What is this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
What is this?

Bought all my parts to start on my project. Trans,starter,bolt ons,cables,brackets, injectors, etc. I'll be a little behind cause I found the shock tower was less than stellar and after chipping away at it a little found it to be be half seperated from the frame so I've got some welding to do before putting it together. Anyway, while looking at the engine last night I found this and have no idea what its for or what goes there. There is a screen in there which leads me to believe its some sort of vent or something. Anyone know for sure?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vent.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24510  
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Re: What is this?

Hey is it otlaw180 or outlaw180? Ok well now to answer ur question sir.... That there you're indicating with a red arrow there is called pcv vent.there is supposed to be a rubber grommet to seat the pcv valve as one unit connected to a vacuum line to upper intake manifold spiggot. Just wanna say that we helped eachother one for one! See,lucky you had this photo uploaded of the rear of the 5.0ho block.i always was curious on how they blocked off egr recycler tubes pertruding outta the cyl.head on the right bank rear of motor. Your photo shows it in plain view. Mahalo!! Bstrk-
Blustreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: What is this?

its otlaw80, plates for my very first car (79 mustang) were that. BIG mistake, drew all kinds of attention from the police... anyway

Thanx for the info, appreciate it. As far as the recycler tubes go, the previous ownder did that. While I'm sure it worked, I'll be taking off whats on there and making block off plates for them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT