93 fox gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #1

Region: Michigan
93 fox gt

Hey I recently bought this mustang and I want to upgrade it and would like some input from fellow 5.0 owners. best place to buy part and what I need and don't need. I would like to upgrade the suspension new disc brakes all around is it worth doing a 5 lug conversion? I want to pull the engine and trans out I have found a trickflow top end kit if I use the kit is there any other mods I would need/be helpful is my stock block ok to use car has 84,327 miles I would like to reach 300-360hp to the wheels. as for the trans its aod I would like to swap for manual but still undecided well thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110710_110809.png
Views:	153
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	28727  
black.fox.93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: 93 fox gt

1st, welcome to the forum
2nd, whats your budget?
3rd, is a DD or a weekend warrior?
4th, are you going to be doing the work yourself or take it to a shop?
4th"a", if yourself, how mechancially inclined are you?

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #3

Thanks its a weekend ride my budget is $6,000 but I plan on taking my time with this so brakes and suspension seem like first prority as far as mechanicly inclined I've done brake jobs an oil changes I would feel more comfortable with an actual mechanic rebuilding my engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

ok now next set of questions lol,
1st, road racer (track), autocrosser, drag king or street nightmare?
2nd, do you have an actual mechanic around that you trust?
3rd, are you willing to spend half of that budget on brakes, 5-lug conversion, wheels and tires?
4th, how low of a suspension drop do you want?

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.fox.93 View Post
Hey I recently bought this mustang and I want to upgrade it and would like some input from fellow 5.0 owners. best place to buy part and what I need and don't need. I would like to upgrade the suspension new disc brakes all around is it worth doing a 5 lug conversion? I want to pull the engine and trans out I have found a trickflow top end kit if I use the kit is there any other mods I would need/be helpful is my stock block ok to use car has 84,327 miles I would like to reach 300-360hp to the wheels. as for the trans its aod I would like to swap for manual but still undecided well thanks for reading
Welcome aboard!

Best places to buy parts: - AM - CJPP - LRS - They are site sponsors and by being a member here you may be eligible for a discount.

Disc Brakes: Are definitley worth doing. You need to make sure you have the Whoa to go along with the Go.

5-Lug Conversion: IMO yes, it will give you more choices in wheels and tires.

Which Trickflow kit are you looking at? I believe the Twisted Wedge Trickflow heads will require you to have the pistons flycut for adequate piston to valve clearance.

Other mods: CAI, Larger MAF, Larger TB, Bigger Injectors, Cam (If one does not come with the Trickflow kit.), Short or Long tube headers, Exhaust, Gears, Sub Frame connectors, etc. etc.

Stock Blocks: Are usually ok up to 500 HP if kept properly tuned and maintained. With block strengthening mods there are claims of up to 650 HP durability.

AOD Transmission: Either build it for the increased power or replace it with a manual transmission that can handle the power level you desire. My preference is the manual transmission, because you lose less power through a manual transmission, you decide the "stall speed" when racing and I just like them better.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #6

Thanks for the input I would like to make it a street nightmare I do have a good friend who is a mechanic and has the tools and the know how its just finding time to do this I like the wheels I have I'm more worried about brakes I have bbk short headers Ford racing plugs and wires and cold air intake this is the top end kit I'm looking at http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-End-Kit-Black
Old 07-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

You should be ok and TFS says 360 HP (which is at the crank HP) so your goal should be easily within reach.

Here is what TFS says about the heads: "Trick Flow® Twisted Wedge® heads are the only aftermarket heads that can run 2.020 in./1.600 in. valves with stock, unmodified pistons and performance camshafts up to 0.550 in. lift."

Link with more heads info: Twisted Wedge Heads
Link to kit info: Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kit
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT