Kenne bell blowzilla - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Kenne bell blowzilla

I'm going to put a kenne bell blowzilla on my 89 5.0 and on their website all it says I need is the supercharger and have a chip burned for my car... Now here's my question do I need to change maf injectors and all of that good stuff or not? Someone tell me what all I need to change in order for the supercharger to run at full potential
Z06 eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Kenne bell blowzilla

Injected or Carberated?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
255lph fuel pump with atleast 42# injectors. But there won't be an intercooler for the foxbody kenne bell. That's why alot if people don't use them
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Fuel injected and do I need a bigger mass air flow sensor
Z06 eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
P mass makes some good ones for power adder cars. I would get something bigger than stock but I wouldn't get to crazy into it. The blower will suck all the air it can handle right through your maf and tune will take care of the rest
Old 05-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Kenne bell blowzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 eater View Post
I'm going to put a kenne bell blowzilla on my 89 5.0 and on their website all it says I need is the supercharger and have a chip burned for my car... Now here's my question do I need to change maf injectors and all of that good stuff or not? Someone tell me what all I need to change in order for the supercharger to run at full potential
If you are buying a "kit" from them, maybe they supply the injectors, MAF, etc.? I would find out exactly what all comes with the SC before purchasing anything else.

The stock 5.0 block is of a thinwall casting design and relatively weak.
They are known to split right down the center of the block with too much boost or a bad tune which allows them to detonate under boost. Anything over 500 HP and you should consider adding a Main & Valley Girdle to the block to help stiffen it. This will greatly increase the block's rigidity, life expectancy and should be good up to 650+ HP, IF the engine is kept properly tuned.

Increasing the air flow into and through the engine with the SC will be benefited by increasing the size of your air intake system, ie, the air filter, air intake tubing, MAF & throttle body. However, don't go overboard, size the items as needed to work with the engine intake you are using and horsepower levels you want to achieve.

On the other side of the engine, a properly sized set of headers and exhaust system will provide further benefits and increased power by allowing the spent gases to be exhausted more efficiently.

An increase in injector size will be needed to supply the additional fuel required by the increased airflow. You may also need to install a larger fuel pump to ensure adequate fuel flow. Holley makes a 255 lph EFI Pump that is specifically designed for supercharged engines.

Tuning can be done by using a chip as stated above or a tuner. Tuner choices are somewhat limited for the 79-93 Fox Body Mustangs, but they are available. One choice would be the AFM PMS tuner.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT