Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Decisions

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  93slowstang 
#1 ·
Ok so I have been trying to decide on what I want for my next 5.0 project. I have narrowed it down to an 86 Capri rs and a 95 cobra.

The Capri is complete with a good, rust free body. It's a carbed Ho with a manual tranny and needs a new battery and tune up to get going. I can get it for $2000.

The cobra is not complete and needs a fair amount of work to be drivable. Needs a hood, fender, the brakes are off of a gt as is the rear bumper. And the motor is missing a few parts but none of the cobra specific parts. He won't let it go for anything less than $2500.

What do you think would be better in the long run. I'm not really trying to hop either one up, I have my gt for that.:)

#2 ·
Tough call. Whats your money situation would be my first question. What are you looking for? Daily driver, summer car, weekend cruiser?

All things being equal, there is just something unique and special about a capri to me. I understand a cobra is a cobra, but its just not as unique overall (I would still love one and both are great choices). IMO

Cobra would most likely have better resale if thats something your looking for.

#6 ·
Well if money isn't a problem......then buy both?
I don't see how you could lose money on either one and you would have both to carefully look over and decide which one you really want to keep. :good:

#7 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Well if money isn't a problem......then buy both?
I don't see how you could lose money on either one and you would have both to carefully look over and decide which one you really want to keep. :good:
Lol, I wish. The wifes only letting me get one. I like both cars and I believe the value of each would constitute either one. Wish I could have both though. :(

#8 ·
Tried begging with sad puppy dog eyes? ;):D

Seriously, look at them closely. You may be able to fix one up a bit and make a considerable amount of money off it to use in fixing the one you want to keep.

#13 ·
Stang.racr said:
30-40. I think I have found a new bff lol
The two I really really really want is his 89 Saleen with a built 408 and r trim vortech. And his 65 roadster with one of the prototype termi motors in it. But that's big dreams for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.