What are my chances.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What are my chances....

Of getting an '87 - '93 Notchback Mustang LX, for around $2000-$4000. I would hopefully only spend around 3 but I really am big on interior, I would like for it to have a real clean interior and look. Manual preferably. To be honest I don't know alot about engines or horsepower....that's why I need your help. So I don't get cheated. And a decent exhaust system. I would want it more stock compared to all customized of course .

This is one of my main things, I want to be able to start driving it ASAP.

So do you think I have a chance, btw I live in Michigan and I would go pick it up and have cash in hand. I will be buying it in a few months though. And I probably would be able to travel to Ohio, Illinois maybe, and maybe Indiana. Especially if the car is 'correct'....

Do I have a chance?
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: What are my chances....

3-4 sounds like it can get u a good one..from what ive seen from sellers , idk if the interior is going to be as clean as your looking for though..
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah hopefully !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip
Of getting an '87 - '93 Notchback Mustang LX, for around $2000-$4000. I would hopefully only spend around 3 but I really am big on interior, I would like for it to have a real clean interior and look. Manual preferably. To be honest I don't know alot about engines or horsepower....that's why I need your help. So I don't get cheated. And a decent exhaust system. I would want it more stock compared to all customized of course .

So do you think I have a chance, btw I live in Michigan and I would go pick it up and have cash in hand. I will be buying it in a few months though. And I probably would be able to travel to Ohio, Illinois maybe, and maybe Indiana. Especially if the car is 'correct'....

Do I have a chance?
Where in Michigan? Make sure they dint have alot of road cancer... Try craigslist, I see foxes there.
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:

Do I have a chance?
Im lookin for one too and have found a bunch around that price range

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22

Where in Michigan? Make sure they dint have alot of road cancer... Try craigslist, I see foxes there.
Road cancer? I'm a n00b excuse me but what does that mean lol. Mileage? But yeah it is a decent amount here for some reason but I'm scared to spend thousands on Craigslist :/ and not alot of Notchbacks...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Im lookin for one too and have found a bunch around that price range
Let me know what you end up buying !
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
Road cancer? I'm a n00b excuse me but what does that mean lol. Mileage? But yeah it is a decent amount here for some reason but I'm scared to spend thousands on Craigslist :/ and not alot of Notchbacks...
"Road Cancer" is rust from driving on salted winter roads.
Just plan on making a trip to check the car out before you buy.
You can get an inexpensive magnetic tester at most auto supply shops that will tell you if the body panels have been repaired with a thick layer of body putty.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

"Road Cancer" is rust from driving on salted winter roads.
Just plan on making a trip to check the car out before you buy.
You can get an inexpensive magnetic tester at most auto supply shops that will tell you if the body panels have been repaired with a thick layer of body putty.
Ohhhh, okay. And yeah I don't mind making trips.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
Ohhhh, okay. And yeah I don't mind making trips.
Good, get some pics if you have doubts and post them up here.
We'll do our best to help you if you need us.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good, get some pics if you have doubts and post them up here.
We'll do our best to help you if you need us.
Funny you say that

I had found a listing on Craigslist...for a $1500 Foxbody and I texted the guy, etc. And I told him I could make him a offer, soo we talked and he ended up rejecting my offer lol. Anyways now he changed the listing price to $800...but anyways I'm probably not as smart as you all when it comes to cars but look at this listing.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/2480800431.html

He said it runs...so hey what do you think. I know that the engine probably will have to go but, idk I think that this car will be useless a week after I buy it. What do you think. Even though at $800 I could buy new parts for it and still save I imagine. Hard to believe....

Also could I take like the spoiler type thing off the back and make it look more like a Notchback ? That's what i really want ! But hey 8 is great.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Funny you say that

I had found a listing on Craigslist...for a $1500 Foxbody and I texted the guy, etc. And I told him I could make him a offer, soo we talked and he ended up rejecting my offer lol. Anyways now he changed the listing price to $800...but anyways I'm probably not as smart as you all when it comes to cars but look at this listing.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/2480800431.html

He said it runs...so hey what do you think. I know that the engine probably will have to go but, idk I think that this car will be useless a week after I buy it. What do you think. Even though at $800 I could buy new parts for it and still save I imagine. Hard to believe....

Also could I take like the spoiler type thing off the back and make it look more like a Notchback ? That's what i really want ! But hey 8 is great.
Yea you gotta watch that but he might be in a bind but that's a sweet deal has it sat somewhere for a while
90blue5.0gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Supporter

You are just buying a body there. Sounds like the engine is toast.
I would pass.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90blue5.0gt

Yea you gotta watch that but he might be in a bind but that's a sweet deal has it sat somewhere for a while
Man it is a good deal though...and it's a '91...but idk if it has been. I might contact him later today it tommorow depending on you guys thoughts + my thoughts.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are just buying a body there. Sounds like the engine is toast.
I would pass.
Yeah that's my concern too. The engine...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'd like to think mine is in great shape, I bought mine for 3000. No REAL serious problems just the regular fuel and water pump and tune up.

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What I meant to add I that in sure you can find one in your price range that's in decent-good shape

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Yea hold out on it until you find one don't waste money when you don't have to just keep looking I gave 4700 for mine after payoff so
90blue5.0gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT