Rebuild - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #36
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
Okay, I have a '95 SVT Cobra and I'm thinking about rebuilding the small stuff on my 5.0. I'm thinking rings, valves, springs etc. Anybody know of any kits or advice?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

When I have it apart I'm gonna have it ported and polished but I want to try and bring back the horsepower that 160,000 mi. Takes away. Right now I burn oil, not too much to be alarmed about but about a qt. A month, maybe a little more if I get a little wild
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
Wow whatever. I figured you guys would be helpful like if you had done something like this to your car than maybe some helpful info maybe some links but no ya just chatted on my link. Get offended but ya'd think you would only give helpful comments not argue over my h.p. Rating. And maybe as a mediator you could be helpful

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

And what info did I get? He said there are numerous kits without even putting a brand name for them and than suggested I use a shop and the rest of the posts are you guys arguing over my engine and internals
Master rebuild engine kit should be around 60-70$....valve springs probably around 200-300$ but I would buy them with the new cam as well....i cant recomend a site to find them because there are plenty..try some of the sites sponsored by this forum!....good luck..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Wow.. All I can say is wow.. Trojan you are way more diplomatic than me bro..

+1
If you read, you'll see Trojan told you where and what to search. If you can't handle a simple search I would suggest you take the earlier advice I offered and take your car to an engine exchange, or a mustang shop as rebuilding an engine is much more difficult and detailed than a search for a rebuild kit. IMO if you don't know where to look for rebuild kits, or which kit you want/need you will not be able to complete the work. With that do yourself a favor and reaserch Mustang specialty shop and not rebuild kits. They will hold your hand and show -N- tell you your options, as you desire.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #38
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post
Wow whatever. I figured you guys would be helpful like if you had done something like this to your car than maybe some helpful info maybe some links but no ya just chatted on my link. Get offended but ya'd think you would only give helpful comments not argue over my h.p. Rating. And maybe as a mediator you could be helpful

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

And what info did I get? He said there are numerous kits without even putting a brand name for them and than suggested I use a shop and the rest of the posts are you guys arguing over my engine and internals
Look man, you made 1 post then we heard no more from you. We assumed you were getting something out of the discussion or else you could have reiterated or expanded what you wanted. I'm sorry, but we can't read your mind.

I try to help anyone and everyone that I can and I will still attempt to help you if you wish. Start a new thread and ask exactly what you want or need to know. Give plenty of info to research with, such as year of car, engine size, transmission, what your budget is, what you want to do with the car, its primary use and anything else you can think of to add. The more information we have to start with the better the answers and info you will get.

I apologize if you felt slighted, that was not our intention I assure you.
I will do my best to see that you get the information you need.
Fair enough?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Yes thank you

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Master rebuild engine kit should be around 60-70$....valve springs probably around 200-300$ but I would buy them with the new cam as well....i cant recomend a site to find them because there are plenty..try some of the sites sponsored by this forum!....good luck..
And thanks for the cam info. I didn't know I needed to change that but I already have a Lunati cam that I've been itching to put in
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT