Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Accel dfi blew up my engine

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
Well, I had a nice d.s.s. Longblock and had the Accel dfi thruster unit put in by a local dyno shop and when I got it back it had a slight miss. So after investigation found melted spark plugs and eventually burnt pistons. Great new BOSS block , right? Well now it's in another dyno shop to tune my brand new combo and they tell me injector 1 & 2 aren't firing!!! Same burnt pistons as the last engine!
Let's see if accel tries to charge me for fixing the unit.

#2 ·
What did the 1st dyno shop have to say?
They should have noticed and corrected any problems before they released it to you.
Sounds like they should share the responsibility.

And then it goes to another shop and the same thing happens? :eek:
Seriously poor work there.

#5 ·
2nd shop has found the problem and hopefully they didn't do any serious pulls!
I told the first dyno shop originally and ofcourse blamed me.
:( Sadly that's probably all you will hear from them.
At least you know which ones to avoid now and you can "advertise" for them to keep any others from going through your experience.

#7 ·
Any good dyno shop should be able to easily diagnose if the engine is leaning out or detonating, which is what it sounds like is happening to your engine.

#9 ·
Good shops would have pyrometers on each cylinder and could tell instantly when any cylinders were misfiring.

#10 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Good shops would have pyrometers on each cylinder and could tell instantly when any cylinders were misfiring.
Well you said it""good shops" we just have tail pipe sniffers around here

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Good shops not ok shops
Tail pipe sniffers suck

#11 ·
Well you said it""good shops" we just have tail pipe sniffers around here

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Good shops not ok shops
Tail pipe sniffers suck
Does the Accel DFI have any kind of logging capabilities?
Just thinking that if it did, they might be configured to run while dynoing so you could better tell what is going on.

Sorry about your problems. Hope you get it fixed soon. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.