Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Just ordered them from American Muscle, Thank you Chris once again for the forum discount. I will take plenty of pictures when they arrive and will take pictures of install. If anybody wants a write up / how-to while im doing it, just let me know

Stay rocking
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
Just ordered them from American Muscle, Thank you Chris once again for the forum discount. I will take plenty of pictures when they arrive and will take pictures of install. If anybody wants a write up / how-to while im doing it, just let me know

Stay rocking
A write up would be nice. That kind of info is always needed by someone.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
94_2valves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
What year is your stang? I've been thinking on replacing my bbk shorties with some long tubes.
94_2valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

its a 1991 fox gt
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 166
I have bbk long tubes on my 93 and love it! Not to mention they look nice!
93stang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john
Just ordered them from American Muscle, Thank you Chris once again for the forum discount. I will take plenty of pictures when they arrive and will take pictures of install. If anybody wants a write up / how-to while im doing it, just let me know

Stay rocking
Need help?
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

@texastboneking you know it! Next friday, probably early morning is when im going to have access to a garage with tools, jacks and stands.

@93stang306, i've got a few questions for you,
1. When you put the e-cam in, did you change anything on the heads? like are they still the stock e7's, machined e7's or aftermarket?
2. When you got the BBK tubes in, did you have to buff the metal/ clean them up? and did you have to unhook anything like the steering shaft?
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 166
Not exactly sure on this car, as I actually got the car with the mods done already, I know it's not as fun as most because I didn't get to do them myself but I couldn't pass up the deal! Wish I could have helped! I can take some pics for you if you want me too, wouldn't be a problem!
93stang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
U guess I can help... Even though you stood me up on going to the car show...
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
I have these on my 95. Not a bad install, you will have to twist the passenger side of the motor to fit it in but other than that not a problem. Took me and my father about 3 hours to install my full exhaust system.
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93stang306 View Post
Not exactly sure on this car, as I actually got the car with the mods done already, I know it's not as fun as most because I didn't get to do them myself but I couldn't pass up the deal! Wish I could have helped! I can take some pics for you if you want me too, wouldn't be a problem!
I think thier might be a casting number on the head itself but finding where its at and actually looking at it are two different things lol. As far as the pics, I wouldnt worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
U guess I can help... Even though you stood me up on going to the car show...
Dude I still feel bad about that, I was just so damn tired and I seriously wanted to go. I'll find a way to make it up to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
I have these on my 95. Not a bad install, you will have to twist the passenger side of the motor to fit it in but other than that not a problem. Took me and my father about 3 hours to install my full exhaust system.
what did you do about the smog pump? I believe its got a line running back to the h-pipe.
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

I think thier might be a casting number on the head itself but finding where its at and actually looking at it are two different things lol. As far as the pics, I wouldnt worry about it

Dude I still feel bad about that, I was just so damn tired and I seriously wanted to go. I'll find a way to make it up to you

what did you do about the smog pump? I believe its got a line running back to the h-pipe.
Smog delete mod.
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

I think thier might be a casting number on the head itself but finding where its at and actually looking at it are two different things lol. As far as the pics, I wouldnt worry about it

Dude I still feel bad about that, I was just so damn tired and I seriously wanted to go. I'll find a way to make it up to you

what did you do about the smog pump? I believe its got a line running back to the h-pipe.
Oh you will need new 02 sensors. Longer ones
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Oh you will need new 02 sensors. Longer ones
i've only got two and they go in front of the first cats. and what technically is a smog delete mod lol. Specifics please
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Oh ok I dont have cats. And I can't really explain it lol. Search it on google or maybe someone else can explain it. It only gives like 10 hp but it gets rid of a lot of useless clutter under the hood. Also you should change your plugs while your at this instillation
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Oh ok I dont have cats. And I can't really explain it lol. Search it on google or maybe someone else can explain it. It only gives like 10 hp but it gets rid of a lot of useless clutter under the hood. Also you should change your plugs while your at this instillation
done the plugs already, and I wont have cats soon but the headers came with an exhaust bung in them right?
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

done the plugs already, and I wont have cats soon but the headers came with an exhaust bung in them right?
Yes I believe so. What other mods are done to your car?
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Yes I believe so. What other mods are done to your car?
just CAI, 70 mm throttle body and 70 mm egr spacer. timing set at 14*
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

just CAI, 70 mm throttle body and 70 mm egr spacer. timing set at 14*
Ok. You going to notice a drop it bottom end torque after the install. But you will feel a big gain after 4000 rpm. I suggest you do your gears after to make up for the torque. Then of course your HCI swap. You won't notice a hole lot from the stock exhaust, but it will sound way nicer.

The thing with ling tubes is once you HCI are installed the difference between shorties and long tubes are huge. Can be and where from 20 to 30 rwhp difference from them.
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Ok. You going to notice a drop it bottom end torque after the install. But you will feel a big gain after 4000 rpm. I suggest you do your gears after to make up for the torque. Then of course your HCI swap. You won't notice a hole lot from the stock exhaust, but it will sound way nicer.

The thing with ling tubes is once you HCI are installed the difference between shorties and long tubes are huge. Can be and where from 20 to 30 rwhp difference from them.
yeah I used to have a 302 truck that I was young and dumb and put long tubes with 3' all the way from a custom H with no cats, to the mufflers and it was true dual. WAY too much, and no torque but damn did it sound AMAZING.

I'm looking at 3.73's right now and then a chip. Im probably going to shelf the cam until I find a good trick flow intake with some afr's.
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Chip is useless. As for your choice of heads and intake those are good. I run policed AFR heads Polished Trickflow intake custom cam and a pro charger at 14 psi and I put down 650rwhp on a nice tune. But it's a fully built 347
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Chip is useless. As for your choice of heads and intake those are good. I run policed AFR heads Polished Trickflow intake custom cam and a pro charger at 14 psi and I put down 650rwhp on a nice tune. But it's a fully built 347
your the first person to say that, but this is going to be semi daily driven car, im not looking for boost and a ****load of power lol, just somewhere between 240 and 260 to the ground for right now
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
If you do HCI swap you'll be more like 300 rwhp
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
94_2valves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Grab yourself a nice little 1.5L Kennedy bell supercharger which sits up top as your upper intake manifold. I've got one and it gives some nice low end torque.
94_2valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_2valves
Grab yourself a nice little 1.5L Kennedy bell supercharger which sits up top as your upper intake manifold. I've got one and it gives some nice low end torque.
What kinda power gain you see from that?
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

I think thier might be a casting number on the head itself but finding where its at and actually looking at it are two different things lol. As far as the pics, I wouldnt worry about it

Dude I still feel bad about that, I was just so damn tired and I seriously wanted to go. I'll find a way to make it up to you

what did you do about the smog pump? I believe its got a line running back to the h-pipe.
Lol it's cool man. Ou and my friend stood me uphe made me more mad cause he was awake and gave me a sorry reason why he couldn't go.. You planning on going next week?
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
Lol it's cool man. Ou and my friend stood me uphe made me more mad cause he was awake and gave me a sorry reason why he couldn't go.. You planning on going next week?
yeah and I might go tonight if anybody else around is up for it, otherwise i'll just wait
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

yeah and I might go tonight if anybody else around is up for it, otherwise i'll just wait
From what I heard it's only every two weeks.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #29
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Chip is useless. As for your choice of heads and intake those are good. I run policed AFR heads Polished Trickflow intake custom cam and a pro charger at 14 psi and I put down 650rwhp on a nice tune. But it's a fully built 347
If you think a chip is useless, what do you use to tune your car with?
What block and other mods do you have to produce that level of HP?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #30
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
i've only got two and they go in front of the first cats. and what technically is a smog delete mod lol. Specifics please
You will not need new O2 sensors if yours are working ok now.
They sell O2 wire extenders if you need them.

For smog pump delete you need a shorter belt if you remove the pump or you can get a smog delete idler pulley kit and keep the belt you have.
Don't forget to cap off any vacuum lines that are no longer used.
You'll also want to get the egr elimenator that plugs into your egr wiring harness. This will keep the check engine light off and keeps the idle smooth.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
You will not need new O2 sensors if yours are working ok now.
They sell O2 wire extenders if you need them.

For smog pump delete you need a shorter belt if you remove the pump or you can get a smog delete idler pulley kit and keep the belt you have.
Don't forget to cap off any vacuum lines that are no longer used.
You'll also want to get the egr elimenator that plugs into your egr wiring harness. This will keep the check engine light off and keeps the idle smooth.
got links for any of that, for the smog pump delete I think i'll just get the shorter belt that way when emissions comes around

and jesus I dont know how many lines im going to need to cap off, what would you use? a screw or a nail inserted into the line or is there a less jerry-rigged way?

where can I get the egr eliminator plug in?
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
94_2valves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene

What kinda power gain you see from that?
Its probably been 4-5 years since I has the car dynoed at school, it put 280rwhp and 332ftlbs with a stock toasted clutch. I've since then replaced the clutch and recently swapped a 306 pro bullet short block from DSS racing and some gt40 heads. Haven't dynoed it since due to low money but she pulled like he'll before and after the swap. The Kenne bell provides some nice low to mid range power
94_2valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
94_2valves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john

got links for any of that, for the smog pump delete I think i'll just get the shorter belt that way when emissions comes around

and jesus I dont know how many lines im going to need to cap off, what would you use? a screw or a nail inserted into the line or is there a less jerry-rigged way?

where can I get the egr eliminator plug in?
I deleted the smug pump on mine using the pulley kit and pulled the hose coming from my x pipe with a short bolt, silicone and a hose clamp. No leaks yet

And for the egr eliminator, I've gotta find one too. Never thought about that part of the system and faking it out. Probably why check engine light is still on and running rough at idle for a short period of time.
94_2valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
94_2valves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
You will not need new O2 sensors if yours are working ok now.
They sell O2 wire extenders if you need them.

For smog pump delete you need a shorter belt if you remove the pump or you can get a smog delete idler pulley kit and keep the belt you have.
Don't forget to cap off any vacuum lines that are no longer used.
You'll also want to get the egr elimenator that plugs into your egr wiring harness. This will keep the check engine light off and keeps the idle smooth.
Hey Trojan, I was wondering if you know about a code for secondary air injection? I deleted the smog pump but didnt even think about the egr eliminator, would that cause this code to be thrown? I've asked people and they couldn't tell me what it meant...
94_2valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #35
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Just ordered some BBK Longtubes and BBK O/R H-pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
got links for any of that, for the smog pump delete I think i'll just get the shorter belt that way when emissions comes around

and jesus I dont know how many lines im going to need to cap off, what would you use? a screw or a nail inserted into the line or is there a less jerry-rigged way?

where can I get the egr eliminator plug in?
Use vacuum caps. You can pick up an assortment at your auto parts store.
Just Google search for Mustang smog delete and EGR Eliminator.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.