Does anyone know about Duraspark III? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #1

Region: California
Does anyone know about Duraspark III?

My 84 5.0 has duraspark III. I just bought the painless wiring duraspark II ignition harness for it thinking it was DSII. I want to know if it will still work.

I also have a TFI coil on my car, which I obviously need to change. Does MSD blaster 2f or ACCEL superstock work with DSIII?

Thanks
Body Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Does anyone know about Duraspark III?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Thief View Post
My 84 5.0 has duraspark III. I just bought the painless wiring duraspark II ignition harness for it thinking it was DSII. I want to know if it will still work.

I also have a TFI coil on my car, which I obviously need to change. Does MSD blaster 2f or ACCEL superstock work with DSIII?

Thanks
Here is some info and pictures I found that may help you determine if it will work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dura Spark III system is used on vehicles equipped with Electronic Engine Control (EEC) III. The system consists of a primary side consisting of the battery, ignition switch, primary circuit, EEC system input and ignition module, Fig. 2, and a secondary side consisting of distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires and spark plugs. When the ignition switch is in the On position, the primary circuit and the ignition coil are energized. The EEC system provides a signal which tells the ignition module to turn off the coil primary circuit. The off and on times of the primary circuit are controlled by the EEC computer. When the circuit is turned Off, the magnetic field built up in the ignition coil collapses, inducing a high voltage into the coil secondary windings. This high voltage is then delivered to the spark plugs by the secondary ignition wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duraspark2.gif
Views:	1650
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	31988   Click image for larger version

Name:	DurasparkII.jpg
Views:	7670
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	31989  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duraspark3.gif
Views:	2298
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	31990   Click image for larger version

Name:	DurasparkIII.gif
Views:	5722
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	31991  

Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT