Mustang Evolution Forum banner

84' Tranny problems

15K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  16218 
#1 ·
I keep getting a massive tranny spew from the tranny fittings I've replaced them twice! N it's not like I drive it hard she's lucky if she gets 20 miles a week! WTF is it it's ticking me off!! The fluid is dripping on my exhaust and making it really not safe to drive cuz it's coming in the car and it's intoxicating.
Anyone :(? Desperate mustang owner looking for help

#2 ·
Maybe the lines are cracked where the fittings attach.

#4 ·
Can you get me a picture of the line and fitting disassembled so I can see what kind it is and how it is made?

#6 ·
I got it up let it cool down n I hosed off the bottom I checked the fittings they were clean but as I pushed up on the fluid pan I heard a whistle like if you were sucking and blowing on a straw I'm assuming there might me a whole somewhere or possibly the oil pan might be loose? Is it safe to start my car on jacks with e brake on n bricks wedge in the back tires?

#9 ·
What you are hearing is probably air from the case vent at the top of the transmission. If the transmission was overfilled it may have blown some fluid out fromn there too.

#10 ·
Hawk said:
My guess is like u said a hole in the tranny pan or a couple bolts in it did u check them all yet?
There all tight to spec

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Trojan Horse said:
What you are hearing is probably air from the case vent at the top of the transmission. If the transmission was overfilled it may have blown some fluid out fromn there too.
So if it was full it would spew or just trickle?

#11 ·
#13 ·
It's possible that you have blown an internal seal or O-ring and it is forcing fluid out of the vent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.