What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 40 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #1366
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Got the compcams 3/8” guide plates in and buttoned up the valve train finally..just need a few more little things then maybe will get a chance drop it in this weekend!...”hopefully”
Nice. If you only put that much work into the stang imagine what it could do. lol j/k
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #1367
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Nice. If you only put that much work into the stang imagine what it could do. lol j/k
Haha yeah I know...the stang will get some attention soon enough...I've just had plans for the BB long before I got the stang so this is kind of a big deal
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #1368
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Haha yeah I know...the stang will get some attention soon enough...I've just had plans for the BB long before I got the stang so this is kind of a big deal
BB = big deal. i can dig that formula!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #1369
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Effin 454 baby!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #1370
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Dream, I got a couple of 460's laying around. Need one for your Mustang?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #1371
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Mmmm, I like those too!

...and I'll take one
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #1372
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Dream, I got a couple of 460's laying around. Need one for your Mustang?
hmmm.... 460! arh arh arh.

in a couple of years after i get to used to mine and am power hungry ill hit you up!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #1373
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

There's enough for each of you, but they are buried in the garage and they'll be a PITA to get out. All you gotta do is show up with a strong back and a truck.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #1374
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
I have a friend who's Dad had a 74 F150 short bed w/a 460 in it. It wasn't real powerful, but it looked beautiful!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #1375
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
while we are there we should probably get some wrenching started on your stang!?!

oh we can car pull to cause we both just discovered we both hoosiers
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #1376
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
while we are there we should probably get some wrenching started on your stang!?!

oh we can car pull to cause we both just discovered we both hoosiers
Yup! Too bad we're not neighbors. I could swing over and learn a few things when you need an extra hand.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #1377
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i could always use an extra hand! i usually just have my 3 year old. which i love teaching anyways. but hes not best at wrenching yet. lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #1378
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
By the way, funny avatar!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #1379
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
haha. thanx
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #1380
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
haha. thanx
I can hear it buuzzzzzz!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #1381
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I have a friend who's Dad had a 74 F150 short bed w/a 460 in it. It wasn't real powerful, but it looked beautiful!
Yeah the newer models were pretty pitiful for HP, but they still had some torque. I have a 1970 model 429 I've been saving for years. They had more like 360 HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
while we are there we should probably get some wrenching started on your stang!?!

oh we can car pull to cause we both just discovered we both hoosiers

Been talking with the nephews and they are raring to go. Like I said things are improving a bit finance wise so I hope to get started one way or another by this fall or early winter. Hoosiers and birds of a feather, it don't get much better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Yup! Too bad we're not neighbors. I could swing over and learn a few things when you need an extra hand.

I wish you two guys and Steve were my neighbors, we'd all have a blast together.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #1382
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i cant wait to see the great trojan horses build thread! there will be a build thread right? or at least post something up here!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #1383
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
i cant wait to see the great trojan horses build thread! there will be a build thread right? or at least post something up here!
Yeah, I should be able to at least handle a camera & keyboard.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #1384
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Yeah, I should be able to at least handle a camera & keyboard.
and a whistle for the nephews! lol

i said the sphinkter goes here! muhahah
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #1385
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
and a whistle for the nephews! lol

i said the sphinkter goes here! muhahah
Yeah, I have no doubt it is going to be a learning experience for all involved.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #1386
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
i cant wait to see the great trojan horses build thread! there will be a build thread right? or at least post something up here!
Hellz yeah!...
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #1387
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Yeah the newer models were pretty pitiful for HP, but they still had some torque. I have a 1970 model 429 I've been saving for years. They had more like 360 HP.

Been talking with the nephews and they are raring to go. Like I said things are improving a bit finance wise so I hope to get started one way or another by this fall or early winter. Hoosiers and birds of a feather, it don't get much better than that.

I wish you two guys and Steve were my neighbors, we'd all have a blast together.
My dream car is a 70 Boss 429, so that's just :drool:

Yup, man that would be awesome being neighbors with all of yuz!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Hellz yeah!...
+ a ton!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #1388
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Sorry for no updates lately. Been working 7 days a week. I haven't even had a chance to get the slicks mounted. I still have my car up on jack stands. I had to fix a weld cause I had some garbage wire that sucked really bad. But the loop is complete, but I need to do some touch up paint under there.

Then the panel meter I got ended up being damaged. I contacted the seller and a new one is on the way. It seemed to be smashed during shipping and a small resistor on the back broke off.

My tire guy (father inlaw)is just gonna pick up the slicks and rims for me next weeken and mount them since I won't be able to. I think I will be working minimum 6 days a week to at least the end of the year. So hopefull I can swing time to get this thing to the track this year. Oh and I still haven't put the super sucker on yet.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #1389
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Sorry for no updates lately. Been working 7 days a week. I haven't even had a chance to get the slicks mounted. I still have my car up on jack stands. I had to fix a weld cause I had some garbage wire that sucked really bad. But the loop is complete, but I need to do some touch up paint under there.

Then the panel meter I got ended up being damaged. I contacted the seller and a new one is on the way. It seemed to be smashed during shipping and a small resistor on the back broke off.

My tire guy (father inlaw)is just gonna pick up the slicks and rims for me next weeken and mount them since I won't be able to. I think I will be working minimum 6 days a week to at least the end of the year. So hopefull I can swing time to get this thing to the track this year. Oh and I still haven't put the super sucker on yet.
Good.. I got my new pro stars today w/ Hoosier slicks in the rear and new skinnies... Brand new $400 on Craigslist.. Gotta love it.. I will put pics up I hope tomorrow..
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #1390
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
That's a Hell of a deal.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #1391
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Sorry for no updates lately. Been working 7 days a week. I haven't even had a chance to get the slicks mounted. I still have my car up on jack stands. I had to fix a weld cause I had some garbage wire that sucked really bad. But the loop is complete, but I need to do some touch up paint under there.

Then the panel meter I got ended up being damaged. I contacted the seller and a new one is on the way. It seemed to be smashed during shipping and a small resistor on the back broke off.

My tire guy (father inlaw)is just gonna pick up the slicks and rims for me next weeken and mount them since I won't be able to. I think I will be working minimum 6 days a week to at least the end of the year. So hopefull I can swing time to get this thing to the track this year. Oh and I still haven't put the super sucker on yet.
All those working hours has to suck, but it's better than the alternative.


Did you have to return the broken meter or did he let you keep it?
Just thinking that if you kept it, you might be able to pick up a resistor at Radio Shack and fix it for a spare.


Note that the Super Sucker may require a bit of carb retuning if it really "Sucks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000 View Post
Good.. I got my new pro stars today w/ Hoosier slicks in the rear and new skinnies... Brand new $400 on Craigslist.. Gotta love it.. I will put pics up I hope tomorrow..

So what kind of gun did you use making that deal?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1392
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

All those working hours has to suck, but it's better than the alternative.

Did you have to return the broken meter or did he let you keep it?
Just thinking that if you kept it, you might be able to pick up a resistor at Radio Shack and fix it for a spare.

Note that the Super Sucker may require a bit of carb retuning if it really "Sucks".

So what kind of gun did you use making that deal?
Yeah I don't mind overtime.

The resistor that was soldered on is so tiny I'm not sure if I'd want to mess with it. But I did keep it. All the seller requested was some pics of the damage.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #1393
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Yeah I don't mind overtime.

The resistor that was soldered on is so tiny I'm not sure if I'd want to mess with it. But I did keep it. All the seller requested was some pics of the damage.
Well if you decide you want to try and fix it, find a replacement resistor and mail it and the meter to me. I have a small soldering iron just for that purpose. I will replace it and mail it back to you.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #1394
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Well if you decide you want to try and fix it, find a replacement resistor and mail it and the meter to me. I have a small soldering iron just for that purpose. I will replace it and mail it back to you.
Ok. Sounds good. The only thing I'm not sure is if something inside was smashed to. Let me attach a couple pics. The back panel is sunk in a little to. But I'm not sure if there is even anything on the inside or not, well besides the bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_100958.png
Views:	50
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	61429   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_101010.png
Views:	45
Size:	559.6 KB
ID:	61430  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_101024.png
Views:	55
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	61431  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #1395
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Holy parsnips! That's ity bity
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #1396
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Holy parsnips! That's ity bity
Haha. Yes it is. I didn't want a big one. I actually had to search a while for one that small.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #1397
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Ok. Sounds good. The only thing I'm not sure is if something inside was smashed to. Let me attach a couple pics. The back panel is sunk in a little to. But I'm not sure if there is even anything on the inside or not, well besides the bulbs.
It's hard to say for sure if anything inside was damage.
A resistor should only cost a few cents at any rate.
Maybe just keep it for parts for your new one in case of failure if you'd rather do that.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #1398
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Haha. Yes it is. I didn't want a big one. I actually had to search a while for one that small.
That's what she said
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #1399
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

That's what she said
Lmao.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #1400
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
That's what she said
Ha! Lol
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.