Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What can cause this?

992 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nickcap 
#1 ·
Hey

So my 1995 mustang gt... When I cone from a complete stop (red light) I hit the gas an I realized a big hesitation... Like it wants to bottom out but them when I speed up it's fine... What can cause this and what can I check!?!

Thanks

NickCap

#2 ·
Hey

So my 1995 mustang gt... When I cone from a complete stop (red light) I hit the gas an I realized a big hesitation... Like it wants to bottom out but them when I speed up it's fine... What can cause this and what can I check!?!

Thanks

NickCap
Make sure you have adequate fuel pressure and your fuel filter isn't clogged up.
Then I would check the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).
Make sure the MAF sensor is clean.

#5 ·
nickcap said:
Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

How do I check the TPS!?
Yahoo search adjusting tps on a mustang and muscle mustangs and fast fords article will pop up, I just read it two days ago. It could be any of these problems, you will want to check the cheaper things first, mine was doing same thing and would eventually die. My order of finding problem was changing fuel filter( 10 bucks ish) then cleaning iac ( 3 bottle of throttle body/maf cleaner) then I changed fuel pump and it ran great. U will need a voltmeter to check tps, it's not a job that you are gonna want to Experiment and do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.