Mustang Evolution Forum banner

electric supercharger

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  93slowstang 
#1 ·
#5 ·
SCAM! Don't fall for it.
Most of those are nothing more than bilge vent fans for boats.

#11 ·
Electric motors are more amazing than most people realize. Some are more than able to put out enough air to work as a super charger with the right blades at the right pitch and angle. However, most of the ones (like you posted) you see on the net and on infomercials are simply just someone trying to make money off of suckers. And the car world is an excellent place for them to do so.

#13 · (Edited)
They are amazing, but you have to realize how much HP it would take for one of them to move enough air to make a difference.
There is no way any normal vehicle and 12 volt battery system can provide enough power to make it even remotely feasible.

Now with a second battery and a juiced up charging system you might, just might mind you, get one to work on a lawnmower engine.

#12 ·
Las0mbra said:
Read this! Excellent explanation of those kinds of turbos/superchargers. He also talks about a cool drag racing electric supercharger that actually works and products boost with tons of powerful batteries.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/HowTo/Auto/eturbo.aspx

Btw: complete scam. Really, they give no rise in pressure and are basically just an obstruction full of parts to fly into the engine.
great article..read all of it. i already knew they are scams, but it was still a good read. :good:

#20 ·
I saw a ranger on youtube with a leaf blower straight into the intake on a dyno there reaction was that it made more power though they never showed #'s,but they did show the truck not starting after the fact!!....prob tweaked the hell outa the maf or some garbage:)....not to bright those guys!!..

#25 ·
DrSalt22 said:
Lmfao if I owned a car with no panels, thats what would happen. Imagine going to the junk yard, and getting the cheapest running car, and doing things like that. Gotta be the cheapest fun/dollar thing to do!
Yeah, but I don't know if I could have done that to a perfectly good vette, or any good muscle car. Well maybe a viper lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.