Problem with gt40p spark plugs want some good spark plugs but most wont fit?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 26
Problem with gt40p spark plugs want some good spark plugs but most wont fit??

i got gt40 p heads and had a time geting the spark plugs out wen i do they definatly needed to e changed they were auto lites the cheap ones ..... well i went out and got the double platinum ones 4.99 a piece well after trying for about an hour in all positions i couldnt get them to go so figuring the threads were messed up when i took them out i tried one of the old ones and low and behole went right in!!! the cheap autolite ... doesn ne one else know of this problem and if so doesn ne one know what kind of good spark plugs will fit other than the cheap ones???
__________________
If both wheels aint spinning then i aint grinning
Justbust1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Svtlx is pretty much a 5.0 expert. Pm him. And trust his advice. He knows his ****
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbust1n
i got gt40 p heads and had a time geting the spark plugs out wen i do they definatly needed to e changed they were auto lites the cheap ones ..... well i went out and got the double platinum ones 4.99 a piece well after trying for about an hour in all positions i couldnt get them to go so figuring the threads were messed up when i took them out i tried one of the old ones and low and behole went right in!!! the cheap autolite ... doesn ne one else know of this problem and if so doesn ne one know what kind of good spark plugs will fit other than the cheap ones???
Autolites are probably the best plug you can buy for a 5.0. Don't buy in to the quadruple platinum, gold tip, laced with fairy dust hype. Get the part number for the autolites and buy a new set. Problem solved.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302

Autolites are probably the best plug you can buy for a 5.0. Don't buy in to the quadruple platinum, gold tip, laced with fairy dust hype. Get the part number for the autolites and buy a new set. Problem solved.
I got those 4 ground strap platinums. Only cause they were free. They work great tho. If the autolites are a 2 piece I would steer clear. Sucks when they break off
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 26
Re: Problem with gt40p spark plugs want some good spark plugs but most wont fit??

yea the only ones that seem to fit in the head are the cheap auto lites the double platinum auto lite have a bigger body and thread so the wont go.. didnt know if ne one had these heads and had other plugs without tapping the hole bigger
__________________
If both wheels aint spinning then i aint grinning
Justbust1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Problem with gt40p spark plugs want some good spark plugs but most wont fit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbust1n View Post
yea the only ones that seem to fit in the head are the cheap auto lites the double platinum auto lite have a bigger body and thread so the wont go.. didnt know if ne one had these heads and had other plugs without tapping the hole bigger
Yeah, definitely not worth doing all that. "Cheap" autolites will do ya just fine!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 6
When you purchased them did you ask for plugs for a 96-00 5.0 explorer? I have been using the 3.00 autolites for about a yr in mine no probs at all. Will get you the # I'm using when I get home

347 efi with GT40-p ported and polished heads GT40 upper and lower intake
Calepy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spark plugs? NeedSomeMods Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 35 03-01-2011 05:55 PM
Spark plugs upton7 General Mustang Discussion 15 02-02-2010 03:00 PM
spark plugs v6stang04 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 01-24-2010 07:22 PM
What spark plugs should I go with? Frogleg 1996-2004 Mustang GT 30 06-21-2009 04:44 AM
Spark Plugs megax29 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 20 10-09-2006 06:36 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:08 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.