What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 50 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #1716
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Man, that sounds great buddy!
thamks buddy. thats one of the better vids i have done with my phone, because my mic sux. thats why i had to get so far away and off to the side.. and i cant do revs no matter how far away i am. the only real good video on my youtube channel was done on my dads phone. i had to upload to my account from his phone. but that one sounded really good.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #1717
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Good news is we're one step closer!..bad news is according to a bunch of peps on the nastyz28 forum small block mounts work with the BB swap...bad news us there ain't no way in hell we can fit headers in there with these mounts.
Man that gonna look sweet when she's all buttoned up! What's the biggest engine they put in those bodies, a 400? That and the 455 were Pontiac, but I don't remember any bigger than 350's in the Z's. Straight from the factory I mean.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

thamks buddy. thats one of the better vids i have done with my phone, because my mic sux. thats why i had to get so far away and off to the side.. and i cant do revs no matter how far away i am. the only real good video on my youtube channel was done on my dads phone. i had to upload to my account from his phone. but that one sounded really good.
Seems like some of them phones do a real good job, until they exceed that magic decibel where it turns to garbull. That vid was good sounding.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #1718
Road Trip!

yeah i kimda got it figured out, the best location the record from. it takes really good pictures to. it has an 8 megapixel camera and i can also turn up the quality on the vid if i wanted to and record in hd. unfortunatley the hd doesnt help the sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #1719
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: what it takes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Rumpity, bumpity, bump!
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #1720
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Good news is we're one step closer!..bad news is according to a bunch of peps on the nastyz28 forum small block mounts work with the BB swap...bad news us there ain't no way in hell we can fit headers in there with these mounts.
Buy a header kit and fab up some good, old time fender well headers maybe?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #1721
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Rumpity, bumpity, bump!
argh argh argh.... haha
Old 08-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #1722
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
argh argh argh.... haha

You wouldn't believe how those vids and sound files affect me. I sit here listening and watching, drooling all over the place while I'm doing it.

I went out to the garage the other day and looked at my 86. We had a little talk and I told him to get his lazy *** ready, cause it's getting closer to the time to get back at it and we had rubber to burn and doors to blow off. He looked at me, grinned great big and dripped a few drops of fluid on the floor.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #1723
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Buy a header kit and fab up some good, old time fender well headers maybe?
We're going to try BB mounts then some cheapy headman headers..
If that don't work then it's fab time

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote:

You wouldn't believe how those vids and sound files affect me. I sit here listening and watching, drooling all over the place while I'm doing it.

I went out to the garage the other day and looked at my 86. We had a little talk and I told him to get his lazy *** ready, cause it's getting closer to the time to get back at it and we had rubber to burn and doors to blow off. He looked at me, grinned great big and dripped a few drops of fluid on the floor.
+5.0!!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #1724
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

We're going to try BB mounts then some cheapy headman headers..
If that don't work then it's fab time

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

+5.0!!!
Ah hell Steve, make some Zoomi's!!

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #1725
Road Trip!

Quote:

lol ^ true story ^

---------- Post added 08-19-2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-18-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

did you guys see this prototype car that smoz posted?
So...Not really Mustang Related, but Amazing!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #1726
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
lol ^ true story ^

---------- Post added 08-19-2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-18-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

did you guys see this prototype car that smoz posted?
So...Not really Mustang Related, but Amazing!
Yes, it's true, every word of it.

I just went and watched that. Sure beats any engine change I ever did, even on my Cub Cadet garden tractor.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #1727
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yes, it's true, every word of it.

I just went and watched that. Sure beats any engine change I ever did, even on my Cub Cadet garden tractor.
oops. i wanted to show that one. but i was also talking of another one. let me dig it up. its a prototype for a supercar thats suppose to go into production that comes equipted with a 2700hp nelson racing engine and supposed to run a 6 second 1/4 and do 315 mph for 750k$

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

here this. i know you will like it even though it hasnt showed us a real car. but i know you share a love for nelson racing engines like i do. be sure to click on the read more link.
World's Fastest Car?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #1728
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
oops. i wanted to show that one. but i was also talking of another one. let me dig it up. its a prototype for a supercar thats suppose to go into production that comes equipted with a 2700hp nelson racing engine and supposed to run a 6 second 1/4 and do 315 mph for 750k$

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

here this. i know you will like it even though it hasnt showed us a real car. but i know you share a love for nelson racing engines like i do. be sure to click on the read more link.
World's Fastest Car?
Holy Schizzle! 2700 HP, 315 MPH! How in the world are they going to get that to the ground?

Like this I guess - Optional drag package designed to emulate the traction mechanics of a Pro Stock 200 mph dragster and Optional 300 mph landspeed safety package
Old 08-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #1729
Road Trip!

Quote:

Holy Schizzle! 2700 HP, 315 MPH! How in the world are they going to get that to the ground?

Like this I guess - Optional drag package designed to emulate the traction mechanics of a Pro Stock 200 mph dragster and Optional 300 mph landspeed safety package
I knew you would get a kick out of that. And it has all kinds of fancy interior options to. Phsh who cares about that though. It's just a fraction of the cost of a veyron ss and will blow its door off.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #1730
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I knew you would get a kick out of that. And it has all kinds of fancy interior options to. Phsh who cares about that though. It's just a fraction of the cost of a veyron ss and will blow its door off.
I saw those and a boatload more options.

At around $750K, it will ( relatively of course) be a bargain compared to the BugNasty.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #1731
Road Trip!

Quote:

I saw those and a boatload more options.

At around $750K, it will ( relatively of course) be a bargain compared to the BugNasty.
Hell yeah it would.

But nice talking man, I think I'm gonna hit the sac though. Good night.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #1732
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Hell yeah it would.

But nice talking man, I think I'm gonna hit the sac though. Good night.

Yep and I need to get back to work on my PC. Take care.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #1733
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I showed my wife your video of how your stang sounds. I told here that I'll get me a set of cams in my ride sometime. After she was done laughin' at me, she said it sounds like Van Halen Hot for Teacher.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #1734
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I showed my wife your video of how your stang sounds. I told here that I'll get me a set of cams in my ride sometime. After she was done laughin' at me, she said it sounds like Van Halen Hot for Teacher.
Haha nice. That's funny, I don't care you are.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #1735
Road Trip!
Supporter

I found a vid of my cousin Mike's engine running in his mud truck.
The HP listed is wrong as it makes 1200 or better without NOS, but it's basically the same engine making close to 2k now.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #1736
Road Trip!

Quote:
I found a vid of my cousin Mike's engine running in his mud truck.
The HP listed is wrong as it makes 1200 or better without NOS, but it's basically the same engine making close to 2k now.

sweet man. it sounds awsome. just like a real monster truck.

i have only owned one chevy. it was a 78 chevy half ton. it had

6" skyjacker suspension, 3" body lift, ladder bars, mickey tompson classic 1s rims, 38.5x16 denim ground hawg rims, rancho steering stabalizer, detroit lockers feont and rear,2800 stall, line lock, i dont remember the gear ratio but it was at about 5500 k at 50 mph. i had the tranny built my a good friend that owns a tranny shop with heavy duty shiz.

the body was near perfect for a mud truck, it had a racer back and visor over the windshield, cherry red, mickey thompson tinted on the back window, no carpet in the interior,

then i fibbed a little. i traded my 6000$ quad that was about 1 1/2- 2 years old. i also had about 3500$ in aftermarket stuff done. i traded it for a 11 second 500hp 88 iroc camoro. it was rotting away. i just got it for the motor. i put that in the truck. the only bad thing was it had a solid cam. which isnt really the best for an all out mud truck. i was still kinda rookie in my gear head days. i had some problems with it over heating. but wasnt to big of a deal. but anyways i had to sell it when i bought my house, it is greatly missed to this day.

when i put the motor in i fabbed a custom engine lift. that was because the hood was even with the top of my head. i used to sit under it indian style to change the head barely ducking. thats basicaly my only chevy experience i have.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

oh yeah. and i kick myself in the a$$ because for some reason i cant seem to find a damn picture of it anywhere. i even searched the internet for hour multiple times. i thought i maybe able to find it because i bought it in IN about 45 minutes or so southeast of indianapolis. it was about 5 minutes from a place called haspin acres. its a huge off road park that even has some pro motorcross track. that and it before i bought it was in the state fair mud drags many years in a row. all the entey stickers were still on the window. so i hoped i could track a pic down since i know some major places that it ripped up in its hay day.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #1737
Road Trip!
Supporter

That was Mike in the vid walking away from the truck at the start, his son was actually driving it in that vid.

Truck from the description.

There used to be a bunch of lifted 4wd Chevys around here, but most are gone now. The only thing I've seen lately is one lone 78 Ford with huge tires and a built 460 in it. They were the thing to have for a while, but I never strayed away from my Mustangs. I've only owned one 4wd Ford truck. I bought it for $500, cleaned it up and got it running good, then sold it for $2500. About that time my oldest daughter was getting married, so the money was spent along with a good deal more on a wedding.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #1738
Road Trip!

Yeah well mike seems to have a bad as$ motor. Personally I don't like the way chevys sound when they are close to stock. A lot of people run the glasspacs and all that junk. To me they sound like a flappy kind of exhaust not. But once they get into high hp they sound Awsome. It really sounded like it had great throttle response to.

The 4x4 seen is what kind off got me into wrenching. That and when I first started driving and working I had to maintain my own vehicles. But I also had an 84 f150. It wasn't lifted much. But I used to beet the dog snot out of that thing. And it would take everything I threw at it. Old school f150 FTW
Old 08-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #1739
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah well mike seems to have a bad as$ motor. Personally I don't like the way chevys sound when they are close to stock. A lot of people run the glasspacs and all that junk. To me they sound like a flappy kind of exhaust not. But once they get into high hp they sound Awsome. It really sounded like it had great throttle response to.

The 4x4 seen is what kind off got me into wrenching. That and when I first started driving and working I had to maintain my own vehicles. But I also had an 84 f150. It wasn't lifted much. But I used to beet the dog snot out of that thing. And it would take everything I threw at it. Old school f150 FTW
We used to call them the "blat blat" boys. I hated that sound too, but everyone else around here thought it was cool.

Mike is like us and builds/modify's most of his stuff himself. What he has accomplished with no more than what he started with and has, is nothing short of amazing. He regularly outruns the high dollar crowd around here and even works on some of their stuff cause they don't know or care to learn how to do it themselves.

Yep, them old Fords are tough. If anyone doesn't believe that they should watch Charles Bronson in "Mr. Majestyk". They used the same old Ford truck throughout the entire shooting of the movie and it took some hellacious abuse.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #1740
Road Trip!

Quote:

We used to call them the "blat blat" boys. I hated that sound too, but everyone else around here thought it was cool.

Mike is like us and builds/modify's most of his stuff himself. What he has accomplished with no more than what he started with and has, is nothing short of amazing. He regularly outruns the high dollar crowd around here and even works on some of their stuff cause they don't know or care to learn how to do it themselves.

Yep, them old Fords are tough. If anyone doesn't believe that they should watch Charles Bronson in "Mr. Majestyk". They used the same old Ford truck throughout the entire shooting of the movie and it took some hellacious abuse.
I haven't seen Mr majestyk. Hmm...

That truck was a soldier. When I fist bout it I went to change to oil when I got it home. I pulled the plug and nothing. So I get a welding rod and start poking in there. And all the sudden, bloop bloop bloop. That was the sludgiest, chunkiest oil I had ever seen. but it didn't care. It was an old 289. I had bought it out of town from work. I finally get it home after about 2-3 minus, and wasn't even home for 2 weeks. My buddy was filling me. And this dude in a brand new Silverado tries to pass me and my buddy at the same time when I was turning left. He nailed the **** out of me probably going 50 mph. I did a full 360 and he mangled the bed. Well it tool him about 100-150 feet to stop. Well he cohldnt see my turn signal and had the f n nerve to get out of his truck and start coming at me. Well he didn't realize the car be hind me was my buddy. Well as soon as he does he hops in his truck and is gone. I got about half his plate, and the damn cops could care less. It took them 20 minutes to even get there. I was pissed. But on a side not. That truck still drove perfect. It didn't affect it on bit.

Now the weirdest thing ever. This truck had an older motor in it. It had a points distributor in it. The one problem it would do. Is every great on e in a while it would not start on me. And it wasn't the points adjustment cause I would check it often and when it happened.

But the quick fix would be to take a spark plug wire off. Stick a bolt in to check for spark. Then when I put the wire back on it would fire right up, everytime. This may sound wierd or coincidental. But it wasn't . I could crank that thing till the battery ran out, and unless I did what I just described it wouldn't start. I even showed a buddy that was a mechanic and he couldn't believe it. You ever heard of any crazy Sh¡t like that?

P.s. sorry for all the long stories tonight. Haha. But I'm going to bed. Later man.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #1741
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I haven't seen Mr majestyk. Hmm...

That truck was a soldier. When I fist bout it I went to change to oil when I got it home. I pulled the plug and nothing. So I get a welding rod and start poking in there. And all the sudden, bloop bloop bloop. That was the sludgiest, chunkiest oil I had ever seen. but it didn't care. It was an old 289. I had bought it out of town from work. I finally get it home after about 2-3 minus, and wasn't even home for 2 weeks. My buddy was filling me. And this dude in a brand new Silverado tries to pass me and my buddy at the same time when I was turning left. He nailed the **** out of me probably going 50 mph. I did a full 360 and he mangled the bed. Well it tool him about 100-150 feet to stop. Well he cohldnt see my turn signal and had the f n nerve to get out of his truck and start coming at me. Well he didn't realize the car be hind me was my buddy. Well as soon as he does he hops in his truck and is gone. I got about half his plate, and the damn cops could care less. It took them 20 minutes to even get there. I was pissed. But on a side not. That truck still drove perfect. It didn't affect it on bit.

Now the weirdest thing ever. This truck had an older motor in it. It had a points distributor in it. The one problem it would do. Is every great on e in a while it would not start on me. And it wasn't the points adjustment cause I would check it often and when it happened.

But the quick fix would be to take a spark plug wire off. Stick a bolt in to check for spark. Then when I put the wire back on it would fire right up, everytime. This may sound wierd or coincidental. But it wasn't . I could crank that thing till the battery ran out, and unless I did what I just described it wouldn't start. I even showed a buddy that was a mechanic and he couldn't believe it. You ever heard of any crazy Sh¡t like that?

P.s. sorry for all the long stories tonight. Haha. But I'm going to bed. Later man.
Dayum! Tough truck engine for sure.

You guys should have jumped in your buddies vehicle and chased him long enough to get his plate. I bet he was drunk.

That sounds like you may have had a bad engine ground and sparking it through the bolt to the block probably "welded" up the ground connection a bit so it made better contact each time.

Once I sat down and figured out how to wire the newer pointless ignition system boxes to the older vehicles, I never messed with points again. Boy, I used to get sick of them and their issues.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #1742
Road Trip!

Yeah. Everything happened so fast. Like I said he was going so fast by time he stopped he was a good way Down the road. When he started screaming, he looked as if he was walking towards us. So we started walking that direction. We were about 20 feet from our vehicles and he litterally ran as fast as he could and flew out of there. I didn't really have a chance.

