Brag about your 'Stangs here! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Brag about your 'Stangs here!

Currently I don't have a Mustang But soon I will have a wonderful Notchback ! So can tell me like your car and your set up, things you added, horsepower, year, etc. And give me a sort of review on it. Also things like pro's and con's, stories lol, whatever. Just stuff about your Mustang. Even pics... I can't wait to buy one but until then I'll just read about them lol.
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Brag about your 'Stangs here!

Well mine is alot newer, but I love it for the most part.
Pros: Plenty of power for V6, Styling-- as with all Mustangs, I love them all! Sound you know when a Mustang is around. The way it feels when I'm driving. The compliments. Reliability. After market parts/ mods availibility. Much more out there it seems for the type your looking at. The notchbacks/ foxbodys make great drag cars and sleepers. And they have a very uniqe history behind them.

Cons- Interior could be better made at least on the 06.. I see this is a common complaint about Mustangs across the board. Not many more I can think of.

I haven't done many mods to mine yet. I do plan on doing some things shortly. I just love the car. They are so cool. Most all Mustang owners are very nice and willing to talk about their cars. Another cool thing about Mustangs is they are the only car to continue production this long. From 1964.5 to 2011. some years were skecty and it almost got replaced by the probe.

EDIT now 2012 and beyond.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Well mine is alot newer, but I love it for the most part.
Pros: Plenty of power for V6, Styling-- as with all Mustangs, I love them all! Sound you know when a Mustang is around. The way it feels when I'm driving. The compliments. Reliability. After market parts/ mods availibility. Much more out there it seems for the type your looking at. The notchbacks/ foxbodys make great drag cars and sleepers. And they have a very uniqe history behind them.

Cons- Interior could be better made at least on the 06.. I see this is a common complaint about Mustangs across the board. Not many more I can think of.

I haven't done many mods to mine yet. I do plan on doing some things shortly. I just love the car. They are so cool. Most all Mustang owners are very nice and willing to talk about their cars. Another cool thing about Mustangs is they are the only car to continue production this long. From 1964.5 to 2011. some years were skecty and it almost got replaced by the probe.

EDIT now 2012 and beyond.
Yeah I was looking at some V6's from the early 2000's....and they look good. But it's just "V8" sounds soooo powerful lol.
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I bought my 89 gt wrecked for 500 dollars 3 years ago when I was 15 I'm 18 now and my turbo will b n tomorrow... 10 psi here I come!!!!!
Z06 eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Brag about your 'Stangs here!

Mine's here Page 7 post #211.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
i bought my 88 gt conertible about 3 years ago for 500.she was nearly left for dead.since then i rewired the motor,did clutch,aluminum radiator,waterpump electric fan,valvecovers,euro taillights,brakes,new buckets,reupolstered rear seats,new door panels recarpeted rear panels,new floor pan(just passenger side),new carpet,painted dash and other trim pieces,sway bar end links and bushings,adjustable clutch cable kit,new top,ac delete and smog delete, paint job, new center caps,tires,headlight covers,headers.and probably a bunch more.i am nearly 4000 in including the price of the car.she is almost road worthy but not done.i am sure i will have lots of bugs to work out.the previous owner did an auto to manul converion and a carb conversion,which is fine because i like both.i did everything myself but the paint(i did help on b work) and reupolstering the back seat.that is about it.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I bought my 1998 for $500 with a blown engine and bald tires. Faded red paint with a spray painted hood roof and trunk and wheels. Since then ive put in a newer 90k v6 engine, new ebrake, battery, whole new wired ignition and starter, resiviour, radiator, coolant hoses, powersteering pumps andother stuff I can't remember.
Exterior I've painted it all Cherry red, put on 17" cobra rims, one piece headlights, chrome billet grille, emblem and side emblems all new 245/45/17 tires on both sets of rims (ones winter set).
Interior I've all new red and black leather seat covers, steering wheel cover, ford floor mats, fuzzy dice, new stereo system.
Check my garage for pics. But I've built it up from a 17 year old kid who blew 2 engines and drove it into the ground to spotless an running and looking brand new. I'm also 17 so it shows how differet we are lol
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
New clutch too
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My fox is a 90 gt hatch and it stock for now building another engine all it has is flowmaster singles and cai and that's it but you will enjoy you fox dude wouldn't take **** for it lol
90blue5.0gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Pros- mustangs are the best cars ever Cons-Addiction. it cost alot of money to go fast in a straight line lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT