New 94 gt! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94mustanggt5.0
Okay I put the new fuel filter on and still no change ..
Just a thought but maybe your cats are clogged. Mine are completely clogged and I only get 73hp at the wheels
HaulinTwinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
What do you think about the tps? My check engine light goes on and off while I'm driving
94mustanggt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Today I found out the front two cats are hollowed and I had the back to cats cut off . Nothing different
94mustanggt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Today I found out the front two cats are hollowed and I had the back to cats cut off . Nothing different
Dirty mass air sensor, clogged fuel injectors or fuel pump, get a complete tune up, plugs/wires, cap and rotor!
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Okay how did you clean it tho? Any certain way?
Very carefully. It's a very fragile element in there. I would spray a little choke cleaner followed by brake parts cleaner followed by compressed air. Not too much pressure on the element. And don't touch the element, just a thin wire.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: New 94 gt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Very carefully. It's a very fragile element in there. I would spray a little choke cleaner followed by brake parts cleaner followed by compressed air. Not too much pressure on the element. And don't touch the element, just a thin wire.
Use electrical cleaner. It's in a spray can just like Carb/Brake Parts cleaner.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94mustanggt5.0 View Post
Okay I put the new fuel filter on and still no change ..
I myself own a '94 GT.It has a 3.27 geared rearend w/trac-lock limited slip diff.
turned by an AODE auto trans.If yah want to release more ponies do what I did. I deleted my emission system,(EGR block plate,EGR delete connector) Removed smog pump and replaced it with eliminator pulley & Electronic waterpump. I freed up the exhaust with LT headers and cat-back American Thunder Flowmasters dual system to an X-pipe.That aint enough? Go with trickflow ,Edelbrock or Holley intake manifolds designed for the small block 5.0
windsor that way you can up ur TB size from 65mm to a 70mm anything bigger would reqiure a bigger cam,tricking out ur cyl.heads.Then along w/the bigger TB you run the same size (70mm) or bigger MAF sensor like maybe an 75mm to an 80mm form brother's performance.com then get it dyno tuned into ur ECU.O yah one more thing, Gears I pulled out the 3.27 and according to this forum,Changed to 3.73 for now.
Blustreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blustreek

I myself own a '94 GT.It has a 3.27 geared rearend w/trac-lock limited slip diff.
turned by an AODE auto trans.If yah want to release more ponies do what I did. I deleted my emission system,(EGR block plate,EGR delete connector) Removed smog pump and replaced it with eliminator pulley & Electronic waterpump. I freed up the exhaust with LT headers and cat-back American Thunder Flowmasters dual system to an X-pipe.That aint enough? Go with trickflow ,Edelbrock or Holley intake manifolds designed for the small block 5.0
windsor that way you can up ur TB size from 65mm to a 70mm anything bigger would reqiure a bigger cam,tricking out ur cyl.heads.Then along w/the bigger TB you run the same size (70mm) or bigger MAF sensor like maybe an 75mm to an 80mm form brother's performance.com then get it dyno tuned into ur ECU.O yah one more thing, Gears I pulled out the 3.27 and according to this forum,Changed to 3.73 for now.
How much HP are you putting out?...... I'm rebuilding my 94 cobra , I have everything now, just putting all together! Mods are : Ford Racing 308 shortblock, Edelbrock Performer Heads, Performer Cam, Performer 5.0 intake, 1.6rr, JLT cai, Granatelli 75mm Mass Air Sensor, 24lb injectors, 75mm throttle body, march underdrive pulleys, Bassani headers, Bassani x pipe, American thunder flowmaster cat backs, SCT 4-bank chip, 4.10 rear, steeda upper/lower control arms, steeda A-arms with new ball joints, KYB shocks/struts BBK subframe connectors, new K member......... But not to change the subject my mustang was doing the same things when I first bought it and just got tired of it so I started buying mods little by little and now I'm doing my rebuild !
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
If your gonna remove pollution controls you will need to re-tune the car

Built 2 Last
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

Sounds good bro! LMK how it goes when the rebuild is done and you get done dynoing it too! Man,brother you got some deep pockets to get the lineup of parts listed.I have to inch my way to victory.Hawaii is expensive. Good Luck! Oh and I haven't dynoed my car yet so I can't give you any data.But it's the blue one on my profile photo.
Blustreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blustreek
Sounds good bro! LMK how it goes when the rebuild is done and you get done dynoing it too! Man,brother you got some deep pockets to get the lineup of parts listed.I have to inch my way to victory.Hawaii is expensive. Good Luck! Oh and I haven't dynoed my car yet so I can't give you any data.But it's the blue one on my profile photo.
I will, I need to get pics up. It took me 2 1/2 years to get everything, the one plus I have is installation and labor won't cost me anything, my brother inlaw works at a shop shop so he's gonna show me how to do it and all which should be pretty cool!!! But after this winter I'd rather be in Hawaii lol!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT