What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 27 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #911
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
oh yeah i also installed hood pins.

heres a before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3679403099.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	53603  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #912
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Lies!!!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Not only hood pins but a new hood and hard top!...
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #913
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Lies!!!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Not only hood pins but a new hood and hard top!...
dam it! busted. you vould barely tell it was a hard top in the view. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #914
Filibuster

Lol...I honestly didn't buy it for a second!..but I would guess that car also has a GT spoiler not a saleen!.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #915
Road Trip!

yes it looks like it but hard to tell. but it is missing the fog lights like me. and has similar head lights. but has different seats.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #916
Filibuster

Yeah the fogs and the clear side markers were what I noticed of similarities...had I not seen your car in person I might have been fooled a bit...but still been like fuk nahhh thats bs!...
Old 06-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #917
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
ok. so i decided i dont like shiny paint. i took the day off from work. and plastidipped my whole car. it looks pretty good.
DUDE! You gotta quit drinking that used motor oil.............

P.S. I have considered painting mine Satin or Tuxedo Black, but never Plasti Dip.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #918
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
im lovin the satin black. foxes look sexy as hell in satin

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

mine will be satin by end of summer
351mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #919
Road Trip!

But I love me's some of that there motor oil.
Anyways I love satin black to.I would have went that route if my paint wasn't free. And the paint job. Compliments of my dad. I helped do some prep, but he was the master.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #920
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
But I love me's some of that there motor oil.
Anyways I love satin black to.I would have went that route if my paint wasn't free. And the paint job. Compliments of my dad. I helped do some prep, but he was the master.
Yours looks great the way it is, you and your dad did a great job on it.

The Tuxedo Black I was talking about is what is on my wife's Mercury Milan.
It is a glossy, shiny black with multi-hued small metal flakes in it.
You can't really tell it is a metal flake paint until the sun hits it just right.
When it is polished up it really sparkles in the sunshine, which is what attracted my wife to it to begin with. We actually were going to buy a black and silver Flex until she saw the Milan.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #921
Road Trip!

we were actually thinking of trading in the explorer for a flex.

tuxedo black sounds nice. my original plan before the free paint, was to go " all buissness" i call it. flat black everything, no chrome. im sure you know where i am going with that. but besides the free paint, i couldnt see myself getting rid of the welds. but hey plans change all the time and im happy with the end result.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #922
Road Trip!

oh. i forgot to mention i found out what that relay was. it was for the ac clutch. all the schematics i have including doanloaded and haynes dont even show it in there. . so i think im just gonna try to remove it. it would be nice if it was in the schematic just so i could scope out where it goes. i got lucky and found a thread on modded mustangs where the guy questioned the relay (like me) because it was corroded (like me). haha gotta love google.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #923
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
oh. i forgot to mention i found out what that relay was. it was for the ac clutch. all the schematics i have including doanloaded and haynes dont even show it in there. . so i think im just gonna try to remove it. it would be nice if it was in the schematic just so i could scope out where it goes. i got lucky and found a thread on modded mustangs where the guy questioned the relay (like me) because it was corroded (like me). haha gotta love google.
Nice detective work.

P.S. On another note: Cold Air Induction. These are kind of expensive, but I believe you could fab your own and have it chromed or paint it if you wished a lot cheaper. Muscle Car Intake Kits
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #924
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Nice detective work.

P.S. On another note: Cold Air Induction. These are kind of expensive, but I believe you could fab your own and have it chromed or paint it if you wished a lot cheaper. Muscle Car Intake Kits
I just got finished installing the CAI from American muscle XD lol
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #925
Road Trip!

Quote:

Nice detective work.

good food for thought!

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I actually have a regular old round Holley filter with removable top that I thought about using and modifying. But its chrome and I haven't found a good way to remove chrome. Will sand blasting remove it?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #926
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
good food for thought!

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I actually have a regular old round Holley filter with removable top that I thought about using and modifying. But its chrome and I haven't found a good way to remove chrome. Will sand blasting remove it?
Yes & no. If it isn't put on very well sometimes sandblasting will deform and loosen it, but usually it takes a chemical bath to strip it off.

Found this -
Quote:
Caswell sells an alkaline solution that can be used via electrolysis to remove chrome plating safely from steel base metal.

If the base metal is non-ferrous, then Pickle 2 can be used to remove chrome, either with electrolysis or by soak method. Pickle 2 is 2 parts water mixed with 1 part muriatic or hydrochloric acid. Any Home Depot carries a good grade of muriatic acid that can be used for this purpose.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #927
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yes & no. If it isn't put on very well sometimes sandblasting will deform and loosen it, but usually it takes a chemical bath to strip it off.

Found this -
Awsome. I was unaware there was a chemical for this. The old cleaner I have would be a perfect starting spot. Thanx.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #928
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Awsome. I was unaware there was a chemical for this. The old cleaner I have would be a perfect starting spot. Thanx.
Yup, working on cars requires you to be a man of many talents as I'm sure you are well aware. Now you can add chemist or mad scientist to the mix.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #929
Road Trip!

this place hassome good stuff

http://www.ramairbox.com/
Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #930
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
this place hassome good stuff

Ram Air Box
They are cheaper and they do customs too.
A 14" x 5" dual snorkel would be perfect if it would fit under your hood.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #931
Road Trip!
Supporter

HA! They gots take off SNORKELS too! Snorkels
Now I won't have to fab up a take off from my fog light hole to feed up into the fenderwell.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #932
Road Trip!

yeah i came across it during a google search "home made dual snorkel" .
Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #933
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
yeah i came across it during a google search "home made dual snorkel" .
Darn good find. You made my day with this one.

I know, I know, the older I get the easier and more dangerous it is to get excited.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #934
Road Trip!

i bet not to many people get kicks off that website like we do.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #935
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
i bet not to many people get kicks off that website like we do.
No, but those that do understand why.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #936
Road Trip!

Quote:

No, but those that do understand why.
lmao.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

I used to know of another site that sold cai parts. I recommended to 93mustang lx one time. I find it and show you that one to. I don't remember if they have anything good for snorkel though.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Ahh here it is

http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=CIP2

Mostly tubing pieces and stuff
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #937
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
lmao.
---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------
I used to know of another site that sold cai parts. I recommended to 93mustang lx one time. I find it and show you that one to. I don't remember if they have anything good for snorkel though.
---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------
Ahh here it is

Custom Intake Parts: Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps

Mostly tubing pieces and stuff
Another great find! I love it!

P.S. Looking at the air cleaners on that first site I was thinking, if you do want to use one of those and IF you like the Stormin' Norman hood like I have it would be relatively easy to duct the snorkel outlets up to the ram air inlets in that hood.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #938
Road Trip!

that would be great. but for some reason im set on a big monster cowl hood. i like aggressive if you havent noticed.noisy gear drive, 10 series dumped, big hoods. haha.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #939
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
that would be great. but for some reason im set on a big monster cowl hood. i like aggressive if you havent noticed.noisy gear drive, 10 series dumped, big hoods. haha.
Ok, but the Stormin' Norman is double aggressive, being a cowl with ram air to boot.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #940
Road Trip!

Quote:

Ok, but the Stormin' Norman is double aggressive, being a cowl with ram air to boot.
Lol, yes it is. Don't get me wrong that hood is definitely sexy. I like the 4-6" cowl lift off that go all the way to the windshield. But for now until its needed I am gonna keep mine. I don't know what kind mine is and have yet to see one other stang with my hood. I spent hours one day googling trying to find someone and failed. I even searched through the countless eBay hoods. so for now I have a one a a kind.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #941
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Lol, yes it is. Don't get me wrong that hood is definitely sexy. I like the 4-6" cowl lift off that go all the way to the windshield. But for now until its needed I am gonna keep mine. I don't know what kind mine is and have yet to see one other stang with my hood. I spent hours one day googling trying to find someone and failed. I even searched through the countless eBay hoods. so for now I have a one a a kind.
I've never seen one quite like yours either. Someone may have made a one-off there.
The hood I have does come in a higher lift cowl now if you ever decide you want one.

I got the shorter version, so I could see over it better.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #942
Road Trip!

Quote:

I've never seen one quite like yours either. Someone may have made a one-off there.
The hood I have does come in a higher lift cowl now if you ever decide you want one.

I got the shorter version, so I could see over it better.
nice. when/if the time comes i will definitly check it out. i'll just try not to do any right hand turns.

if they made a one off, they did a damn good job. the fit is great. it lines up real nice and shuts good. and it is the lightest hood i ever seen. i can bounce it up and down on my pinky finger. the only down fall is i cant leave my hood open outside if there is any wind, cause it will blow it right off the prop. i need to make a saftey strap or something to keep it from coming up maybe.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #943
Road Trip!

Well. Tomorrow I am going to enter my first car show. Its a father's day thing. I have attended the show every year since I can remember. I have also bring my son every year of his life to it. Even though my car still has a few cosmetic thing to be completed, it will still be fun.

The best part is the cops let everyone burn the tires off when they exit. It is usually about 150 cars, give or take. So tonight I am gonna detail the crap out of it. The only problem is it might rain tonight and tomorrow. I don't drive my car in the rain, so hopefully it hold off.

On a side note. I doubt they are nhra legal. And honestly I haven't looked at the rules. But I picked up a couple small fire extinguishers for 1$ a piece at a yard sale.

And my funds are low. But I came across a full set of weld drag lites with slicks and skinnys mounted on them. I don't need the rear slick. So I am gonna try to talk him down and let him keep the slicks. They are 15x8 and 15x 3.5 weld draglites. Which are the same exact rims I already have. They also come with lug nuts and center caps. I need new lugs anyways because mine are rusty.

The welds I have now use acorn nuts. I don't know what he has. But I do know that to be nhra you have to be able to see so many threads. But my track will probably not care.

Oh yeah. For the whole set he is asking 500$. I am gonna try 400$ and he keeps the rear slicks.

My original plan didn't involve buying front slicks. But lowflyn brought to my attention that its not a good idea to run radial fronts with rear bias ply. It creates a high speed wobble. After lots of google searching I found that you can raise the rear pressure to fix it. But I will sacrifice some traction of course. So if I can't come up with the money I will try it. Then my wife may have found me some rims to. Go figure huh?

Ok the end. Haha.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #944
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Well. Tomorrow I am going to enter my first car show. Its a father's day thing. I have attended the show every year since I can remember. I have also bring my son every year of his life to it. Even though my car still has a few cosmetic thing to be completed, it will still be fun.

The best part is the cops let everyone burn the tires off when they exit. It is usually about 150 cars, give or take. So tonight I am gonna detail the crap out of it. The only problem is it might rain tonight and tomorrow. I don't drive my car in the rain, so hopefully it hold off.

On a side note. I doubt they are nhra legal. And honestly I haven't looked at the rules. But I picked up a couple small fire extinguishers for 1$ a piece at a yard sale.

And my funds are low. But I came across a full set of weld drag lites with slicks and skinnys mounted on them. I don't need the rear slick. So I am gonna try to talk him down and let him keep the slicks. They are 15x8 and 15x 3.5 weld draglites. Which are the same exact rims I already have. They also come with lug nuts and center caps. I need new lugs anyways because mine are rusty.

The welds I have now use acorn nuts. I don't know what he has. But I do know that to be nhra you have to be able to see so many threads. But my track will probably not care.

Oh yeah. For the whole set he is asking 500$. I am gonna try 400$ and he keeps the rear slicks.

My original plan didn't involve buying front slicks. But lowflyn brought to my attention that its not a good idea to run radial fronts with rear bias ply. It creates a high speed wobble. After lots of google searching I found that you can raise the rear pressure to fix it. But I will sacrifice some traction of course. So if I can't come up with the money I will try it. Then my wife may have found me some rims to. Go figure huh?

Ok the end. Haha.
Good luck at the show, and with the purchase.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #945
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:

Ok the end. Haha.
Good luck at the show!
So you are creating another gearhead and Mustang addict eh?

I honestly don't remember the size rules anymore, but I have a small Halon extinguisher for my car. I like it because it does not leave any residue. However, they quit making it in 1994 and all you can get nowadays is recycled Halon, which makes it expensive.

P.S. You will get a high speed wobble from slicks that are ran at low pressures regardless of your front tire type. Just be aware of that and be careful. It's kind of like riding a horse (pun intended there ), don't fight it, just go with it to keep it under control.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT