What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 17 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #561
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
Nice! Glad to see you got it going. Fingers crossed for no more hiccups!
thanx. hopefully shes done hiccuping.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #562
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Went for my drive. And it was wonderful!!!!! I took it for about 35 miles total. This was the furthest I have driven it since all the upgrades. During the cruise I stopped to make a few adjustments including idle, shifter spring, adjustable fan controller. But I think I have it dialed in real nice. After I got comfortable I opened it up pretty good. It was impressive.

And for the subframes. It doesn't even feel like the same car. I have heard some people say that they can barely tell the difference. But idk if because mine is a vert, but it is like night and day. I am very pleased. Of course it takes bumps like a tank now. But I expected that.

I also pulled the valve cover breather and it looked clean. So no water problem yet. I attached some pics for the help of it since I finally had a chance to clean her up.
Thats awesome!...and lookin real good!!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #563
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Thats awesome!...and lookin real good!!..
thanx man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #564
Road Trip!

One more shot of the shine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120421_182625.png
Views:	40
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	47780  
Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #565
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Went for my drive. And it was wonderful!!!!! I took it for about 35 miles total. This was the furthest I have driven it since all the upgrades. During the cruise I stopped to make a few adjustments including idle, shifter spring, adjustable fan controller. But I think I have it dialed in real nice. After I got comfortable I opened it up pretty good. It was impressive.

And for the subframes. It doesn't even feel like the same car. I have heard some people say that they can barely tell the difference. But idk if because mine is a vert, but it is like night and day. I am very pleased. Of course it takes bumps like a tank now. But I expected that.

I also pulled the valve cover breather and it looked clean. So no water problem yet. I attached some pics for the help of it since I finally had a chance to clean her up.
Lookin' good! Glad the water problem is cured.

You will feel those bumps more because you took the flex out of the uni-body, which is a good thing. Now you don't have to worry about it flexing and ripping some sheet metal somewhere. To soften the ride a bit you will have to do some suspension work. Since the suspension now has to actually do its job, some tuning and tweaking in that area should be beneficial.

So how do you like those lift bars? Have someone video you from the side taking off. You should be able to see them working. The body will visibly "lift" to plant the tires to the pavement.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #566
Road Trip!

thanx. i dont mind sacrificing some comfortability for performance. ill just stay off the bumpy roads. i realy like the lift bars. and they dont really affect the cornering like i heard. i was really impressed with the whole setup. i have small tires on there so i can still break the tires loose at will anywhere under 40 by punching the go button. but i can definitly tell they are nice. i will take a video one of these days cause i am curious to see. also the series are unbelievable when at wot.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #567
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
thanx. i dont mind sacrificing some comfortability for performance. ill just stay off the bumpy roads. i realy like the lift bars. and they dont really affect the cornering like i heard. i was really impressed with the whole setup. i have small tires on there so i can still break the tires loose at will anywhere under 40 by punching the go button. but i can definitly tell they are nice. i will take a video one of these days cause i am curious to see. also the series are unbelievable when at wot.
A lot of people seem to think that they negatively affect the cornering. They do not, they actually help because the steel bushings keep the rearend better centered in the car.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #568
Road Trip!

i did a short vid like you said. i didnt launch really hard or anything but i can see it a little bit. most rear ends actually move downward. it was done on my cell so dont mind that it sounds like a fart can.that is my phone distortion. lol i would think the lift would be more if launching hard. but i cant do that im my neighborhood.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #569
Filibuster

Quote:
i did a short vid like you said. i didnt launch really hard or anything but i can see it a little bit. most rear ends actually move downward. it was done on my cell so dont mind that it sounds like a fart can.that is my phone distortion. lol i would think the lift would be more if launching hard. but i cant do that im my neighborhood.
Kewlll...im sure I will have the chance to see and hear it in person soon
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #570
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
It'll probably take a pretty hard launch to see and feel the full effects.
I wish I had videoed mine when I was playing with it on a concrete street.
I could feel the whole car body lift and my friends said it "jumped up" about 3".
The better your traction and the more power you apply the more pronounced the effect is.

P.S. Your car sounds good even if it is a cell phone vid.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #571
Road Trip!

Quote:

Kewlll...im sure I will have the chance to see and hear it in person soon
whenever you are ready for some sfc's .

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

It'll probably take a pretty hard launch to see and feel the full effects.
I wish I had videoed mine when I was playing with it on a concrete street.
I could feel the whole car body lift and my friends said it "jumped up" about 3".
The better your traction and the more power you apply the more pronounced the effect is.

P.S. Your car sounds good even if it is a cell phone vid.
my little tires may not promote that. lol. you best believe when i go to the track and launch on slicks i will have a video though.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #572
Filibuster

Quote:

whenever you are ready for some sfc's .

