t5 issues - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Yeah it's compatible, I forgot to mention the alignment tool.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang
Yeah it's compatible, I forgot to mention the alignment tool.
cool just checking. i dont want to overlook something.i will probably take a look in the trans when i get that far to check the gears for wear and to confirm it is a wc.i dont wanna get the kit ordered till i make sure the gears are still ok.i have brand new gear oil in it,but i will probably need new since it has done a little grinding.theres 35$ .lol thanx again buddy!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
No problem. Keep us posted.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #39
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: t5 issues

If you plan on adding much HP to the car, save your time and money and replace the transmission with one that is rated to handle the horsepower level you want to achieve.

If not, then just rebuild it.
You can replace the input shaft with one that is properly sized for your application if you wish.
T5's can also be built to handle a lot of HP too, if that is the route you wish to take.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
If you plan on adding much HP to the car, save your time and money and replace the transmission with one that is rated to handle the horsepower level you want to achieve.

If not, then just rebuild it.
You can replace the input shaft with one that is properly sized for your application if you wish.
T5's can also be built to handle a lot of HP too, if that is the route you wish to take.
I do have basics like intake carb cam exhaust etc.building the motor is a really long term plan .when I build the motor I probably gonna go with a c4.I not doing anything to motor for a few years.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #41
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
I do have basics like intake carb cam exhaust etc.building the motor is a really long term plan .when I build the motor I probably gonna go with a c4.I not doing anything to motor for a few years.

When you decide to go with an automatic I would recommend that you go with an overdrive.
If not your gas mileage is going to suffer badly and with the way things are going that could get to be really expensive in the long run.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #42
Road Trip!

UPDATE: transmission is out.only took about an hour and a half.tommorow I am gonna open it up and see whats going on in there.before I get in there is there any special way to tell if the syncros are shot?I was gonna pull the top cover off tonight but it doesn't seem to just come off,like internals are attached to it maybe.before I go any further I'm gonna read the t5 manual.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #43
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
UPDATE: transmission is out.only took about an hour and a half.tommorow I am gonna open it up and see whats going on in there.before I get in there is there any special way to tell if the syncros are shot?I was gonna pull the top cover off tonight but it doesn't seem to just come off,like internals are attached to it maybe.before I go any further I'm gonna read the t5 manual.
Definitely read the manual first.
I have had them apart and repaired a few, but it has been to long ago for me to remember much.
Identifying damaged/worn synchros should be no problem.
You can easily tell when they are shot.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #44
Road Trip!

So I came across a really good deal on a used t5 so I went that route.already got it in and it runs great.thanx everyone.now I was able to drive I discovered old cooling issues.I guess time to start a new thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT