Injector size? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 40
Injector size?

I have an 87 gt with a 5.8 out of a 95 Bronco the injectors are white on the top how do you find out what size they are?
5.8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
SleepingStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 169
Should be 24lbs injectors.
SleepingStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
SleepingStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 169
Another point. Assuming those are stock injectors the above info should be correct. If they are aftermarket they could be different. If you are pulling them find a part number on them and search it on the net.
SleepingStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Injector size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8GT View Post
I have an 87 gt with a 5.8 out of a 95 Bronco the injectors are white on the top how do you find out what size they are?

Looks like they are 24 lb injectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Injector Guide.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	28716  
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 40
Thanks for the help!
5.8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 40
Re: Injector size?

Thanks for the info, I am assuming they have not been changed in the past.
5.8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangbill00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 136
Did they make a 19# all black injector?
mustangbill00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Injector size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbill00 View Post
Did they make a 19# all black injector?

Are they Ford injectors?
Part # on them?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 40
What size fuel pump should I run? I am still running the factory pump and regulator.
5.8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Injector size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8GT View Post
What size fuel pump should I run? I am still running the factory pump and regulator.
What mods do you have planned?
For basic NA engine mods a 190 lph pump and adjustable regulator should suffice.
If you plan on using a power adder then go with a 255 lph pump and adjustable regulator.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.8GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 40
Right now the internals are stock I have a Professional Products intake with a 75 mm throttle body, and Mac headers. Down the line I would like to do a 393 stroker.
5.8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangbill00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Are they Ford injectors?
Part # on them?
D1570ba 1059

They came from autozone.
mustangbill00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Injector size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbill00 View Post
D1570ba 1059

They came from autozone.

They are:
DELPHI 20lb/hr High-Z
Part Number Delphi D1570BA (Lucas Old 5207002, Lucas New 621015)

Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI (300kPa)
19.86 lb/hr = 208.5cc/min = 150.3g/m

Static Flow Rate @ 58.0PSI (400kPa)
22.93 lb/hr = 240.8cc/min = 173.5g/m

Dynamic Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI (300kPa)
4.44 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate

Dynamic Flow Rate @ 58.0PSI (400kPa)
5.12 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate

Coil Resistance: 16.2 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z
Additional Information:
Top feed disc injectors use a small disc with six holes around its circumference.
The disc rests on a short chimney that surrounds a metering hole.
As the disc is raised off the chimney by magnetic force, fuel flows through the holes in the disc, over the walls of the chimney, and out the metering hole to form a full, finely atomized cone.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Injector size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8GT View Post
Right now the internals are stock I have a Professional Products intake with a 75 mm throttle body, and Mac headers. Down the line I would like to do a 393 stroker.
If you are planning on building a good bit of power with the 393, then you may want to go ahead with the 255 lph pump.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangbill00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

They are:
DELPHI 20lb/hr High-Z
Part Number Delphi D1570BA (Lucas Old 5207002, Lucas New 621015)

Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI (300kPa)
19.86 lb/hr = 208.5cc/min = 150.3g/m

Static Flow Rate @ 58.0PSI (400kPa)
22.93 lb/hr = 240.8cc/min = 173.5g/m

Dynamic Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI (300kPa)
4.44 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate

Dynamic Flow Rate @ 58.0PSI (400kPa)
5.12 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate

Coil Resistance: 16.2 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z
Additional Information:
Top feed disc injectors use a small disc with six holes around its circumference.
The disc rests on a short chimney that surrounds a metering hole.
As the disc is raised off the chimney by magnetic force, fuel flows through the holes in the disc, over the walls of the chimney, and out the metering hole to form a full, finely atomized cone.
Does my MAF meter need to be calibrated to these? I wouldn't think so since there basically stock.
mustangbill00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangbill00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbill00

Does my MAF meter need to be calibrated to these? I wouldn't think so since there basically stock.
There getting changed soon anyway.
mustangbill00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #17
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Injector size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbill00 View Post
Does my MAF meter need to be calibrated to these? I wouldn't think so since there basically stock.
No, there is not enough difference between these and the factory injectors to worry about.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.