Yeah I always kept a match book with me incase I needed to adjust them litlle bastards.lol I did end up getting an msd setup but never installed. It. I ended up selling it to my good buddy. It had a 9" rear in it.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #1743
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah. Everything happened so fast. Like I said he was going so fast by time he stopped he was a good way Down the road. When he started screaming, he looked as if he was walking towards us. So we started walking that direction. We were about 20 feet from our vehicles and he litterally ran as fast as he could and flew out of there. I didn't really have a chance.

Yeah I always kept a match book with me incase I needed to adjust them litlle bastards.lol I did end up getting an msd setup but never installed. It. I ended up selling it to my good buddy. It had a 9" rear in it.
The old "quickly shrinking gonads" must have gotten to him.
It's funny sometimes how bullies will flee if you stand your ground and walk toward them showing a willingness to fight.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #1744
Road Trip!

Quote:

The old "quickly shrinking gonads" must have gotten to him.
It's funny sometimes how bullies will flee if you stand your ground and walk toward them showing a willingness to fight.
yeah, what really suprised me was he was in a brand spanking new truck! it couldnt have been more than a year old. and his front end was shattered all over the road. he must not have had insurance.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

lol and you said quickly shrinking gonads. lol
Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #1745
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
yeah, what really suprised me was he was in a brand spanking new truck! it couldnt have been more than a year old. and his front end was shattered all over the road. he must not have had insurance.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

lol and you said quickly shrinking gonads. lol

It's bad that you got creamed and could have been hurt, but him fracking up his new truck and running off like the coward he was is worth a chuckle.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #1746
Road Trip!

did about 5 hard pulls on her. 4 from a stop and one from a 20 roll for fun. but this suspension is ridiculous. on my baby street tires i can launch at 3000k all day long and just barely spin. with the slicks on her i will have no problem with traction what so ever. i did the suspension right after i did my motor. and with the way more powerful motor hooks better on this suspension than the close to stock motor did on stock suspension.

i also truley apologize i cannot supply any videos but my gosh damn phone takes the worst sound ever! i recorded a few pulls and my car sounds like a fukn moped! arghh. i can see a gopro in the future!

also she runs best at the original settings i had tune wise. but im still gonna rejet, i just havent done it yet. i got the kit today when i was leaving. so i didnt get a chance to play yet.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #1747
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
did about 5 hard pulls on her. 4 from a stop and one from a 20 roll for fun. but this suspension is ridiculous. on my baby street tires i can launch at 3000k all day long and just barely spin. with the slicks on her i will have no problem with traction what so ever. i did the suspension right after i did my motor. and with the way more powerful motor hooks better on this suspension than the close to stock motor did on stock suspension.

i also truley apologize i cannot supply any videos but my gosh damn phone takes the worst sound ever! i recorded a few pulls and my car sounds like a fukn moped! arghh. i can see a gopro in the future!

also she runs best at the original settings i had tune wise. but im still gonna rejet, i just havent done it yet. i got the kit today when i was leaving. so i didnt get a chance to play yet.
Glad it's working well for you.

Can you just turn the sound off or connect an external mic?
I figured if there were any issues, vids of the launch might help sort them out, but if it is launching well it doesn't matter.

I have a Go Pro, the only thing I don't like is the learning curve for using it. I do like the add ons though and I want to get the remote control and extra battery pack to go with mine.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #1748
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:

What phone do you have? My iPhone 4 can take pretty good video with sound inside my car. I need to get a mount for mine so when I goto the track next month I can turn it on and get some videos going down the track.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #1749
Road Trip!

well i have tried my wifes iphone 4s. it does better sound than mine. but i have only done one idle video with it in the garage. and it still distorted. so i havent bothered pursuing it anymore. plus the picture quality isnt as good as my phone(htc sensation). but the distortion wasnt as bad so maybe it would be ok in the car?

i think im gonna look into seeing if i coukd use an external mic.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #1750
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Nice!...I was a good cool day out here so im sure it was by you also!
Yeah I want fukin videos!!!..if you don't get one before I stop out there we'll have to try my phone. It works really well with my setup, but it's also not as loud as yours (DAMNNN!!) But it does take good HD vids (mytouch 4G)
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT