Mustang Evolution Forum banner

94-98 Tail lights

3K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  gregtommy 
#1 ·
Just wondering your opinions on these because my car has these chrome smoked lenses.

I have several options because a friend says I have a some OE if want them. Meaning I could. 1. Do nothing 2. Paint what I have. 3. Use OE and the X factor being color choice... I'm leaning toward OE
in black, Saleen style.

#3 ·
yeah chrome is definitely a little over done i agree with using the black just spent a month and half tinting mine out

#4 ·
KnowItAll said:
Anything is better the Chrome trim ones. They look like you bought them at autozone.
+10
That is one thing that is truth. My wife who doesn't usually care says something similar. 

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Was also thinking I could move these along on CL, and recoup some cash from purchase too.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

gregtommy said:
yeah chrome is definitely a little over done i agree with using the black just spent a month and half tinting mine out
You tinted OE lenses or after market clear lenses? Was told there was rattle can stuff for that, sounds shady to me 

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

gregtommy said:
You tinted OE lenses or after market clear lenses? Was told there was rattle can stuff for that, sounds shady to me 

#5 ·
Yeah there are plenty of those rattle can examples on you tube. I went vinyl tints on the back and a tinting company did my heads and fogs

#7 ·
deadsp0t said:
Cool stuff, thanks for the info man!
No problem with as long as your car has been around aftermarket companies should have almost everything ud ever want for lighting. I tried dark light covers for my head lights but they just looked cheap and they were cheap I broke one and tried adjusting the other and snapped the tab off of that one and I am not a Hercules

#8 ·
Ive looked at some of the tail lights they have for 94-95 mustangs after market but so far no luck finding anything really nice. See the problem is i like the stock 94 tail lights the horozontal look all the aftermarket stuff that ive seen is virtical. Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone else found aything diffrent?

#9 ·
Hawk said:
Ive looked at some of the tail lights they have for 94-95 mustangs after market but so far no luck finding anything really nice. See the problem is i like the stock 94 tail lights the horozontal look all the aftermarket stuff that ive seen is virtical. Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone else found aything diffrent?
Lol I've noticed for sure! Was talking with my buddy and we both feel like the OE horizontal stuff kind sets 94-94 5.0 cars apart from the 4.6 cars. Don't think I've ever seen a 96 up car with 94-95 tail lights..?

#10 ·
well you can't go wrong with a straight up smoked look check online for vinyl tints you can put onto your car and give me a heads up on when you do because i have a few pointers for that since the tints seem to shrink when they send them in the mail. OEM lights blackened you can't go wrong with if you are interested in seeing the results let me know I will get off my ass and go take some pics for ya

#13 ·
gregtommy said:
well you can't go wrong with a straight up smoked look check online for vinyl tints you can put onto your car and give me a heads up on when you do because i have a few pointers for that since the tints seem to shrink when they send them in the mail. OEM lights blackened you can't go wrong with if you are interested in seeing the results let me know I will get off my ass and go take some pics for ya
I would love to see how they turned out! No rush though as it will be next week at the earliest before I can get my hands on the lights. I actually saw some on a Tahoe that were rattle canned and dude was not happy cause it was coming off, which is probably a prepping issue more then a product issue.

#15 ·
looks good I know that if you aren't careful you can put too much black on and the lights don't show through at all

#17 ·
They do look sweet! You used a gun to spray them, or rattle can. I have a friend with the stuff to do them with gun but it's hard to get him motivated sometimes. I rattle Canned the ones on my first car and they came out 'ok' but not perfect.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

KnowItAll said:
Anything is better the Chrome trim ones. They look like you bought them at autozone.
Oh, btw I bought the car last Friday.

#18 ·
deadsp0t said:
They do look sweet! You used a gun to spray them, or rattle can. I have a friend with the stuff to do them with gun but it's hard to get him motivated sometimes. I rattle Canned the ones on my first car and they came out 'ok' but not perfect.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Oh, btw I bought the car last Friday.
All with a gun, gravity feed gun , I have everything setup in my garage I painted my whole car 2 tone, Did the interior and motor, made it my little man cave lol !!!

#22 ·
Hawk said:
This is what i want for front head lights (probly smoked glass but still undecided) but if i cant find tail lights to match (in the 94/95 horozontal look) i dont want to do the fronts. I think it would look funny to only have the front done and not the back.
The only horizontal ones I've ever seen were OE. those fronts look like they'd match Euro style tails better. I have herd people talk about separating the lenses and wet sanding the red out of OE style lenses until they were clear. Don't know if there's any truth to it though.

#23 ·
deadsp0t said:
The only horizontal ones I've ever seen were OE. those fronts look like they'd match Euro style tails better. I have herd people talk about separating the lenses and wet sanding the red out of OE style lenses until they were clear. Don't know if there's any truth to it though.
Might b an idea id like to put small leds in it to to match up to the fronts better though i have all the polishing stuff hear to do it 2... Now the creative juices are flowin!

#24 ·
Hawk said:
Might b an idea id like to put small leds in it to to match up to the fronts better though i have all the polishing stuff hear to do it 2... Now the creative juices are flowin!
I love the new headlights Audi is using with led, it's really ez to go overboard and end up with something tacky looking. Like my taillights lol but they look fantastic when done correctly though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.