What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 73 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #2521
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well as long as all of us generally hate f**king imports then that's not so bad ahaha

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Haha! The new thread title is great
Haha I know right? I was being stupid and thought it got deleted at first

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #2522
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: What it takes for forced induction and much more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000 View Post
^^^ I like the new title TH. Lol.

Also I forgot to mention a 1970 1/2 split bumper camaro. With a twin Turbo coyote of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Haha! The new thread title is great
Thanks, thread titles are being changed to more accurately reflect the contents of the threads in accordance with the site owner's instructions. We hope to make them easier to understand and to be more easily searchable. When you make new threads try to be as descriptive as possible without the title being overly long.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #2523
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Thanks, thread titles are being changed to more accurately reflect the contents of the threads in accordance with the site owner's instructions. We hope to make them easier to understand and to be more easily searchable. When you make new threads try to be as descriptive as possible without the title being overly long.
I like it. It should have been named that from the beginning. but I never expected it to be what it is now. Lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #2524
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
I like it. It should have been named that from the beginning. but I never expected it to be what it is now. Lol
Thanks, I intended to PM you and let you know, but I have been pretty busy along with being my usual groggy and slow self.

It did evolve into the big shiznit thread in this forum, maybe the site even, I haven't checked, didn't it.

At some point we should probably consider closing it, (I know that's discouraging to hear. ) so we can use our postings to increase the site thread count. Your opinion please?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #2525
Lorraine's driver

Regular

But... *snif*snif* Can we just... *efnwiunkwe* <---nose blow
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #2526
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
??? We can't this is the ultimate fox bs thread. It keeps certain stang guys out cause it's not general discussion.. sad sad..
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #2527
Road Trip!
Supporter

Oh crap! A rebellion in progress, run for the hills!

Sorry guys, as an administrator I have to think about what is best for the site.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #2528
Road Trip!

Quote:

Thanks, I intended to PM you and let you know, but I have been pretty busy along with being my usual groggy and slow self.

It did evolve into the big shiznit thread in this forum, maybe the site even, I haven't checked, didn't it.

At some point we should probably consider closing it, (I know that's discouraging to hear. ) so we can use our postings to increase the site post count. Your opinion please?
Of course I wouldn't want to see what it takes close. But I totally understand and was actualy wondering about the future of it. I do believe that I wouldn't start individual threads for each and every opinion I like to get from you guys. But maybe we could open up an off topic hangout for us to keep the shenanigans alive or something.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #2529
Lorraine's driver

Regular

We could call the off-topic thread "The Dream Weaver"...? Huh? Huh?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #2530
Road Trip!

Quote:
We could call the off-topic thread "The Dream Weaver"...? Huh? Huh?
Only if you explain. Lol

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Hey folks. After work I will setup a thread in the bar for us to hang out. If we need simple opinions on stuff or just like to trash talk we can do it there. But if its real tech we can just start tech threads to help Trojans request. Sound good?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #2531
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Of course I wouldn't want to see what it takes close. But I totally understand and was actualy wondering about the future of it. I do believe that I wouldn't start individual threads for each and every opinion I like to get from you guys. But maybe we could open up an off topic hangout for us to keep the shenanigans alive or something.
Ok, I understand that and I agree with you about starting a thread for every opinion.

However, we need to keep discussions centered on Tech in this tech forum though, as that is one of the site rules. A little off topic every now and then could probably slip by unnoticed, but we need to keep it down as much as possible and concentrate on the tech aspect.

I suppose what we need to do is to keep the thread centered on just your car & your mods and if other members have questions we need to see that those are addressed in separate threads?
Maybe start a Dreamstang's Fox Body Owner's Hangout in the Bar forum for non tech stuff? Opinion?

I'm just trying to follow the site rules, yet I feel like an *** doing it.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #2532
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Only if you explain. Lol

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Hey folks. After work I will setup a thread in the bar for us to hang out. If we need simple opinions on stuff or just like to trash talk we can do it there. But if its real tech we can just start tech threads to help Trojans request. Sound good?
Because you are always dreaming up cool fabs and you are Dreamstang!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #2533
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Only if you explain. Lol

See my previous post.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #2534
Lorraine's driver

Regular

And here's your thread theme song...

Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #2535
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Yeeshh..well I'll make my contribution to the next thread that will be started!..I promise to bring the thread rapidly of topic then someone can ask some silly tech question or somethin and try to reanimate ”what it takes”..
You may slow us down TH but you will never take..OUR FREEEEDOOM!!!
Muhuhahaha
Well technically I guess you could being the admin...but still MUHUHAHAHA!!!! Lol

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Fuk it mang I like hangin out at bars anyways I got no prob hangin out there!..
P.S. Balls!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #2536
Road Trip!

Quote:

Because you are always dreaming up cool fabs and you are Dreamstang!
Haha. Gotcha.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Yeeshh..well I'll make my contribution to the next thread that will be started!..I promise to bring the thread rapidly of topic then someone can ask some silly tech question or somethin and try to reanimate ”what it takes”..
You may slow us down TH but you will never take..OUR FREEEEDOOM!!!
Muhuhahaha
Well technically I guess you could being the admin...but still MUHUHAHAHA!!!! Lol

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Fuk it mang I like hangin out at bars anyways I got no prob hangin out there!..
P.S. Balls!
Lol I new you would feel more at home.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:

See my previous post.
Don't lose sleep over it buddy. We fully understand.

Did I beat you to the punch line? Haha

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Oh. Just please don't close the thread till later or enough time I can post a link to the new hangout.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #2537
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Haha. Gotcha.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Lol I new you would feel more at home.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Don't lose sleep over it buddy. We fully understand.

Did I beat you to the punch line? Haha

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Oh. Just please don't close the thread till later or enough time I can post a link to the new hangout.
Yes, you did and see how close the ideas are?

I won't close it at all. We just need to move the off topic and non-tech posting to another thread.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #2538
Road Trip!
Supporter

Note: Don't let the thread sit for to long though or the forum software will automatically close it. At 1 or maybe 2 month intervals, not 100% sure which.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #2539
Road Trip!

Quote:
Note: Don't let the thread sit for to long though or the forum software will automatically close it. At 1 or maybe 2 month intervals, not 100% sure which.
Don't worry. I never go more than 1 month without doing something to my car.

Plus I'm sure I will have some pics of the diff cover and some more questions here soon.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #2540
Road Trip!

Ok guys. Delivered as promised, and even early. Feel free everyone to join in on the fun and we will try to keep thks thread clean. Dream Weaver (what it takes off topic style)
Old 09-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #2541
Registered Member
Regular

Soo how do I take my wheels off? Hahaha that's a tech question right?

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #2542
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown347 View Post
Soo how do I take my wheels off? Hahaha that's a tech question right?
Yes, but you need to ask it in a thread of your own.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #2543
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Don't worry. I never go more than 1 month without doing something to my car.

Plus I'm sure I will have some pics of the diff cover and some more questions here soon.
Ok great, I just wasn't sure if you were aware of that.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #2544
Registered Member
Regular

Lol i know my tag says newbie but come on now I just don't want to see this thread die
Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #2545
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown347 View Post
Lol i know my tag says newbie but come on now I just don't want to see this thread die
It won't die, we just need to ease up on the off topic, non tech posts and other users asking their tech questions in it instead of asking them in their own thread.

I'm the last person who would want to ask people to not do certain things in this thread, but I have no choice because if I just keep letting it slide it could cost me my position on the forums for not doing my job correctly.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #2546
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
It won't die, we just need to ease up on the off topic, non tech posts and other users asking their tech questions in it instead of asking them in their own thread.

I'm the last person who would want to ask people to not do certain things in this thread, but I have no choice because if I just keep letting it slide it could cost me my position on the forums for not doing my job correctly.
I understand. sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #2547
Road Trip!

update. So when I ordered my stuff to finish to put the rear end together. I ordered the load bolts seperatly. Anyways on the load bolt order I typed in some info wrong online. I didn't notice the email until the next day. So needless to say it took an extra day to get the bolts. Anyways I got everything so back to fabbing and setting the rear end.

I also don't know if I mentioned. Do you remember that I found the bolts on the replacement parts section off a gm diff cover? I don't remember the brand cover it was, but I found them (on summit also) for 3$ cheaper (23$). These ones are trickflow brand. For future reference trickfloe calls them differential load bolts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120919_182339.png
Views:	49
Size:	482.0 KB
ID:	69207   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120919_182419.png
Views:	49
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	69209  

Old 09-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #2548
Road Trip!

sorry for so many pics. my app kept crashing so i didnt think they were going through.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #2549
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
update. So when I ordered my stuff to finish to put the rear end together. I ordered the load bolts seperatly. Anyways on the load bolt order I typed in some info wrong online. I didn't notice the email until the next day. So needless to say it took an extra day to get the bolts. Anyways I got everything so back to fabbing and setting the rear end.

I also don't know if I mentioned. Do you remember that I found the bolts on the replacement parts section off a gm diff cover? I don't remember the brand cover it was, but I found them (on summit also) for 3$ cheaper (23$). These ones are trickflow brand. For future reference trickfloe calls them differential load bolts.
Quote:
sorry for so many pics. my app kept crashing so i didnt think they were going through.
I wonder if there is a diameter or length difference in the bolts for the GM cover?

I fixed the too many pics for you. Hope I got the right ones.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #2550
Road Trip!

Quote:

I wonder if there is a diameter or length difference in the bolts for the GM cover?

I fixed the too many pics for you. Hope I got the right ones.
yes you did. thanx.

yeah it was a little risky ordering the gm cover bolts. especially because there were no thread dimensions/lengths. but i think they will be perfect. i havent bolted the cap on the verify the location of contact with the load bolt. but my cover from flange/mating surface to the top of the cover is gonna be around 3 7/16". these load bolts have 4" of threads plus the pad. so i think they will be perfect. tomorow i will put the cap on, then get a measurment just to be sure.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #2551
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
yes you did. thanx.

yeah it was a little risky ordering the gm cover bolts. especially because there were no thread dimensions/lengths. but i think they will be perfect. i havent bolted the cap on the verify the location of contact with the load bolt. but my cover from flange/mating surface to the top of the cover is gonna be around 3 7/16". these load bolts have 4" of threads plus the pad. so i think they will be perfect. tomorow i will put the cap on, then get a measurment just to be sure.
I don't know what I'm thinking. You are fabbing the cover so it shouldn't matter, DUH!
Good luck hope it all goes well.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #2552
Road Trip!

haha. yup, exactly.

like i said though i was a little nervous because i couldnt find the thread dimensions anywhere including summit and trickflow.

oh BTW they are 1/2 13. i new you said yours were, but that was holding me back a little on fabrication because i couldnt be positive tricklow's gm setup was the same as lpw's ford setup.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #2553
Road Trip!
Supporter

GoPro Mounts Are Freaking Strong!

I thought you might appreciate seeing this in light of your recent purchase.
Just DO NOT try to replicate it please.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #2554
Road Trip!

Quote:
GoPro Mounts Are Freaking Strong!

<a href="
Hell yeah. I wonder if it was the suction cup or magnet? Because I definitely need more mounts.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #2555
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Hell yeah. I wonder if it was the suction cup or magnet? Because I definitely need more mounts.
It doesn't say anywhere, but I would guess it is a suction cup.
The magnets tend to slide when stuck to the sides of a vehicle, but the cups stay planted. Being made of rubber they better allow for vibration and bumps.

The key is to attach them to a clean surface.

Just wiping the cup with a damp rag is usually sufficient to keep them where you put them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT