Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Steering rack.

15K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm waiting on the bushing to finish adjusting my tv cable so now I'm turning to my next annoyance with my car. At high speeds I'm experiencing a lot of play in my steering wheel. I've read that maybe my inner tie rods are probably shot. So now I'm wondering if it would be wise to just replace my steering rack and how difficult it would be for me to swap it out myself.

#3 ·
Ok, I'm waiting on the bushing to finish adjusting my tv cable so now I'm turning to my next annoyance with my car. At high speeds I'm experiencing a lot of play in my steering wheel. I've read that maybe my inner tie rods are probably shot. So now I'm wondering if it would be wise to just replace my steering rack and how difficult it would be for me to swap it out myself.
You can replace the inner and outer tie rods, but if the car has a lot of miles on it then replacement may be the best option.

Swapping out the rack is not difficult.
Buy you a Chiltons or Haynes manual and have at it. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.