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

my little tires may not promote that. lol. you best believe when i go to the track and launch on slicks i will have a video though.
Im ready!!...lol..I would say one of these up and coming weekends would be good..its more of a time thats good for you...my car is in need of some real tlc...im nervous to get under my car as this pic shows some of the rust underneath BEFORE I drove it through a winter..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120422_172841.png
Views:	49
Size:	752.9 KB
ID:	47881  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #573
Filibuster

Oh and that pic was before they removed the cats..
Old 04-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #574
Road Trip!

it doesnt look to bad yet. my car looks good up until the rear axle. i spent lots of hours removing rust underneath the car. then i spray painted it. your eshaust is perrrrty!

any sunday is fine with me. if you want the drive shaft loop then youll have to wait a week or two. im still waiting for the next steel order to come at work. whatever day we do it the connectors will probably take about 3-4 hours give or take. and the loop im not sure yet.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #575
Filibuster

Quote:
it doesnt look to bad yet. my car looks good up until the rear axle. i spent lots of hours removing rust underneath the car. then i spray painted it. your eshaust is perrrrty!

any sunday is fine with me. if you want the drive shaft loop then youll have to wait a week or two. im still waiting for the next steel order to come at work. whatever day we do it the connectors will probably take about 3-4 hours give or take. and the loop im not sure yet.
Thats cool I cant wait...I want to do the same with removing rust and painting it..I was thinking im not going to be able to remove all the rust so I want to use por-15 (Paint Over Rust) so stop the rust from spreading like wild fire!!..my neighbor used it on his 71 buick when he replaced his floor pans.its been on his car for probably 7yrs or so and still no rust!..though it stays in his garage and only comes out on nice days his garage still see's lots of moisture when I rains heavily..I think the stuff is great!..all be it about $140 a gallon:/
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #576
Road Trip!

that should work good. when i did ine i used a grinder and cupped wire wheel. it did pretty.
where do you live? just a wild guess you may have about an hour drive to my house.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #577
Filibuster

Im in Lockport il I know I have a cruz but its cool its for a good cause...the last year and a half have been rough on me and it takes its toll on my car too:/...if feel like she's been abused and needs some pampering lol...I started off with plenty of $$ and good intensions,but things have changed lately so I haven't done much other than ripping unwanted weight
Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #578
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Dang steve you only about 30-45 min away from me if you in Lockport
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #579
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Dang steve you only about 30-45 min away from me if you in Lockport
No sheet?...where u at?..
Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #580
Road Trip!

Quote:
Im in Lockport il I know I have a cruz but its cool its for a good cause...the last year and a half have been rough on me and it takes its toll on my car too:/...if feel like she's been abused and needs some pampering lol...I started off with plenty of $$ and good intensions,but things have changed latel
right on. i live in valparaiso in.

i hear you on the $$. i havent had much mulah lately either. i am used to steady overtime and have been cut for like 2-3 months now. but i think we are suppose to start humping hours again.

dont worry man. things will get better, car will be stiffer etc. hopefully they do to your car what they did to mine.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #581
Filibuster

Quote:

right on. i live in valparaiso in.

i hear you on the $$. i havent had much mulah lately either. i am used to steady overtime and have been cut for like 2-3 months now. but i think we are suppose to start humping hours again.

dont worry man. things will get better, car will be stiffer etc. hopefully they do to your car what they did to mine.
Its all good man!...im really looking forward to sfc's!..that and I want umi's too as my car sucks off the line!..one of my old jobs we delivered to valparaiso!..
Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #582
Registered Member
Regular

Morgan city

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Goin to no problem raceway in belle rose Wednesday for TNT. Can't wait
Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #583
Road Trip!

Quote:
Morgan city
wheres that?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #584
Registered Member
Regular

MC is about 20 min west of Houma
Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #585
Road Trip!

Quote:

wheres that?
you gonna run the stang? and did you finally get home to drive it yet since the upgrades?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #586
Registered Member
Regular

Yes and yes. Feels good I'm ready
Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #587
Road Trip!

Quote:

Its all good man!...im really looking forward to sfc's!..that and I want umi's too as my car sucks off the line!..one of my old jobs we delivered to valparaiso!..
i help you weld in the umi's to if you need. i dont mind. i like helping out.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Yes and yes. Feels good I'm ready
im still lost by houma?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #588
Registered Member
Regular

I have the umi liftbars too. I lovem.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #589
Road Trip!

Quote:
I have the umi liftbars too. I lovem.
what do you think about cornering? i actually feel that they help cornering to. but i heard the opposite. trojan says it because the metal bushings.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #590
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I like the cornering but if you corner hard you hear weird noise because of the metal bushings so I wouldn't do a road course at high speeds. But mine is made for drag racing so I'm good with it
Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #591
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yea I like the cornering but if you corner hard you hear weird noise because of the metal bushings so I wouldn't do a road course at high speeds. But mine is made for drag racing so I'm good with it
i havent got to do to hard of cornering yet. but the little i did felt really good. and i am also more worried about the straight line. good luck at the track. let us know what u run.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #592
Registered Member
Regular

Oh I will hoping to get video of a couple passes
Old 04-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #593
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oh I will hoping to get video of a couple passes
that would be sweet. you are stock right with suspension and gears? im interested to see how much that helps out the 60' times.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #594
Registered Member
Regular

Yep all stock
Old 04-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #595
Filibuster

Quote:

i help you weld in the umi's to if you need. i dont mind. i like helping out.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

im still lost by houma?
Awesome!...id say it'll be a while before I buy them...I really want freakin 3:73's!!....well there's alot I want of course...it'd be nice to update the 23yr old suspension too..it already takes bumps like tank im sure sfc's are gunna make it worse but I dont care!..I need them..well I think every fox body does.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote:

that would be sweet. you are stock right with suspension and gears? im interested to see how much that helps out the 60' times.
Quote:
Yep all stock
Im curious too!...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT