Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Infamous surging idle

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  stampde 
#1 ·
Here we go again with another surging idle question. I have an 89 5.0 supercharged. It surges between 800 - 1200 rpm. I changed iac valve it got a little better (won't surge at every stop light). Today when I was messing around with it I opened what I believe is the evr. And plugged it with my finger and it stopped surging. Any opinions on what to do?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
from wut u described, the fuel pressure seems to be 2-5lbs low, but if u fixed it with wutever that thing is, go for it

#7 ·
At idle I'm around 25-30 lbs. When I'm making boost it jumps to over 40 lbs. I didn't fix the problem wondering if I should replace it with a new one or could I eliminate it all together?
Try disconnecting it and plugging off any vacuum lines going to it and see what happens. :confused:

I can't remember for 100% sure, but there was a cure for an ldle problem where you drill a .090" hole in the TB blade......anyone remember that and exactly what it was for?

#4 ·
Meansaleen said:
At idle I'm around 25-30 lbs. When I'm making boost it jumps to over 40 lbs. I didn't fix the problem wondering if I should replace it with a new one or could I eliminate it all together?
Fuel filter or sock on fuel pump could be half clogged

#8 ·
It's just them Ponies surging at the gate, trying to get out and run.......;)

#9 ·
i just read your post>>> your running an fmu arent u?

#11 ·
Well I guesse try getn rid of the evr and c wut happens...

#13 ·
was going to say I had the same probablem on my last project 88gt with a Paxton ,and I put a plate between the IAC AND intake ( forget what it was called ) but it had air adjusting screws in it and was thin ,but anyway it solved the problem .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.