What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 65 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #2241
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Not the best pic as it was taken on my buddies sh¡t cell. But all that's needed is to hook up the fuel line from pump to carb, button up the exhaust, add coolant then cross our fingers :/
The old air cleaner cover is just sitting on the carb to keep debris out as the engine doesn't fit under the hood with a filter. So a cowl will probably be added later on.

Hey mike does the turnbuckle alternator bracket look familiar?!..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0902121104.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	67757  
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #2242
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
The pic is about a week old so the wires and other misc stuff is hooked up since the pic..still no power steering bracket but that's not needed at the moment.
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #2243
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Not the best pic as it was taken on my buddies sh¡t cell. But all that's needed is to hook up the fuel line from pump to carb, button up the exhaust, add coolant then cross our fingers :/
The old air cleaner cover is just sitting on the carb to keep debris out as the engine doesn't fit under the hood with a filter. So a cowl will probably be added later on.

Hey mike does the turnbuckle alternator bracket look familiar?!..
the motor is looking sexy!

the bracket is like yours? i dont remember
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #2244
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

the motor is looking sexy!

the bracket is like yours? i dont remember
Nooo silly....I was thinkin more like what you have on your stang!.
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #2245
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Nooo silly....I was thinkin more like what you have on your stang!.
im lost... sorry. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4080329276.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	67762  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #2246
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

im lost... sorry. lol
When you were goin to go with the supercharger didn't you use a turnbuckle for clearance?...
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #2247
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

When you were goin to go with the supercharger didn't you use a turnbuckle for clearance?...
no. i was gonna have to clearance the belt tensioner. but for that all i had to do is find a 85(i think) v6 belt tensioner. i do have a turn buckle on my shelf that i may or may not use to make a torque link.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

When you were goin to go with the supercharger didn't you use a turnbuckle for clearance?...
ohh i do remember that that would have worked to tension the belt. but i never got that far. i ended finding the v6 tensioner from EHP. but before i bought it my plans chamged.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #2248
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
this is what im rocking my friend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4086273822.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	67763  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #2249
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

no. i was gonna have to clearance the belt tensioner. but for that all i had to do is find a 85(i think) v6 belt tensioner. i do have a turn buckle on my shelf that i may or may not use to make a torque link.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------



ohh i do remember that that would have worked to tension the belt. but i never got that far. i ended finding the v6 tensioner from EHP. but before i bought it my plans chamged.
Ohhh..well then I guess just like TH in my old age im goin bonkers!..
Wutevzz it's hillgrillin time
Cheers!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #2250
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Ohhh..well then I guess just like TH in my old age im goin bonkers!..
Wutevzz it's hillgrillin time
Cheers!!
lol fukn cheers! ,'/
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #2251
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Here's what I'm Rockin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-761157293.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	67767  
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #2252
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
Here's what I'm Rockin
Oh shat son!...that must've been wtf I was thinkin of!...seee im not crazy!..im nAt cRaZeee!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #2253
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Oh shat son!...that must've been wtf I was thinkin of!...seee im not crazy!..im nAt cRaZeee!!
Nahh you are still crazy.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #2254
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Nahh you are still crazy.
Bullz!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #2255
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Your not crazy if you talk to yourself....but if you answer yourself......well that's a different story
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #2256
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
Your not crazy if you talk to yourself....but if you answer yourself......well that's a different story
haha. good point.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #2257
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Yeah good point. Welp I finished a sixxer whilst I was hillgrillin should I stock up and keep goin?..
Yes steve...yes you should!
Ok steve..ya know sometimes you really know what you're talkin boot!
Cheerzzz again beyatches°
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #2258
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Yeah good point. Welp I finished a sixxer whilst I was hillgrillin should I stock up and keep goin?..
Yes steve...yes you should!
Ok steve..ya know sometimes you really know what you're talkin boot!
Cheerzzz again beyatches°
Ever seen multiplicity? Lmao, she touched my peppy Steve, I like pizza
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #2259
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post

Ever seen multiplicity? Lmao, she touched my peppy Steve, I like pizza
Love that movie
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #2260
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
I need a 6er
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #2261
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
I need a 6er
I'm thinkin an 18 pack
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #2262
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

I'm thinkin an 18 pack
Wayyy ahead of y'all I got a 30pk
And im finna (cuz im gangsta) go to da bar and get a few freebies°
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #2263
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Wayyy ahead of y'all I got a 30pk
And im finna (cuz im gangsta) go to da bar and get a few freebies°
werent you gonna do that a long time ago? lol i only have 18 .........
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #2264
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

werent you gonna do that a long time ago? lol i only have 18 .........
Well I can't hillgrill in da bar so I've been kickin it in my parkin lot lol.. She did tell me to go over there though. I can here they have a band playin so if there's a cover charge im gunna be piiiissssed!..lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #2265
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Well I can't hillgrill in da bar so I've been kickin it in my parkin lot lol.. She did tell me to go over there though. I can here they have a band playin so if there's a cover charge im gunna be piiiissssed!..lol
just tell em you know the bartender fool i isnt paying shizzz!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #2266
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

just tell em you know the bartender fool i isnt paiying shizzz!
UPDATE!!..No cover charge fo meee!

P.s I also know da fukin owner so baaaazing!!..

P.s.s her daughter iz smokin hot!!! And before all you pu$$ies say ”picks or it didn't happen”...come to Stellas on state street and see for your goddamn selves! Haha
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #2267
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post

UPDATE!!..No cover charge fo meee!

P.s I also know da fukin owner so baaaazing!!..

P.s.s her daughter iz smokin hot!!! And before all you pu$$ies say ”picks or it didn't happen”...come to Stellas on state street and see for your goddamn selves! Haha
Don't make me hop in my Prius!!!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #2268
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Don't make me hop in my Prius!!!
you could make that drive in 4 hours probably.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #2269
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post

you could make that drive in 4 hours probably.
I think that's why they put a happening stereo in there. Cause it takes soooo long to get anywhere.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #2270
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Don't make me hop in my Prius!!!
I'll give ya a dallah for gas money when ya get here!..and a jager bomb on da house!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #2271
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

I'll give ya a dallah for gas money when ya get here!..and a jager bomb on da house!!
Oh come on, he at least deserves a couple Irish car bombs!
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #2272
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
hey trojan. i didnt look into to much yet. but i found some one summit. there are a bit expensive. but here they are.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-8510201/?rtype=10
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #2273
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
go bears!!!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #2274
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
go bears!!!
Nah! Nope
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #2275
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Nah! Nope
ohhh yeah. colts fan. well today you are my enemy. :growling:
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.