Well I would look cool and only do it when you are on a track of choice.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
Re: Whats cheaper

street racing is not drag racing. street racing kills.

what's cheaper? lawsuits certainly are not. potential loss of your license is not. a friend was cited for a "speed contest". hired a lawyer, is facing misdemeanor charge & loss of license.

i "commute" to etown & island dragway (NJ) from queens, NY.(during the week i am "green",i take the bus to work). no trailer, just a 5spd stang, no A/C, no P/S. traffic & tolls are a hassle, but worth it. i have AAA plus, which covers free tows up to 100 miles. had to use this service twice (in 2008 & 2009).

so go to a local track for test & tune, grudge nite, brackets or autoX & have fun & peace of mind.
redhotlx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Region: Canada
Well not to preach but what's a life worth. I am not innocent and I see the effects of street racing firsthand as a volunteer fireman however there is a time and a place when it's less dangerous. Organized racing is far more satisfying because it's a real competition. Street racing is good at shutting kids up. I still find a highway to let loose on tho. Keeps the risks down
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Oregon
I mostly drive fast on whindy backwoods roads. In a city with lots of pedestrians, no. I don't ever race off street lights, although I could with my new 4.10 gears. I'm confident with my driving to stay in control. I never actually raced anyone in this car, im not 16 any more, had a pretty fast civic back then. This is oregon. So many stretched out windy roads that are far and in-between with touristS goin 25 round 35 mph corners. I hate slow drivers. As far as being green. I think you probably save alot of money taking the BUS. Not for me. That's why I own so many vehicles. I love driving and I burn lots of fuel. My stang gets 13.9 mph. Horrible. That's with my foot out of it.
Schlahty is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT