What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 46 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #1576
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
It's a matter of changing the jets in the carb...
Trust me on this you won't get a better a/f without tuning your carb!!
yes jets. and not the new york ones. go bears
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #1577
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
No.no. Go Cowboys..
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #1578
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
No.no. Go Cowboys..
Oh no you didn't!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #1579
Lorraine's driver

Regular

No way! Go Colts! or is it Broncos? Whatever team Peyton is on
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #1580
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Daaaaa bearssssss!!!

XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #1581
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Lol, I don't even have to look at this video and I know what it is

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Yup, nailed it
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #1582
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: what it takes...

Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #1583
Lorraine's driver

Regular

^Lol!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #1584
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
^Lol!
Sorry guys. I loathe ball games (I know that's kind of Un-American of me ) and remembered that little picture joke from years ago and since you were talking about the Bears, I though you all might get a kick out of it.

A joke between my cousin and I who feels the same as I do about any kind of ball games is that we occasionally greet each other with "So, how about those Cubs eh?" The joke being neither of us knows a damn thing about any ball team of any kind.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #1585
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Sorry guys. I loathe ball games (I know that's kind of Un-American of me ) and remembered that little picture joke from years ago and since you were talking about the Bears, I though you all might get a kick out of it.

A joke between my cousin and I who feels the same as I do about any kind of ball games is that we occasionally greet each other with "So, how about those Cubs eh?" The joke being neither of us knows a damn thing about any ball team of any kind.
lol..I hate basketball I like baseball but I love hockey!..
On that note usa did win the gold in basketball today.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #1586
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
lol..I hate basketball I like baseball but I love hockey!..
On that note usa did win the gold in basketball today.
I like gold.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #1587
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:

I'm the exact same way lol, I couldn't tell you what quarter back plays for who.

Look at Bobby tackle! I haven't seen a tackle like that since Joe Montana!!!
Joe Montana was a quarterback, you idiot.
I said Joe Mantegna....

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #1588
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Only thing I like is football. But, I don't have a prob with people who aren't sports fans, especially pro sports. It's hard to listen to anyone who complains about being a millionaire! Or, who feels like they aren't paid enough for their "gift". Really, "gift". If they truly thought it was a gift, they would act the way they do!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #1589
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
I'm the exact same way lol, I couldn't tell you what quarter back plays for who.

Look at Bobby tackle! I haven't seen a tackle like that since Joe Montana!!!
Joe Montana was a quarterback, you idiot.
I said Joe Mantegna....
The quarterback pitches right?
Do they have dimebacks and nicklebacks too?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #1590
Road Trip!

man i love football. i dont get in to any other sport really.well i dont. mind watching a ufc figth evry now and then. besides that i love drag racing, which gets a little boring on tv. i dont do indy or nascar either.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1591
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
man i love football. i dont get in to any other sport really.well i dont. mind watching a ufc figth evry now and then. besides that i love drag racing, which gets a little boring on tv. i dont do indy or nascar either.
I like the UFC fights and Drag Racing, but Indy and Nascar leave me bored to tears.
Watching drag racing I much prefer the cars over the top fuel dragsters and I used to watch Pro Stock faithfully when Bob Glidden was still running.
I also like searching through YouTube and watching videos of the old races in the 60's and 70's too.

I think I hate football mainly because the games always interrupt shows I used to regularly watch.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #1592
Road Trip!

our local track has nastalgia top fuel cars every once in a while. they are awsome to watch.

yeah i just dont get into watching a car drive in circles over and over. dont get me wrong its cool what they are doing. i just find it boring to watch on tv.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote:

I think I hate football mainly because the games always interrupt shows I used to regularly watch.
haha the truth comes out.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #1593
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
our local track has nastalgia top fuel cars every once in a while. they are awsome to watch.

yeah i just dont get into watching a car drive in circles over and over. dont get me wrong its cool what they are doing. i just find it boring to watch on tv.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

haha the truth comes out.
Yes, and I've been that way since I was very young,.........which was a long time ago.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #1594
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yes, and I've been that way since I was very young,.........which was a long time ago.
yeah i hate when my shows get interupted to. big time. i always start cursing with spit flying out if my mouth. but its ok if a bears game interupts. lol
Old 08-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #1595
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I remember football practices back in the early to mid 80's and hearing the nationals going on. I wanted to ditch practice and go checkout the action.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #1596
Filibuster

New dampener, flex plate, mini starter, and a new paint job
Ready to drop it in probably during the week or next weekend!..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0812121736.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	63442  
Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #1597
Road Trip!

Quote:
man, you guys really did alot of work to that thing. good job!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #1598
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Looks awesome man! Watched Horsepower TV on spike network this weekend. They were putting a new LSX454 crate engine in a ~78 to 84 wagon to make a sleeper. I don't care for the sleeper but I love the 454's. That maro is gonna be sweet!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #1599
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Looks awesome man! Watched Horsepower TV on spike network this weekend. They were putting a new LSX454 crate engine in a ~78 to 84 wagon to make a sleeper. I don't care for the sleeper but I love the 454's. That maro is gonna be sweet!
darn it. i missed the power block this weekend. :.(. i was up and had pancakes then fell asleep on the recliner.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #1600
Filibuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

man, you guys really did alot of work to that thing. good job!
Thanks bra!...him and I are both in agreement that we want to paint the valve covers and air filter matte black like we did the oil pan.
We've run into out fair share of speed bumps along the way. The original oil pan was swapped with a new one that wouldn't clear the pump so we put the old one back in to find a stock replacement dipstick wouldn't fit. The one piece pan gasket was to thick for stock pan bolts so we went with 4 piece old school rubber and cork. One of the arp water pump bolts was to long,but after digging through my stuff I found the right one. broke a balancer/steering wheel puller taking the old balancer off. And that's just to name a few lol

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:

Quote:

darn it. i missed the power block this weekend. :.(. i was up and had pancakes then fell asleep on the recliner.
Thanks azzy!..yeah I missed the power block today also DAMN!!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #1601
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
That looks pretty darned good........for a Chevy.

Seriously, I'm really interested in hearing it and seeing how it runs.
My cousin is a big Chevy guy (632 ci & close to 2k HP is his latest creation) and I know that some of those old "fat boys" really run good.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #1602
Road Trip!

if you paint the valve covers make sure you scuff them up good. the paint may not stay on that shiny finish very well.

i was thinking that it may not be a bad idea to paint the intake to. but that was because it looked off with all the other shiny stuff.but if you painted thos other parts black it would fix that to.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #1603
Filibuster

Quote:

That looks pretty darned good........for a Chevy.

Seriously, I'm really interested in hearing it and seeing how it runs.
My cousin is a big Chevy guy (632 ci & close to 2k HP is his latest creation) and I know that some of those old "fat boys" really run good.
2k jeeeeeez loweeeez wtf is he running it in?..it is fat the engine stand it was on while I painted it was my buddies 750lb stand and it was saggin quite a bit lol.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
if you paint the valve covers make sure you scuff them up good. the paint may not stay on that shiny finish very well.

i was thinking that it may not be a bad idea to paint the intake to. but that was because it looked off with all the other shiny stuff.but if you painted thos other parts black it would fix that to.
Yeah that's what my friend was thinking to, but a few weeks ago I saw on two guys garage the guy painted chrome valve covers and he just said to scuff them up real good. I guess we'll find out eh?..
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1604
Road Trip!

It will be fine as long as you scuff them. I meant if you don't scuff then the paint won't stay good.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #1605
Filibuster

Oooooohhhh...my friend was tellin me he may wipe some grease over the spot that says edelbrock then when the paint dries just wipe it off to have the edelbrock chrome. I've never done this before but he says he does it alot at work. Im interested in tryin it.
But thinkin of it now that would make scuffing it more difficult because you'd want the edelbrock still clean..
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #1606
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oooooohhhh...my friend was tellin me he may wipe some grease over the spot that says edelbrock then when the paint dries just wipe it off to have the edelbrock chrome. I've never done this before but he says he does it alot at work. Im interested in tryin it.
But thinkin of it now that would make scuffing it more difficult because you'd want the edelbrock still clean..
why not just tape it? that method will work but its kinda sloppy. you can even tape it before you scuff so you dont hit that area.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #1607
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
2k jeeeeeez loweeeez wtf is he running it in?..it is fat the engine stand it was on while I painted it was my buddies 750lb stand and it was saggin quite a bit lol.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Yeah that's what my friend was thinking to, but a few weeks ago I saw on two guys garage the guy painted chrome valve covers and he just said to scuff them up real good. I guess we'll find out eh?..
He is running it in a tube chassis, fiberglass bodied Beretta. I can't for the life of me remember the class it runs in, but he says it will run low 4's to high 3's in the 1/8th mile.
I believe he told me the dyno run netted 1200+ HP N/A and he's adding 700 HP worth of nitrous on top of that.

Yes, those engine's are heavy. Back when I was building 429-460 Ford's I ended up building me a HD engine stand, because I was afraid the purchased ones I had were going to fail and drop my engine on the floor. If I ever get it dug out of the corner (it still has a BBF on it. ) I will take some pics of it.

Painting Chrome -
Quote:
Hydrochloric acid, available everywhere as muriatic acid, will easily etch the chrome. Be very careful of over etching and you will need to very careful of dissolving the chrome completely if the acid is undiluted.

A fine airbrush with an abrasive will provide a good mechanical surface for adhesion, and there are many precision airbrushes around that will accept fine carbide or carborundum abrasives. Again, be careful and use a stencil mask to help avoid damaging your item.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #1608
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Remember on trucks they had that big dude Paul - can't member his last name? I kept thinking he was gonna say "next time you strip that bolt tetz, I'm gonna wrap this wrench around your neck!" Lol
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #1609
Filibuster

Quote:

why not just tape it? that method will work but its kinda sloppy. you can even tape it before you scuff so you dont hit that area.
I think his idea was a quick way of doing it. Me personally I'd tape it then go over it with a charcoal block to outline it to make it easier to cut straight lines. I think im talkin him out of his idea because it does sound like it will be ugly.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #1610
Road Trip!

Quote:
Remember on trucks they had that big dude Paul - can't member his last name? I kept thinking he was gonna say "next time you strip that bolt tetz, I'm gonna wrap this wrench around your neck!" Lol
Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT