What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 47 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #1611
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

He is running it in a tube chassis, fiberglass bodied Beretta. I can't for the life of me remember the class it runs in, but he says it will run low 4's to high 3's in the 1/8th mile.
I believe he told me the dyno run netted 1200+ HP N/A and he's adding 700 HP worth of nitrous on top of that.

Yes, those engine's are heavy. Back when I was building 429-460 Ford's I ended up building me a HD engine stand, because I was afraid the purchased ones I had were going to fail and drop my engine on the floor. If I ever get it dug out of the corner (it still has a BBF on it. ) I will take some pics of it.

Painting Chrome -
I can get muriatic acid easily as I was brick laying for a few years with my old neighbor and we use muriatic (diluted with water) to clean the snots (splattered mortar) off the wall.
The engine stand I have is 1,000lb capacity and held up fine for years with the BB on it,but yeah I shared the same sketchy feelings about bolts shearing off and dropping it :/

Your friend have any video links of him runnig it?.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Remember on trucks they had that big dude Paul - can't member his last name? I kept thinking he was gonna say "next time you strip that bolt tetz, I'm gonna wrap this wrench around your neck!" Lol
I'm gunna use this one lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #1612
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
My buddy just sent me a pic of the alt. that he painted black and got new pulley for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0812122105.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	63471  
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #1613
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
My buddy just sent me a pic of the alt. that he painted black and got new pulley for.
That's gonna look sweet on the BB!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #1614
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
I can get muriatic acid easily as I was brick laying for a few years with my old neighbor and we use muriatic (diluted with water) to clean the snots (splattered mortar) off the wall.
The engine stand I have is 1,000lb capacity and held up fine for years with the BB on it,but yeah I shared the same sketchy feelings about bolts shearing off and dropping it :/

Your friend have any video links of him runnig it?.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I'm gunna use this one lol
No car vids he's shared with me yet.
I had one of a run with the engine in a mud truck before he pulled it out and made some changes to use it in the drag car, but it's on my jacked up HDD. If I'm able to get my info off of it I will post that up later. You won't believe how quick and violent it was.


The info on the acid and blasting was from the net on a painting forum or website, so it should be accurate.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #1615
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Was it a gen 2 f body Baretta? Like a funny car body?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #1616
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

That's gonna look sweet on the BB!
Hells yeah!..

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

No car vids he's shared with me yet.
I had one of a run with the engine in a mud truck before he pulled it out and made some changes to use it in the drag car, but it's on my jacked up HDD. If I'm able to get my info off of it I will post that up later. You won't believe how quick and violent it was.

The info on the acid and blasting was from the net on a painting forum or website, so it should be accurate.
Ooo I wanna see!!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1617
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Was it a gen 2 f body Baretta? Like a funny car body?
Elefino? It's just a fiberglass body that slides over the cage and chassis, kind of like a funny car, but it looks more like the factory body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Hells yeah!..

Ooo I wanna see!!..

If I can find it in the mess of my HDD, I will sure post it up.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #1618
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Was it a gen 2 f body Baretta? Like a funny car body?
Im guessing more of the pro stock look.?. like a fiberglass door slammer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jimberetta.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	63481  
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #1619
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Im guessing more of the pro stock look.?. like a fiberglass door slammer.
Ah, those. Too bad not a 3rd gen. Looks better. But that might not have been a concern.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #1620
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Im guessing more of the pro stock look.?. like a fiberglass door slammer.
That's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Ah, those. Too bad not a 3rd gen. Looks better. But that might not have been a concern.
Nope, looks were purely secondary. Cost was primary.
Given his choice, he would have rather had a Camaro I'm sure, as that's what he has always ran in the past.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #1621
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Ah, those. Too bad not a 3rd gen. Looks better. But that might not have been a concern.
Well this is just my guess. I don't know squat about barettas. Other then they were stock 6 bangin wrong wheel drive 2 door wanna be sprts car thingies lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #1622
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
I was googling for a 3rd gen just to see what I could see and then it came to me BERLINETTA :duh:

Lol oops!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #1623
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I was googling for a 3rd gen just to see what I could see and then it came to me BERLINETTA :duh:

Lol oops!
That I know is a crappy lookin 3rd gen v6 camaro lol.
I like 3rd gen maros but either z28's or irocs. I had an 82 z28. It was nice but still slow as s#!t..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #1624
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

That I know is a crappy lookin 3rd gen v6 camaro lol.
I like 3rd gen maros but either z28's or irocs. I had an 82 z28. It was nice but still slow as s#!t..
Yup +1, I had an 84Z, but wanted an IROC when they came out. Can't wait to see your friends maro with the BB up and running!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #1625
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Yup +1, I had an 84Z, but wanted an IROC when they came out. Can't wait to see your friends maro with the BB up and running!
I had an 86 iroc.. Fun car to say the least..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1626
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Hey mike did you loose your dog?..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	420205.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	63797  
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #1627
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Hey mike did you loose your dog?..
Haha. Funny numb nuts...
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #1628
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Haha. Funny numb nuts...
That reminds me, I want to get a bulldog and name it Nuttly.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #1629
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

That reminds me, I want to get a bulldog and name it Nuttly.
Lol ...do It
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #1630
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
So I put on the super sucker today. Well last time I ran it my duel feed line started leaking. I didn't think much about it. Because I knew I was gonna put on the spacer, I figured I would fix it then. Well I never unhooked the line. I just unbolted the carb and lifted it up. Well it was leaking even worse today. I didn't notice until it was running for a minute. And it seemed as if the af was better but still a bit high. I'm sure this leak has something to do with. But you know what? I don't feel like fixing the leak today. Lol

Damn autozone special fuel line.

I also attached a pic of the hillbilly coupling throttle cable bracket spacer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120815_162029.png
Views:	68
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	63953   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120815_162050.png
Views:	65
Size:	460.9 KB
ID:	63954  

dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #1631
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Doesn't look bad at all man..lol you said super sucker!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #1632
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
haha. i think they named it after my ex girfriend.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #1633
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Doesn't look bad at all man..lol you said super sucker!
That's what I call my wife! Sshhh....... don't tell her I said that!
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #1634
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
lol. it was bound to go this way.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #1635
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

That's what I call my wife! Sshhh....... don't tell her I said that!
Pics or it didn't happen lol JK JK!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #1636
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Pics or it didn't happen lol JK JK!!
Lol! How's this?

(Olivia munn from g4)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-190713666.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	64015  
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #1637
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
So I put on the super sucker today. Well last time I ran it my duel feed line started leaking. I didn't think much about it. Because I knew I was gonna put on the spacer, I figured I would fix it then. Well I never unhooked the line. I just unbolted the carb and lifted it up. Well it was leaking even worse today. I didn't notice until it was running for a minute. And it seemed as if the af was better but still a bit high. I'm sure this leak has something to do with. But you know what? I don't feel like fixing the leak today. Lol

Damn autozone special fuel line.

I also attached a pic of the hillbilly coupling throttle cable bracket spacer.
Ha! People underestimate hillbilly engineering!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
haha. i think they named it after my ex girfriend.
Lol!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

That's what I call my wife! Sshhh....... don't tell her I said that!
Lmao!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

Lol! How's this?

(Olivia munn from g4)
Ha! I'm over reaching my LOL short hand knowledge here...

LMFAO

I did it!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

^ Good grief, I shoulda just read all these first and then posted Hehe
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #1638
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Ha! People underestimate hillbilly engineering!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------



Lol!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------



Lmao!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------



Ha! I'm over reaching my LOL short hand knowledge here...

LMFAO

I did it!
Looks even worse In a quote.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #1639
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Looks even worse In a quote.
Ha! Its like a lesson plan
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #1640
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

Lol! How's this?

(Olivia munn from g4)
your not married to olivia munn!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #1641
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

your not married to olivia munn!
How do you know?
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #1642
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
So I put on the super sucker today. Well last time I ran it my duel feed line started leaking. I didn't think much about it. Because I knew I was gonna put on the spacer, I figured I would fix it then. Well I never unhooked the line. I just unbolted the carb and lifted it up. Well it was leaking even worse today. I didn't notice until it was running for a minute. And it seemed as if the af was better but still a bit high. I'm sure this leak has something to do with. But you know what? I don't feel like fixing the leak today. Lol

Damn autozone special fuel line.

I also attached a pic of the hillbilly coupling throttle cable bracket spacer.
Redneck ingenuity at it's best. My cars won't run without it.
Did you ever procure you a copy of the Holley Supertuning book?
I'm thinking some air bleeds adjustment would help you fine tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
That's what I call my wife! Sshhh....... don't tell her I said that!

You are a brave and maybe foolish man, to make online statements like that. I envy you your bravery and pity you if she ever finds out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
haha. i think they named it after my ex girfriend.

Hmmm, did every guy have one of those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
lol. it was bound to go this way.

Indeed, sometimes you know immediately after you post it and other times you post it just to see what responses you'll get.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1643
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Yes I picked up a copy of that along time ago. I did try adjusting the air bleeds before install. But I kinda rookies it and didn't do it properly. I put the air bleeds back to factory and already read a bit on adjustments. And will give it Hell again after I replace the duel feed hose on the carb. I think the leak is affecting my a/f to. It was leaking pretty good, and the leak is after the gauge. But I am definitely not running it anymore till I fix it. I am scared of fuel leaks.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #1644
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Yes I picked up a copy of that along time ago. I did try adjusting the air bleeds before install. But I kinda rookies it and didn't do it properly. I put the air bleeds back to factory and already read a bit on adjustments. And will give it Hell again after I replace the duel feed hose on the carb. I think the leak is affecting my a/f to. It was leaking pretty good, and the leak is after the gauge. But I am definitely not running it anymore till I fix it. I am scared of fuel leaks.
I agree, they could easily cost you your car and maybe your life.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #1645
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
ok. fixed the fuel leak. and did some tuning. and now i have a few questions.

it took 2 complete turns out on the air screws to get the best a/f i could. the best i could get was about 14.8:1 i could get it a hair better but it would stumble a hair when i rev. so once i got it to that point i ran the screws back in a little. so its obvious i need to rejet. also the a/f is a bit higher at idle then it is during revs.

A. when i got a better a/f i lost a couple pounds of vacuum. now i only have about 10 lbs of vacuum. is it better to go to the factory air bleed settings with higher vacuum, then rejet at that locotaion? i checked the screws originally before i farted with them and they were exactly 1 turn out, so i know for referance.

B. does it hurt to have a high a/f ratio if its not causing detonation? because it is really running great.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.