Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cam is going in

15K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  wc3john 
#1 ·
:headbang:

any last words of advice? something I may be forgetting, dont be afraid to post, I'd rather see something i've seen before or known about then come to a problem that everybody thought was "public knowledge" and I screw something up.

thanks again

#5 ·
all of the rollers "rolled" extremely easily but I dont think I was doing it the right way when I tried to compress them. Right now, the upper and lower intakes are off along with the lifter locking tray. The rockers are off along with the bolts and pushrods that were attached to them. I was under the impression that if i'm reusing all the old parts, they need to be put back in the way they came i.e. the same rocker, pushrod and lifter on the same valve it came off of.

also, the only problem that i've ran into is the outside bolts on the manifold, the ones closest to the coolant ports, is that they've stretched or broken. I was able to get 3 out but they were all corroded and in very bad shape. I've still got one in the head now... it's almost as if someone has taken this thing off before and put lock-tite on it.

I'll try and keep things posted as I go along

#9 ·
That is true, but it is always a good idea to do so anyways because the parts will have worn and fitted themselves together.

#7 ·
OK, i've got the front accessory drive taken care of and now i'm waiting on my harmonic balancer puller. After the balancer its timing chain then actually pulling it out. Went ahead and ported the throttle body inlet to 70mm with a really good port job.

#10 ·
cam is in the block! Timing chain is back on with the cover and water pump. The ac condenser is bolted back into place already. Today, i'll throw everything back on. Any ideas on how to upload video to the site?

From an android phone?

#13 ·
:cool: Can't wait to hear it. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.