Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Gauge pods

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dreamstang 
#1 ·
Am wanting to add some more gauges in my 92 gt. I am wanting to put an oil pressure, water temp, and nitrous gauges. I am gonna order auto meters but I am not sure where ia the best place to put them. I like the a pillar pods but I would like to have mechanical gauges and i don't think I have enough room to run the tubing down the a pillar. I have also looked at the front cowl with the gauge pod built in.
What do you guys think that I should get and work the best? Mechanical or electric? Any help would be appreciated.
Also I have thought about the Florida 5.0 gauges. How good are they. I would hate to lose my engine and all the warning lights. What do y'all think?

#2 ·
Am wanting to add some more gauges in my 92 gt. I am wanting to put an oil pressure, water temp, and nitrous gauges. I am gonna order auto meters but I am not sure where ia the best place to put them. I like the a pillar pods but I would like to have mechanical gauges and i don't think I have enough room to run the tubing down the a pillar. I have also looked at the front cowl with the gauge pod built in.
What do you guys think that I should get and work the best? Mechanical or electric? Any help would be appreciated.
Also I have thought about the Florida 5.0 gauges. How good are they. I would hate to lose my engine and all the warning lights. What do y'all think?
Mechanical gauges used to be the most reliable and accurate, but with advances in electrical gauges over the last several years I'd say they are equally good these days. The advantage of the electrical igauges are that you only need to run wires and you won't have any hot oil or fuel piped into the cockpit of your vehicle.

Im going to use some "meters'' (gauges) from Auber Auto in my car. I ran across them last year and they look to be very accurate, relatively inexpensive and they can be configured to read a variety of parameters.
I'm going to use them for boost pressure and fuel pressure at first and I will probably add more later. You buy the meter, then buy the sensor you need for whatever you want to read.

They are small rectangular meters, but I discovered that you can cut out a 2" electrical knockout plug to mount them in and then the plug will fit right into a 2 1/16" gauge hole. You could paint or decorate the plug in a variety of ways if you wished to do so too. Take a look at them and see what you think. :good:

Sorry, but I don't know anything about Florida 50 gauges.
Autometer had been my only choice for years and still is if I want to use that style gauge.

#5 ·
On the tach pod, did u put mechanical or electric gauges. How did u run the wiring. I don't really wanna drill holes in my dash I do like that pod setup though.
Did u have to get an indash tach or just the standard? Can't really tell on the picture.

#6 ·
Travis B said:
On the tach pod, did u put mechanical or electric gauges. How did u run the wiring. I don't really wanna drill holes in my dash I do like that pod setup though.
Did u have to get an indash tach or just the standard? Can't really tell on the picture.
I don't have the tac pod yet ,but I do have a dash mounted tac.it was pretty east to wire.i ran the wires behind the dash piece that goes around the cluster.I ran the wires through the speedo cable hole and right into the plastic conduit.one wire splices into a coil wire .one is ground and the other can go to any 12volt ignition.with that pod you probably won't need to drill any holes and should be able to hide the wires.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.