Mustang Evolution Forum banner

turbo

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
What would this turbo kit put out?

What would this do to my mpg? And would I have to do anything like cam, injectors or anything? Or suggestions on another turbo kit? Or juss go h/c/i?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

http://On3performance.com/mustangsn5.html

#3 ·
My little brother is running one, 76mm with gt40 heads and a explorer intake. Lays down 440 at the wheels at 10psi. Runs stock throttle body, cam, and bottem end. He is running a 255 fuel pump with a kenne bell boost a pump and 42#injectors. It is a good turbo but some ac altercations can be required

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Also great mpg when your off boost

#4 ·
Check this turbo site out while you are looking. CXRacing

#5 ·
Well I got a e cam, these heads (1979-95 Mustang 5.0L/5.8L Edelbrock E-Street Fully Assembled 170Cc 3/8" Stud Mount Cylinder Heads with 60Cc Combustion Chamber, 1.90"/1.60" Valves)and 24# injtrs at house...so if I do get turbo kit should I put all this in to or what?

#7 ·
Just watch, with the E-street heads if your rpm's go pass 5500rpm's you get valve flood, that was the main reason why I decided to go with the edelbrock performer heads !! Just a FYI
You mean valve float?
That can be cured with a better set of valve springs.

#9 ·
I figured that's what happened. :good:

#10 ·
So if I do heads should I do cam to?

#11 ·
To get the most out of your mods, yes you should.

Go here - CAM QUEST - sign up and put in your engine/mods specs.
It will help you choose the best cam for your purposes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.